Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#90 : January 14, 2013, 10:50:06 PM

Kapernick, RG3, Luck, Wilson.....geez......Josh had a great season in his first full year as well. Yet, people are falling for it once again. The league, and in particular, defenses, adjust. Can these young QBs modify and adjust to stay one step ahead. Josh is still struggling to do so. Give these young QBs another full season before crowning them.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#91 : January 14, 2013, 11:07:41 PM

No one is crowning anyone.

These 4 young QBs played very well this year and are getting the credit that they are due...Freeman got praise for playing well in '10...and so will these kids. No need to diminish what they have done so far because our QB couldn't maintain course.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#92 : January 14, 2013, 11:38:11 PM

I would trade Freeman for Russell Wilson in a nanosecond.

I would take RGIII or Andy Luck over Josh as well.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#93 : January 14, 2013, 11:42:24 PM

forced to choose between the 3 rooks, who are you taking?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#94 : January 14, 2013, 11:44:33 PM

forced to choose between the 3 rooks, who are you taking?

Russell

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#95 : January 14, 2013, 11:47:26 PM

Luck pretty easily now that we have no clue on Griffin's injury. Though I would still take Luck over him without injury but much tougher choice.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#96 : January 14, 2013, 11:49:21 PM

Luck pretty easily now that we have no clue on Griffin's injury. Though I would still take Luck over him without injury but much tougher choice.

Yeah that knee could be trouble for RG III.

I was never big on Luck.

And another guy I like is Kaepernick, although he is not a rookie, second year guy.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#97 : January 14, 2013, 11:51:32 PM

I do like Kaepernick, made some awesome throws this past weekend plus big plays on the run.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#98 : January 15, 2013, 12:06:53 AM

Luck has a lot of learning to do, as do the others.

But I think Luck is the best out if all three, but not by much. Wilson is saavy. RGIII is scary good...if...

gone

Hall of Famer
#99 : January 15, 2013, 12:42:49 AM

Kapernick, RG3, Luck, Wilson.....geez......Josh had a great season in his first full year as well. Yet, people are falling for it once again. The league, and in particular, defenses, adjust. Can these young QBs modify and adjust to stay one step ahead. Josh is still struggling to do so. Give these young QBs another full season before crowning them.

Josh was never in the same zipcode with these guys.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#100 : January 15, 2013, 01:46:48 AM

Absolutely wrong. Compare the stats. Very similar after their first full season. And that's with Raheem Morris coaching. Lets see how good they this time next season.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

gone

Hall of Famer
#101 : January 15, 2013, 03:01:48 AM

Absolutely wrong. Compare the stats. Very similar after their first full season. And that's with Raheem Morris coaching. Lets see how good they this time next season.

Really? This again?  Josh played nowhere near any of their levels if you actually watched him play, and his "first full year" was one he already had 9 starts the season prior, which is substantially more than any of those other guys.  I'm really wondering what kind of distorted memory of 2010 people have.  You'd think Josh was tossing TDs while rappelling out of a helicopter saving kids from burning buildings and composing a symphony at the same time that year or something. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#102 : January 15, 2013, 07:13:31 AM

Really? This again?  Josh played nowhere near any of their levels if you actually watched him play, and his "first full year" was one he already had 9 starts the season prior, which is substantially more than any of those other guys.  I'm really wondering what kind of distorted memory of 2010 people have.  You'd think Josh was tossing TDs while rappelling out of a helicopter saving kids from burning buildings and composing a symphony at the same time that year or something.

In one hand he had a AK-47 firing off unlimited shots straight up into the air, while saving children, and some sort of Black Sabbath-ish tune blaring in the background.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#103 : January 15, 2013, 07:30:41 AM

I think we can all acknowledge that stats aren't everything. Simply going by the eye test, Josh is not on par with either of those four....not even close.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#104 : January 15, 2013, 07:56:56 AM

Kapernick, RG3, Luck, Wilson.....geez......Josh had a great season in his first full year as well. Yet, people are falling for it once again. The league, and in particular, defenses, adjust.

Not saying that Josh is necessarily as good as those guys , but you are right about people overreacting to one good season. Freeman looked like a future hall of famer in 2010. The league does adjust .

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Kapernick or Wilson bomb next season. I'd only be a little surprised if Luck and RGIII did.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools