Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible Replacement for Ronde?? « previous next »
Page: 1

red816

Rookie

: January 10, 2013, 10:09:44 PM

LaRon Landry

2012 Stats:

Games played - 16
Total tackles - 99
Forced fumbles - 4
INT - 2
PD - 8
TD- 1(int return)

I believe the duo of LaRon Landry and Mark Barron could be dangerous! It's exactly what this team needs, especially the defense. Schiano talks about changing the culture and developing us into a "tough" "physical" team. Picking up this guy, would not only get Schaino's message across, but also improve the physicality of our defense!

Landry put up a solid season and was the one of the few bright spots on terrible Jets team. Assuming Ronde retires, which I am confident he will...We should sign him this offseason...Thoughts?

Interesting article...http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/landry-jets-won-hometown-discount-article-1.1220499?pgno=1

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 10, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

No thanks. Draft a FS in the 2nd or 3rd...or go hard after Byrd if he isn't tagged.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Law-Buc

Starter
#2 : January 10, 2013, 10:24:49 PM

The Bucs should select D. J. Swearinger in the third round. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 10, 2013, 10:28:06 PM

I thnk they roll with Barron and Ahmad Black.    Too many other needs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 10, 2013, 10:42:52 PM

Sign Grimes, Jammer and draft a CB high. Swing Jammer over to FS if Black doesnt work out or the rook can ball as the #2.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 10, 2013, 10:48:24 PM

There is no replacement for Ronde.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 11, 2013, 02:22:07 AM

The Honey Badger will be the second coming of Ronde. Hope we take him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 11, 2013, 02:28:23 AM

The Honey Badger will be the second coming of Ronde. Hope we take him.

No offense, but Ronde and Honey Badger should never be used in the same sentence.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 11, 2013, 07:48:28 AM

The honey badger is a stupid, miniature, overrated kid with drug and maturity issues. He has nothing in common with the greatness that is Ronde Barber.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 11, 2013, 08:17:37 AM

I thnk they roll with Barron and Ahmad Black.    Too many other needs.

I do think we draft a CB in the first and if we do bring someone in for FS it will be for depth not necessarily to start over Black. He played well in his role, which is very difficult to come off the bench on 3rd down and be completely ready. He'll do better this year when he is a full time starter.

I'd like to see Grimm get a shot at the FS position but he seems to be buried in the depth chart for some reason.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 11, 2013, 09:13:16 AM

Landry is a body builder.

I think he is average at best.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 11, 2013, 10:36:00 AM

I really like Ahmad Black.  I thought he was our best safety in 2011.  That said, we need some depth either way.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible Replacement for Ronde?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools