Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: January 13, 2013, 12:11:05 AM

........will now watch the rest of the playoffs on tv like most of the rest of us. Peyton Manning coughed up the game. The rest of his team played well enough to win. He choked again.

Aaron Rogers is headed for Canton no doubt, but looked very ordinary tonight.

Maybe Josh Freeman isn't so bad after all.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 13, 2013, 12:13:54 AM

........will now watch the rest of the playoffs on tv like most of the rest of us. Peyton Manning coughed up the game. The rest of his team played well enough to win. He choked again.

While i agree that Peyton pulled a "Peyton", is it Rodgers' fault that their Defense was gutted for almost 600 yds?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#2 : January 13, 2013, 12:17:23 AM

Freeman still sucks.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 13, 2013, 12:19:04 AM

Freeman still sucks.

+111

Sparkybuc needs to keep witnessing for the faith though.  Don't bash him for his religion.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 13, 2013, 12:27:23 AM

While i agree that Peyton pulled a "Peyton", is it Rodgers' fault that their Defense was gutted for almost 600 yds?

Is it Freeman's fault that our defense was gutted week after week?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 13, 2013, 12:29:43 AM

Absolutely not. Who said it was?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 13, 2013, 12:36:49 AM

Strawman. That's who.

Welcome to Freepology 101.
: January 13, 2013, 12:54:31 AM chace1986

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 13, 2013, 12:48:49 AM

Absolutely not. Who said it was?

We have several on this board who blame Freeman for the losses. They say he should be able to overcome the weakness in our pass defense. Drew Brees lost 9 games with the Saints, and he is much more experienced than Freeman. Their fans aren't calling for a trade. These "fans" refuse to credit him for the wins and blame him for the losses. There's no logic to their reasoning.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 13, 2013, 12:52:26 AM

How many of the 9 losses do you think Free contributed to?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 13, 2013, 12:53:53 AM

why are there still Freeman arguments?

obviously the pass defense is a huge problem, but you can't go around throwing 4 INTs a game or throw half your passes nowhere near your receiver

both have to improve

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 13, 2013, 12:58:53 AM

obviously the pass defense is a huge problem, but you can't go around throwing 4 INTs a game or throw half your passes nowhere near your receiver

both have to improve

+1...and most realize that both the offense and the defense are to blame for the losses. The freepologists and freehaters are the small groups that are too dense to see that.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 13, 2013, 01:00:20 AM

It isn't either or. The pass defense sucked and Freemannwas horribly inconsistent.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 13, 2013, 01:11:37 AM

both have to improve

+1...and most realize that both the offense and the defense are to blame for the losses. The freepologists and freehaters are the small groups that are too dense to see that.

It's a never-ending argument. Freeman is only going to bring the team as far as it's own weakest link.

Fix the pass defense and we stand a chance with anyone behind center. Being that freeman isn't a seasoned vet like brad was when he won the Superbowl, he cannot manage the offense to wins if the defense always gives up points. Not at this stage of Freeman's game. Not yet anyway.

Just to put it into perspective. The pass defense was so bad, that even a #1 run defense couldn't gain them wins. Crying about a QB is worthless when he posts around 25+ points per game, but the pass defense allows 30+. I know the numbers aren't right, but you get the point.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 13, 2013, 01:59:56 AM

CK looked elite to me. His performance is stuff of legend now.

And yes, I still think Free is replaceable. He is what he is. He is maddeningly capable, but he when he struggles you can call it the day. I do not see a winner in Josh Freeman.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 13, 2013, 02:29:12 AM

both have to improve

It's a never-ending argument. Freeman is only going to bring the team as far as it's own weakest link.

Fix the pass defense and we stand a chance with anyone behind center. Being that freeman isn't a seasoned vet like brad was when he won the Superbowl, he cannot manage the offense to wins if the defense always gives up points. Not at this stage of Freeman's game. Not yet anyway.

Just to put it into perspective. The pass defense was so bad, that even a #1 run defense couldn't gain them wins. Crying about a QB is worthless when he posts around 25+ points per game, but the pass defense allows 30+. I know the numbers aren't right, but you get the point.

No they don't.

The fact remains two elite QBs lost today. That suggests to me that football is a team sport. The Bucs' pass defense was respectable in one game. Freeman was erratic and inconsistent, but was also respectable or impressive in several games. The Bucs can win with him. They can't win consistently without a complete overhaul of the CBs. Freeman has issues but his issues can be corrected. He doesn't have to be replaced. Our starting CBs do. We have depth. We don't have starters.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools