Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama / FICA taxes: "how do you like me now?" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#165 : February 04, 2013, 10:16:06 AM

There are many issues to why Social Security is going belly up, but one of the main reasons is not the fault of anyone other than the fact that there are more people and more people living longer. We have more people on Soc Sec now than at any time in the past. They paid into until they were supposed to retire. Much of that money was supposed to last so long but with people living even longer these days...they are now taking more money from the pot than was originally intended. This is why they keep trying to raise the retirement age. Again...there are many more issues but I believe this is a big one.

The post war baby boom masked a lot of the problems with SS but with the baby busters now on the hooker for the baby boomers and their longer lifespans there are problems. This is a fundamental issue with the program.

The reason this is a problem is that SS was never really your money. I know it is sold as money you worked for, you paid in and now you get back but getting back is wholly lifespan dependent. If you die young enough you get nada basically. If you live long enough you will get grossly exaggerated rates of returns. What makes this particularly criminal is that the higher your income and education levels on average the longer your lifespan so SS does a nice job of transferring money from poor people to rich people over time.

The problem with trying to keep raising the retirement age is that you need older workers to cycle out of the system to create openings for new workers and to allow existing works a path upwards. The higher the retirement age moves the more stagnant the job market becomes and the worse income growth gets.  SS is the worst of so many worlds in terms of what it earns for you but also what it does to the economy and what is done to the economy on its behalf. 

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#166 : February 04, 2013, 05:02:03 PM

Extremists tend to view the world through a black and white lens.

U Mad

For making you look stupid for the 100th time? No , not at all , but thanks for your concern.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#167 : February 06, 2013, 10:26:26 AM

Extremists tend to view the world through a black and white lens.

U Mad

For making you look stupid for the 100th time? No , not at all , but thanks for your concern.

LOL! You didn't make me look like anything other than what I am. Far smarter than you. Now, do you prefer il Duce' or der Fuehrer?

I know which one von Mises preferred!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#168 : February 06, 2013, 07:37:16 PM

...and the black hole spins on .  LOL , what a colossal idiot.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#169 : February 06, 2013, 07:49:56 PM

I've got a cheetah named Von Mises. He is one fat bastard.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#170 : February 06, 2013, 08:29:42 PM

LOL. Is the cheetah a fan of Von Mises , or is he a supporter ?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#171 : February 06, 2013, 10:05:45 PM

Here's where spartan sticks up for me the same way he did Illuminator when I crossed threads and ribbed him about his remarks, thus proving that it wasn't just him attacking me because he agrees with Luminous and Delirious, and it actually was just because I used the same line in multiple threads. Here it comes.........I know it.........I know you got my back buddy.......any time now.......

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#172 : February 06, 2013, 10:06:35 PM

LOL. Is the cheetah a fan of Von Mises , or is he a supporter ?

Not sure, but he's probably a fascist.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#173 : February 06, 2013, 10:17:31 PM

Well yeah, he's the fascist land animal.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#174 : February 06, 2013, 10:41:09 PM

Here's where spartan sticks up for me the same way he did Illuminator when I crossed threads and ribbed him about his remarks, thus proving that it wasn't just him attacking me because he agrees with Luminous and Delirious, and it actually was just because I used the same line in multiple threads. Here it comes.........I know it.........I know you got my back buddy.......any time now.......

I might, once I figure out what the point is you're trying to prove.

Right now I am just seeing a bunch of folks poking their tongue out at each other. Not worth defending on either side truth be known. Now once the conversation get's back on track into the grown up world, it might be easier to do.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#175 : February 06, 2013, 10:56:41 PM

Well yeah, he's the fascist land animal.

Nice.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#176 : February 06, 2013, 11:33:09 PM

I might, once I figure out what the point is you're trying to prove.

Right now I am just seeing a bunch of folks poking their tongue out at each other. Not worth defending on either side truth be known. Now once the conversation get's back on track into the grown up world, it might be easier to do.

Let's see...

Dems bashed the NRA's plan and then Obama included it as an option in his own plan. Now the semantics spin machine is running at full speed, CBW style, so they don't have to admit that the plan had merit and they were mindlessly bashing it 'cause they didn't like the source.

Dems oppose resource officers in schools, except for the ones that don't. Don't you dare lecture me on the Dems, you f-ing poser!

When my 8 year old comes up with something clever or funny, she says it again, and again, and again, and again .....

Then I have to tell her that nobody is listening anymore because it got boring.

Coming back to the same topic time and time and time again is borderline psychosis.

I wonder how many times and in how many threads the "fan vs. supporter" comment has been made, and why it didn't garner a similar reaction from you? Actually, that's not true. I'm not wondering that at all. I already know why.
: February 06, 2013, 11:35:36 PM CBWx2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#177 : February 07, 2013, 07:41:18 AM

poor cbw, everyone is picking on him and nobody is sticking up for him ..... wah

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#178 : February 07, 2013, 07:47:51 AM

poor cbw, everyone is picking on him and nobody is sticking up for him ..... wah

olaf missed the point. Anyone else surprised?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#179 : February 07, 2013, 07:49:45 AM

I think the difference is : you've said some things that are so unforgettably stupid and hillarious that they live on and create a life of thier own.

You losing the cheetah debate by not even knowing the meaning of the word "fraternal", simply doesn't create the same feeling of epic failure against Illum. If anything it adds to your mystique as the biggest idiot to ever grace these boards. 

Thanks for reminding us , Comrade.  Now I leave you to go back to begging Spartan for help.

Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama / FICA taxes: "how do you like me now?" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools