Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama / FICA taxes: "how do you like me now?" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 16, 2013, 10:37:52 AM

The payroll tax holiday was a temporary tax cut. It also really wasn't a secret that it was due to expire.

Speak for yourself. Many people had no idea why their check was smaller and were honestly shocked.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 16, 2013, 11:44:18 AM

Well I don't miss what I never had and I never got $0.01 of FICA tax relief. It only applied to employees, not to independent contractors or employers (i.e. those that actually create jobs).  It was proposed as a "stimulus" but was really just a way to buy some votes. Let's face it, an extra $5 to $10 per week isn't going to get people buying new fridges, cars, or houses, maybe just an extra six-pack. Give that same cut to the employer's matching side and an employer with 50 employees now has enough extra to hire one more person. THAT IS JOB CREATION.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 16, 2013, 11:50:46 AM

in other Obama stimulus news....Arby's, KFC, Taco Bell and other fast food outlets are reducing all non-salaried personnel hours to under 30 hours per week verses under 40 hours. This is in preparation of next years HC mandate (Obama care) which  allows a loop hole for employees working less than 30 hours. They are doing it now to avoid an appearance of impropriety next year when the law goes into effect.

So if you work in fast food, you won't be getting any HC but you will be working 9 hours less and taking home @ $80/wk less thanks to Obamacare.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : January 16, 2013, 11:57:31 AM

Yay, Obamacare! A victory for the people!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 16, 2013, 12:22:42 PM

in other Obama stimulus news....Arby's, KFC, Taco Bell and other fast food outlets are reducing all non-salaried personnel hours to under 30 hours per week verses under 40 hours. This is in preparation of next years HC mandate (Obama care) which  allows a loop hole for employees working less than 30 hours. They are doing it now to avoid an appearance of impropriety next year when the law goes into effect.

So if you work in fast food, you won't be getting any HC but you will be working 9 hours less and taking home @ $80/wk less thanks to Obamacare.
What????? It isn't free healthcare for everyone?  The payroll tax was temporary (after over a year in effect - including an election year), what is next - the unthinkable - taxes headed towards the middle class? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 16, 2013, 12:40:42 PM

Obama's "War on the Middle Class"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 16, 2013, 01:09:55 PM

The new American mantra is:

...from each according to his inability

....to each according to his desire

and just borrow the difference

spartan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 16, 2013, 02:05:32 PM

What????? It isn't free healthcare for everyone?  The payroll tax was temporary (after over a year in effect - including an election year), what is next - the unthinkable - taxes headed towards the middle class?

Follow the money baby. That is where the money is.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 17, 2013, 11:50:02 AM

Hard to say, does anyone really know the entirety of it?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 17, 2013, 12:06:14 PM

Before, I had to pay the doctor. Now I have to pay the doctor, the government, the bum down the street killing his liver, and the unemployed fat ass shoving cheeseburgers down her gullet. What would be your predicted outcome?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 17, 2013, 12:25:37 PM

Hard to say, does anyone really know the entirety of it?

Well, therein lies the problem. No one, not even those that voted for it, supported it, or those that will execute it, knows the entirety of it let alone the unforseen consequences of it. But Barrack, Nancy, and Harry insisted that it be passed ASAP or the sky would fall. Remember Nancy's famous quote "you will have time to read it all AFTER you pass it."

smh

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 17, 2013, 01:32:45 PM

Before, I had to pay the doctor. Now I have to pay the doctor, the government, the bum down the street killing his liver, and the unemployed fat ass shoving cheeseburgers down her gullet. What would be your predicted outcome?

It would be one thing if doing that actually helped anything but does it?? In the grand scheme of things does it??

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 17, 2013, 03:39:07 PM

You've always had to pay for other people, but you just didn't realize it.  That's been the broken-down, overpriced American health care system for decades.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 17, 2013, 08:19:33 PM

The Social Security Program doesn't pay for itself.

Besides, it has always been known that the decrease was a temporary payroll tax holiday used to stimulate the economy.

No, it doesn't pay for itself. It steals from you to pay for someone else and eventually that pyramid is coming down. I wish to god I could opt out of the program instead of flushing away so much money.

Me too , Dal.

Real retirement programs do pay for themselves , because your money gets saved and invested , not spent . Ponzi schemes like Social Security ? Not so much.

Biggest scam going , and the brain-dead zombies in this country not only tolerate it , they demand it .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 17, 2013, 09:02:07 PM

Me too , Dal.

Real retirement programs do pay for themselves , because your money gets saved and invested , not spent . Ponzi schemes like Social Security ? Not so much.

Biggest scam going , and the brain-dead zombies in this country not only tolerate it , they demand it .

Well they think it is "secure" in fact SS is far riskier now than any retirement plan...and for that risk it gives you a stunningly low rate of return. There is no 40, 45, or 50 year period where just your basic index stocks haven't given a bigger ROI than SS - and that includes periods using 1929 or the most recent market crash.

The worst thing about listening to statists defend SS is that it hurts the poor and minorities disproportionately since they tend to die earlier and thus not fully recoup their "investment" so that all gets flushed away.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama / FICA taxes: "how do you like me now?" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools