Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#105 : January 15, 2013, 09:07:35 AM

id take luck hands down.  i do like kaepernick but believe he's a mirage as a superstar.  you can stop a QB from running, and then whats he gonna do?  rg3 has shown he will be very injury prone.  and wilson, i gotta say he has impressed me.  i thought he would have fallen apart already.

i think the main thing is that a team has to feel real good about the future of any of those guys.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#106 : January 15, 2013, 10:47:39 AM

Wilson just looks like the total package. Sees the field, makes smart decisions, and executes plays to near perfection. He did make a few high throws, but all QBs do that some. If he improves, this kid will be scary good. As long as his offensive system allows him to move, his height may prove to not be a problem. He moves under perfect control, feeling pressure when there while keeping eyes downfield and not panicking. He's much stockier than Griffin and already does a better job getting his body out of harms way too. And he can deliver the ball QUICKLY from all kinds of angles. Haven't seen enough of Kaepernick to judge. Luck looked a little slow to me delivering the ball, but has some escapability too. These guys are all capable of winning championships down the road...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#107 : January 15, 2013, 10:51:04 AM

Kapernick, RG3, Luck, Wilson.....geez......Josh had a great season in his first full year as well. Yet, people are falling for it once again. The league, and in particular, defenses, adjust. Can these young QBs modify and adjust to stay one step ahead. Josh is still struggling to do so. Give these young QBs another full season before crowning them.

Josh was never in the same zipcode with these guys.

Absolutely wrong. Compare the stats. Very similar after their first full season. And that's with Raheem Morris coaching. Lets see how good they this time next season.

I think we can all acknowledge that stats aren't everything. Simply going by the eye test, Josh is not on par with either of those four....not even close.

This does not compute with the excuse machines.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#108 : January 15, 2013, 02:50:43 PM

Stats aren't everything, but abilities are measured in statistics. We have a QB who is nowhere near his peak. His peak is likely 4 or 5 years down the road. By next November he will own every career franchise record other than completion percentage. He's done that in what will be less than 64 games in less than ideal circumstances. Only an idiot would say he can't play any better. Put Dan Marino in the 2009 draft at the 17th pick. Would he have fared any better with Raheem Morris and the least experienced team in the league? I seriously doubt it. In what many here say is a bad year, Freeman ranked in the top 10 in the league and set franchise records in points scored and yardage. I have no doubt he will improve on all of that next season. I can't wait to see it happen. Marino might have won 11 games in 2010 and bumped the Packers out of the playoffs. He might have even won 8 games in 2011 and saved Raheem from being fired, but then we wouldn't have Schiano. I like our future with Freeman and Schiano much better. If Marino couldn't win a SB with Don Shula, he sure as hell couldn't do it with Raheem. 

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#109 : January 15, 2013, 05:10:18 PM

Dude, you're terrible.

After near 6 decades of watching pro football, I am no dude.

Wow, you certainly must have learned a lot in that time. Truly, your football knowledge is beyond dispute.

I truly believe Raheem will never go 3 years in a row without making the playoffs. The Bucs will win playoff games too, not just get there and lose.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#110 : January 15, 2013, 05:47:20 PM

Stats aren't everything, but abilities are measured in statistics. We have a QB who is nowhere near his peak. His peak is likely 4 or 5 years down the road. By next November he will own every career franchise record other than completion percentage. He's done that in what will be less than 64 games in less than ideal circumstances. Only an idiot would say he can't play any better. Put Dan Marino in the 2009 draft at the 17th pick. Would he have fared any better with Raheem Morris and the least experienced team in the league?

Dude you realize that his BEST year came with Raheem Morris? I keep seeing the Raheem ruined him bit but 2010 is the only reason we are even thinking about keeping this cat.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#111 : January 15, 2013, 06:03:54 PM

I personally think last year was his best year. Sure he had a slump at the end but he had a while there where I really liked his play. I think he can build on that play. He just needs to fix what was going wrong at the end there as well as he can. And he's capable of doing that.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#112 : January 15, 2013, 10:55:33 PM

How many of the 9 losses do you think Free contributed to?

2-3

Only 2-3?

Uh, are you serious?

Yes, the cornerbacks blew most of the games

Uh, no they didn't.

They blew the Dallas game? They blew the Redskins game? They blew either NO game? They blew the Falcons game? They blew the Broncos game? They blew the StL game?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#113 : January 15, 2013, 10:58:59 PM

Kapernick, RG3, Luck, Wilson.....geez......Josh had a great season in his first full year as well. Yet, people are falling for it once again. The league, and in particular, defenses, adjust. Can these young QBs modify and adjust to stay one step ahead. Josh is still struggling to do so. Give these young QBs another full season before crowning them.

I guarantee that other than Kaepernick, those other 3 guys end up being a lot better than Freeman.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#114 : January 15, 2013, 10:59:41 PM

I would trade Freeman for Russell Wilson in a nanosecond.

I would take RGIII or Andy Luck over Josh as well.

Without a doubt.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#115 : January 15, 2013, 11:00:11 PM

forced to choose between the 3 rooks, who are you taking?

As crazy as it sounds, I'm taking Russell Wilson.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#116 : January 15, 2013, 11:02:51 PM

Wilson just looks like the total package. Sees the field, makes smart decisions, and executes plays to near perfection. He did make a few high throws, but all QBs do that some. If he improves, this kid will be scary good. As long as his offensive system allows him to move, his height may prove to not be a problem. He moves under perfect control, feeling pressure when there while keeping eyes downfield and not panicking. He's much stockier than Griffin and already does a better job getting his body out of harms way too. And he can deliver the ball QUICKLY from all kinds of angles. Haven't seen enough of Kaepernick to judge. Luck looked a little slow to me delivering the ball, but has some escapability too. These guys are all capable of winning championships down the road...

Very good assessment of Russell Wilson...and let's not forget this guy seems like a great leader. If you listen to him talk in interviews, it's tough not to get behind that guy.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#117 : January 15, 2013, 11:05:06 PM

Stats aren't everything, but abilities are measured in statistics. We have a QB who is nowhere near his peak. His peak is likely 4 or 5 years down the road. By next November he will own every career franchise record other than completion percentage. He's done that in what will be less than 64 games in less than ideal circumstances. Only an idiot would say he can't play any better. Put Dan Marino in the 2009 draft at the 17th pick. Would he have fared any better with Raheem Morris and the least experienced team in the league? I seriously doubt it. In what many here say is a bad year, Freeman ranked in the top 10 in the league and set franchise records in points scored and yardage. I have no doubt he will improve on all of that next season. I can't wait to see it happen. Marino might have won 11 games in 2010 and bumped the Packers out of the playoffs. He might have even won 8 games in 2011 and saved Raheem from being fired, but then we wouldn't have Schiano. I like our future with Freeman and Schiano much better. If Marino couldn't win a SB with Don Shula, he sure as hell couldn't do it with Raheem.

Top 10 in the league in what?

And now you're comparing him to Dan Marino?

1st Brees now Marino? Who's next, Brady and Montana?!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#118 : January 15, 2013, 11:10:24 PM

Dude, you're terrible.

After near 6 decades of watching pro football, I am no dude.

Wow, you certainly must have learned a lot in that time. Truly, your football knowledge is beyond dispute.

I truly believe Raheem will never go 3 years in a row without making the playoffs. The Bucs will win playoff games too, not just get there and lose.

The Bucs had just missed an 11-5 season and a playoff spot by two consecutive bad calls in Detroit's end zone. I was hardly alone in what I believed. This was before anything was known about the clubbing..

The "experts" misfire on their picks all the time. I'm no expert, but I've seen enough, long enough, to come up with an educated guess. We upgraded the coaches and the team has talent and experience. The playoff run starts in 2013, though I doubt you will dig this up to congratulate me in 2016 when I am proven right.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#119 : January 15, 2013, 11:18:49 PM

Top 10 in the league in what?

And now you're comparing him to Dan Marino?

1st Brees now Marino? Who's next, Brady and Montana?!

You read a lot. You just don't comprehend much. Comprehend means understand. Means is the same as. English and math are not your strong points.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools