Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS JACKSON TO REPLACE JOHNSON IN THE PRO BOWL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: January 15, 2013, 01:35:48 PM

The National Football League announced today that Tampa Bay WR Vincent Jackson has been added to the NFC Pro Bowl roster, replacing Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8706
: January 15, 2013, 01:49:36 PM PewterReportMC

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 15, 2013, 02:59:32 PM

He should have been there is the first place. Good for him.

Congrats jvax.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2 : January 15, 2013, 03:00:56 PM

I hope Doug makes it also

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 15, 2013, 04:37:52 PM

Good news!

Touchdown Mike's going to make it next year.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 15, 2013, 04:39:54 PM

Quote from: Benchwarmer#1
He should have been there is the first place. Good for him.

Congrats jvax.

Amen.

Really changed our offense this season, great player.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : January 15, 2013, 04:48:55 PM

Dear Vince-
Please don't pull a Robert Edwards on us.
Signed,
Season Ticket Holders

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 15, 2013, 05:47:51 PM

Again, I want lots of guys selected to the pro bowl and for none of them to play in the game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 15, 2013, 05:55:56 PM

I never understood why being an alternative is considered making it to the pro bowl. Not trying to be a jerk, but VJax didn't make the pro bowl. Nice that he was a runner up and now gets a free trip to Hawaii, but he didn't actually make the pro bowl. I just don't get why going as an alternate is equated to actually being voted to the Pro Bowl. It's not the same thing....yet people will now claim that VJax made the Pro Bowl in 2012.

It's not VJax in particular. I've just always had a pet peeve about it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 15, 2013, 06:01:07 PM

He deserves it though. At least that's better than some that actually make the roster to begin with. I know what you mean though Jdub.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 15, 2013, 06:02:26 PM

Popular vote means nothing.  Ask guys like Saturday.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 15, 2013, 06:02:49 PM

I never understood why being an alternative is considered making it to the pro bowl. Not trying to be a jerk, but VJax didn't make the pro bowl. Nice that he was a runner up and now gets a free trip to Hawaii, but he didn't actually make the pro bowl. I just don't get why going as an alternate is equated to actually being voted to the Pro Bowl. It's not the same thing....yet people will now claim that VJax made the Pro Bowl in 2012.

It's not VJax in particular. I've just always had a pet peeve about it.

I agree too. If you are an alternate you are not a pro bowler. . They've had years where enough people back out that the actual pro bowler is a barely deserving player. Vjax had a pro bowl type season don't get me wrong in saying that but plenty of people (Davin) have backdoored their way into the pro bowl.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 15, 2013, 06:05:44 PM

Yea and some make the pro bowl just because of who they are. They don't even need to have a good season. The game is just crap to begin with.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 15, 2013, 06:07:28 PM

Exactly Dal. People always pull up the fact that Davin made the Pro Bowl when it suits their argument, and I wanna scream NO HE DIDN'T!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 15, 2013, 06:08:07 PM

I hope Doug gets in though just because he should have made it over Gore in the first place and because this might be the last Pro Bowl.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 15, 2013, 08:42:06 PM

Dear Vince-
Please don't pull a Robert Edwards on us.
Signed,
Season Ticket Holders

I don't believe they do that stuff anymore.  Running in sand or whatever the hell it was. I have always said, name the team, but don't play the game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS JACKSON TO REPLACE JOHNSON IN THE PRO BOWL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools