Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 RB Prospects « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 10, 2013, 03:03:46 PM

I think you should also add Rex Burkhead to that list as well JD. If I was going to get a compliment back to Martin I'd draft Burkhead who can run and catch the ball very well. Although injured for a few games he did post stats of 24 for 140 and 1 TD rushing and 4 for 39 and a TD receiving against Georgia in the Capital One Bowl. I think he'd be a much better option for giving Martin a breather and as the 3rd down back over DJ Ware.

I'm a big Burkhead and Graham fan with one of 4th round picks we have.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 10, 2013, 03:19:37 PM

I really hope we don't waste a high pick on RB. I wouldn't mind a power back for short yardage situations but between Dougie and Ware we're set at RB.

I still have high hopes that Smith will turn into a Sproles type back for us. Doug has proven to be very durable but I don't want to see Schiano make the same mistake Gruden did with Caddy. There has to be some rotation or his career could be very short. I have to believe Blount had an attitude/effort issue. He really only contributed anything on one drive in one game late in the 4th quarter. Maybe Jeff Fisher would give us a late round pick for him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 10, 2013, 03:21:16 PM

lonnie pryor late.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 10, 2013, 07:39:56 PM

lonnie pryor late.

this. 6th round

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 10, 2013, 07:43:14 PM

A healthy Eddie Lacy is the best RB in this draft. My only question with him is the turf toe he dealt with the bulk of this season. If you watched Alabama's last 4-5 games when he finally was fully healthy, there was not a back in the country with a better combo of size, speed, and vision. Not to mention the spin move he is famous for!

He will be gone early 2nd if I had to make a guess, so too early for the Bucs, but if he did fall for some reason, I'd love to have him compliment Dougie Martin.

Actually Gio Bernard is. better production with a less talented OL. that Bama OL is better than most NFL lines. id like to see what Lacy does with an OK OL. i bet hes nowhere near as good. look at mark ingram, he won the friggin heisman and hes done nothing since. granted hes on a team that throws it alot that has multiple backs but he doesnt stand out. same situation. I could run for 1000 yards behind that beastly Bama line. i also dont think Lacy has been 100% healthy his entire career and thats somewhat of a red flag as well

spurzo

Second String

#20 : January 10, 2013, 08:01:16 PM

Doubt Tampa wants to spend a draft pick on a running back until 4th round.  If Bell was around when we drafted in the 4th I'd be willing to spend one of our two 4th's on him.  Really unique to have a big back that can catch and pass protect like he can.  His 10 yard split at the combine will be key to his draft position.  He'd be a really valuable short yardage back.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 17, 2013, 07:51:57 AM

Been watching a lot of Joseph Randle this week. That kid is pretty damn good. Not only is he a solid runner with good size and speed, but his pass protection and receiving skills are top notch. This is another guy who will likely go way too early for the Bucs to have a chance at, but he is impressive. Other than Monte Ball, I think he is the most well rounded running back in the draft. Just does everything very well.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 RB Prospects « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools