Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

Hate

Hall of Famer
#120 : January 15, 2013, 11:32:29 PM

Wilson just looks like the total package. Sees the field, makes smart decisions, and executes plays to near perfection. He did make a few high throws, but all QBs do that some. If he improves, this kid will be scary good. As long as his offensive system allows him to move, his height may prove to not be a problem. He moves under perfect control, feeling pressure when there while keeping eyes downfield and not panicking. He's much stockier than Griffin and already does a better job getting his body out of harms way too. And he can deliver the ball QUICKLY from all kinds of angles.

I agree with this post completely. Had an interesting stat shared with me a couple of days ago....and that is that Wilson did not have a blocked pass all season. I havent verified it myself but if it is true, that is quite impressive.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#121 : January 15, 2013, 11:51:44 PM

" I doubt you will dig this up to congratulate me in 2016 when I am proven right. "

You claimed Raheem would never miss the playoffs three years in a row. But he already went three years in a row and never finished in the top half of the division. Short of time travel, there is zero percent chance you could be proven right. Are you drunk or something?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#122 : January 15, 2013, 11:53:14 PM

Stats aren't everything, but abilities are measured in statistics. We have a QB who is nowhere near his peak. His peak is likely 4 or 5 years down the road. By next November he will own every career franchise record other than completion percentage. He's done that in what will be less than 64 games in less than ideal circumstances. Only an idiot would say he can't play any better. Put Dan Marino in the 2009 draft at the 17th pick. Would he have fared any better with Raheem Morris and the least experienced team in the league? I seriously doubt it. In what many here say is a bad year, Freeman ranked in the top 10 in the league and set franchise records in points scored and yardage. I have no doubt he will improve on all of that next season. I can't wait to see it happen. Marino might have won 11 games in 2010 and bumped the Packers out of the playoffs. He might have even won 8 games in 2011 and saved Raheem from being fired, but then we wouldn't have Schiano. I like our future with Freeman and Schiano much better. If Marino couldn't win a SB with Don Shula, he sure as hell couldn't do it with Raheem.

Top 10 in the league in what?

And now you're comparing him to Dan Marino?

1st Brees now Marino? Who's next, Brady and Montana?!

You read a lot. You just don't comprehend much. Comprehend means understand. Means is the same as. English and math are not your strong points.

You're the "dude" who keeps using great QBs in the same posts as Freeman...which is ludicrous.

Drew Brees didn't lead the Saints to the playoffs this season so there Freeman haters! Josh Freeman is much better than Mark Sanchez so there Freeman haters!

And again, what did Freeman rank in the top 10 in? TD passes and yards?! Yay!!! He also threw the 5th most INTs in the league...was 28th in the league (out of 32) in completion %, barely ahead of your boy Mark Sanchez...and was 19th in QB rating.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#123 : January 16, 2013, 01:34:05 AM

Kapernick, RG3, Luck, Wilson.....geez......Josh had a great season in his first full year as well. Yet, people are falling for it once again. The league, and in particular, defenses, adjust.

Not saying that Josh is necessarily as good as those guys , but you are right about people overreacting to one good season. Freeman looked like a future hall of famer in 2010. The league does adjust .

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Kapernick or Wilson bomb next season. I'd only be a little surprised if Luck and RGIII did.

One season? How about overreacting to one game. Did you see some of these clowns after Flynn's game last season in GB? Or pretty much any good game by a college QB? Yet they can never give a viable option for QB next season.

And I have watched Wilson, Luck and RG3 this season. Regarding Wilson, he definitely went on a tear at the end of the season but he by no means carried that team all year. Defense and running game got them there. Luck threw 18 picks; something Freeman gets slammed for. RG3 is terrific but teams will figure out the read option. Where will that leave him then. Talk about the "eye test"? How much of these guys did you lay eyes on besides the highlight clips?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#124 : January 16, 2013, 07:24:27 AM

Dude, you're terrible.

After near 6 decades of watching pro football, I am no dude.

Wow, you certainly must have learned a lot in that time. Truly, your football knowledge is beyond dispute.

I truly believe Raheem will never go 3 years in a row without making the playoffs. The Bucs will win playoff games too, not just get there and lose.

The Bucs had just missed an 11-5 season and a playoff spot by two consecutive bad calls in Detroit's end zone. I was hardly alone in what I believed. This was before anything was known about the clubbing..

The "experts" misfire on their picks all the time. I'm no expert, but I've seen enough, long enough, to come up with an educated guess. We upgraded the coaches and the team has talent and experience. The playoff run starts in 2013, though I doubt you will dig this up to congratulate me in 2016 when I am proven right.

Lol. Here comes the "refs stole the Detroit game" excuse, again. Lame. Bucs lost that game. Period. Questionable calls happen in every game. The Bucs at least had several opportunities to overcome, and they fell on their faces. They have no one to blame for that loss but themselves.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#125 : January 16, 2013, 10:34:48 AM

Dude, you're terrible.

Wow, you certainly must have learned a lot in that time. Truly, your football knowledge is beyond dispute.

I truly believe Raheem will never go 3 years in a row without making the playoffs. The Bucs will win playoff games too, not just get there and lose.

The Bucs had just missed an 11-5 season and a playoff spot by two consecutive bad calls in Detroit's end zone. I was hardly alone in what I believed. This was before anything was known about the clubbing..

The "experts" misfire on their picks all the time. I'm no expert, but I've seen enough, long enough, to come up with an educated guess. We upgraded the coaches and the team has talent and experience. The playoff run starts in 2013, though I doubt you will dig this up to congratulate me in 2016 when I am proven right.

Lol. Here comes the "refs stole the Detroit game" excuse, again. Lame. Bucs lost that game. Period. Questionable calls happen in every game. The Bucs at least had several opportunities to overcome, and they fell on their faces. They have no one to blame for that loss but themselves.

Not questionable. Atrocious is more accurate. The officials admitted they blew the calls and apologized. They don't do that on "questionable" calls.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#126 : January 16, 2013, 10:51:24 AM

Dude, you're terrible.

My grandmother, who has been watching football for 60 years, is chuckling at this.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#127 : January 16, 2013, 11:41:32 AM

Even in the face of such overwhelming evidence that he let homerism get the best of him, Sparky still can't admit he was wrong, because then he would have to face the possibility that history is repeating itself.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#128 : January 16, 2013, 11:54:47 AM

Dude, you're terrible.

Not questionable. Atrocious is more accurate. The officials admitted they blew the calls and apologized. They don't do that on "questionable" calls.

The Bucs lost that game because they were outplayed and deserved to lose.

The Bucs missed the playoffs because they didn't play well enough to qualify.

No amount of homerism that oozes from your interior will change that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#129 : January 16, 2013, 02:50:14 PM

Even in the face of such overwhelming evidence that he let homerism get the best of him, Sparky still can't admit he was wrong, because then he would have to face the possibility that history is repeating itself.

Raheem was a solution to the problem that Gruden had. There was no loyalty and no trust. Raheem bonded with the team and then went clubbing with them. Also he sucked as a HC, but more so as a DC. The collapse of 2011 made these things obvious. A few haters and racists (you know who you are) predicted failure, but were unsure after a 4-2 start. When the team quit, I did admit he was done. And before any of you trolls start in, the team did not quit on Greg Schiano this season. Between player upgrades and healthy players returning. the Bucs will be a playoff team year after year. I know you trolls hate to hear anything positive. That's tough. Suck it up.

gone

Hall of Famer
#130 : January 16, 2013, 03:59:51 PM

Raheem was a solution to the problem that Gruden had. There was no loyalty and no trust. Raheem bonded with the team and then went clubbing with them. Also he sucked as a HC, but more so as a DC. The collapse of 2011 made these things obvious. A few haters and racists (you know who you are) predicted failure, but were unsure after a 4-2 start. When the team quit, I did admit he was done. And before any of you trolls start in, the team did not quit on Greg Schiano this season. Between player upgrades and healthy players returning. the Bucs will be a playoff team year after year. I know you trolls hate to hear anything positive. That's tough. Suck it up.

Yep, everyone else is just a hater, racist or troll.  Unlike the kindhearted,objective, rational, and never insulting sparky.

: January 16, 2013, 04:01:35 PM caradoc

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#131 : January 16, 2013, 04:08:05 PM

Don't forget deliberate, selfless, pristine, considerate, and thought provoking.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#132 : January 16, 2013, 05:35:53 PM

Kapernick, RG3, Luck, Wilson.....geez......Josh had a great season in his first full year as well. Yet, people are falling for it once again. The league, and in particular, defenses, adjust.

Not saying that Josh is necessarily as good as those guys , but you are right about people overreacting to one good season. Freeman looked like a future hall of famer in 2010. The league does adjust .

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Kapernick or Wilson bomb next season. I'd only be a little surprised if Luck and RGIII did.

One season? How about overreacting to one game. Did you see some of these clowns after Flynn's game last season in GB? Or pretty much any good game by a college QB? Yet they can never give a viable option for QB next season.

And I have watched Wilson, Luck and RG3 this season. Regarding Wilson, he definitely went on a tear at the end of the season but he by no means carried that team all year. Defense and running game got them there. Luck threw 18 picks; something Freeman gets slammed for. RG3 is terrific but teams will figure out the read option. Where will that leave him then. Talk about the "eye test"? How much of these guys did you lay eyes on besides the highlight clips?

Just because it's only been one season doesn't mean I can't look at these QBs and say w/a good probability that all of them will have better careers than Josh Freeman (assuming no injuries).

I watched all 3 a lot in college and watched a good portion of their games this season.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#133 : January 16, 2013, 06:02:55 PM

Hayseed, the excuse machine, always seems to go silent when "viable options" are brought up for discussion.

If he ignores those discussions, then he gets to gripe about hope people never come up with options at QB, in future Freeman discussions.

Truth is, we all know that Freeman will be starting opening day. Most of us hope and pray that he pans out and has a long and successful career as a Buc. Unfortunately, I think that gets ignored as well. Gotta keep the strawman alive.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#134 : October 21, 2013, 04:05:29 PM

why are there still Freeman arguments?

obviously the pass defense is a huge problem, but you can't go around throwing 4 INTs a game or throw half your passes nowhere near your receiver

both have to improve

+1...and most realize that both the offense and the defense are to blame for the losses. The freepologists and freehaters are the small groups that are too dense to see that.

It's a never-ending argument. Freeman is only going to bring the team as far as it's own weakest link.

Fix the pass defense and we stand a chance with anyone behind center. Being that freeman isn't a seasoned vet like brad was when he won the Superbowl, he cannot manage the offense to wins if the defense always gives up points. Not at this stage of Freeman's game. Not yet anyway.

Just to put it into perspective. The pass defense was so bad, that even a #1 run defense couldn't gain them wins. Crying about a QB is worthless when he posts around 25+ points per game, but the pass defense allows 30+. I know the numbers aren't right, but you get the point.

No they don't.

The fact remains two elite QBs lost today. That suggests to me that football is a team sport. The Bucs' pass defense was respectable in one game. Freeman was erratic and inconsistent, but was also respectable or impressive in several games. The Bucs can win with him. They can't win consistently without a complete overhaul of the CBs. Freeman has issues but his issues can be corrected. He doesn't have to be replaced. Our starting CBs do. We have depth. We don't have starters.

I think we're talking out the same thing spark. As I've been saying the same thing to freeman haters for quite awhile now.

One of the worst pass defenses in history cannot and will not help a QB whatsoever. If that pass defense ever improved this past season, the bucs would've been in playoffs, or at least a lot closer to them. Sometimes a QB can pay well enough to cover a teams bad play, but others (most QB's) need a defense that can come up big in third down situations.

You're right. You can't reason with people who are as biased as these people clearly are. Freeman has already demonstrated he can be great, just not consistently great.

I believe Josh Freeman and this offense could win a SB with just an average defense.

Quite ironic you calling others bias meanwhile posting this garbage.

It's really too bad you are incapable of respecting a differing opinion. When anyone disagrees with you you resort to insults and slander. I rarely say this, but you are a real azzhole.

Project much?

You really like to say this about people who disagree with you.  And you resort to namecalling and insults and accusations of bias but see no bias or anything remotely foolish in comparing Schiano to Lombardi and Freeman to the best QBs in the game.

No, what you can't handle is a difference of opinion. What you can't handle is you can't come up with a valid argument or option. What you can't handle, is you know he's right. That's why you fall back to your usual slander and insults.

Your behavior reveals your lack of character and intolerance of others. You show no respect and you deserve none.

Get off your horse.

I'm a fan of the team and a fan of Josh Freeman. Attack either one unfairly and I will defend them. Freeman is not my enemy though he must be yours the way you attack him. Despite his faults he's our best option and deserves our support. You can eat crow when the Bucs are in the playoffs next year. Until then continue to suck vinegar.

U mad ?

Hey Doc...ready to be served some crow??

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools