Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow deserved better from the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 15, 2013, 03:11:05 PM

His so-called religious beliefs are manufactured.

He wants to be in the limelight and wants to make money. Not to say there is anything wrong with that, but the guy has been using his religion to help promote himself and that's not what the religion is about. Modesty is also a value the Christians are supposed to have, right along with humility.

Point being, he knows if he is in the limelight long enough, he can move on to anchorman or maybe even a politician once his career is over. It says alot that a ex-drunkerd elway, who is now also a Christian, thought little of tebow. Take what you will from that.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 15, 2013, 03:14:31 PM

The prayer pose and the virginity crap is fine in church, and I have no problem when people pray when a player is injured. I pay to see football. I have no interest in religion at all and I resent it when people interrupt my entertainment to testify about their beliefs. It just reminds me that there is ignorance and superstition at the highest levels of every society in the world. We can talk to people any place on the planet, but we can't communicate with our next door neighbors. In this modern age thousands and thousands are murdered and persecuted every year. We could have the best schools and the best health care on the planet if we didn't have to waste our young people and our tax dollars fighting a war with no end. I pay to be distracted from all this for three hours on a Sunday afternoon. There are many players who have deep religious convictions who keep them in their proper place. Tebow should follow their example. Steve Young is a devout Morman. He's one of my all time favorites. Great player. Great guy. Tebow stinks. Denver's defense carried him, but only so far. Peyton Manning is near the end of his career. Elway knew Tebow would never develop into a starting caliber NFL QB. Even with Peyton's health concerns, Elway didn't want Tebow back for another season. Tebow has made his money. Stolen might be a better word. I don't feel sorry for him. He's not a player. He's a carnival sideshow.

So much hate from a guy who is always so distressed that others "can't handle a difference of opinion" that he invariably resorts to name-calling.

Prime example of a failure to communicate. All right moron, point out exactly where I called Tebow any names. Carnival sideshow is not a name. It simply indicates he is a distraction from the game.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 15, 2013, 03:15:07 PM

Tebow's religious beliefs have never bothered me. He's just a terrible player and a bad teammate.

They never did for me either. Actually I think hes a good guy and could be a solid NFL player but not right now. Hes got much work to do to be that. Hes very unlikely to get that time though. My problem was always him getting too much hype. He never deserved that but a lot of that he brought on himself. He didnt have to take the limelight right away but it meant $$$ to him and if your gonna get that in todays world economy I cant fault him for that, but that still doesnt/shouldnt mean that he deserves to be an NFL starter right now. If anything it means he knew how to get paid without having to be much of anything in the NFL. He should probably just retire and do a church preaching show on Sundays before the games. Im sure he would get ratings.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 15, 2013, 03:17:37 PM

Tebow's religious beliefs have never bothered me. He's just a terrible player and a bad teammate.

They never did for me either. Actually I think hes a good guy and could be a solid NFL player but not right now. Hes got much work to do to be that. Hes very unlikely to get that time though. My problem was always him getting too much hype. He never deserved that but a lot of that he brought on himself. He didnt have to take the limelight right away but it meant $$$ to him and if your gonna get that in todays world economy I cant fault him for that, but that still doesnt/shouldnt mean that he deserves to be an NFL starter right now. If anything it means he knew how to get paid without having to be much of anything in the NFL. He should probably just retire and do a church preaching show on Sundays before the games. Im sure he would get ratings.

Hope you don't mean at the QB position.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : January 15, 2013, 03:17:39 PM

What I take from it is that you speculate wildly, misinterpreting your own opinions as facts.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 15, 2013, 03:32:11 PM

I think right opportunity, right coaching he could be solid nfl QB. Problem is he will never get that. It should have been the way it was handled from the start but thats the nfl. I dont feel sorry for him about that. He did make himself plenty of money.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 15, 2013, 03:42:26 PM

What I take from it is that you speculate wildly, misinterpreting your own opinions as facts.
On a message board?  On the internet?  Inconceivable!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 15, 2013, 08:24:43 PM

I think right opportunity, right coaching he could be solid nfl QB. Problem is he will never get that. It should have been the way it was handled from the start but thats the nfl. I dont feel sorry for him about that. He did make himself plenty of money.

Have to disagree, that throwing motion is bizarre.  He could probably find a niche on a team, but not as a QB.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 15, 2013, 08:27:37 PM

Have to disagree, that throwing motion is bizarre.  He could probably find a niche on a team, but not as a QB.

Well it seems that half the board here thinks Freeman can improve his touch and accuracy, why can't Timmah?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 15, 2013, 08:32:45 PM

Well it seems that half the board here thinks Freeman can improve his touch and accuracy, why can't Timmah?

It takes Tebow a long time to throw the ball, that windup is downright ugly.  At least Freeman can deliver the ball, where it is going is another story.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 15, 2013, 08:40:14 PM

It takes Tebow a long time to throw the ball, that windup is downright ugly.  At least Freeman can deliver the ball, where it is going is another story.

That was snark.  Timmy is never gonna change that thing he calls a "throwing motion".

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 15, 2013, 08:44:17 PM

That was snark.  Timmy is never gonna change that thing he calls a "throwing motion".

Never understood why he doesn't switch positions.  Whats the big deal.  He could have a nice career as a TE or whatever.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 15, 2013, 10:12:51 PM

Tebow was definitely used and abused by Broncos and even worse by Jets......its a shame.  ITs life.  But it sucks.  Soon he'll run for president....that'll show them.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 15, 2013, 10:15:42 PM

Not sure would want The Circus on their team.

Only two teams I can think of make sense, and that is ironically the Bucs and Jacksonville.  He goes to Tampa, and he will be forgotten.  Nobody in Tampa gets pub. :P

I am hearing some rumors of him going to Arizona.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#44 : January 15, 2013, 11:06:16 PM

Don't we play the Cards next year?  If so, I hope they take Tebow.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow deserved better from the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools