Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs hire WR Coach: John Garrett « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #30 : January 20, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

doesn't have a work ethic

Schiano would take care of that, if its even true.

Like he did with Winslow?

Bad comparison.   I follow the whole league pretty closely.  And I can honestly say I have never heard a bad thing about Martelious.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #31 : January 20, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »

Exactly sign him to a one year deal to see if it's a fit for both parties.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 20, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »

From what I saw he was a nice part to the Giants offense.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #33 : January 20, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »

Bad comparison.   I follow the whole league pretty closely.  And I can honestly say I have never heard a bad thing about Martelious.

Yea..he's not a locker room cancer. He just did a few childish things while at Dallas and posted a few questionable youtube vids. He would be a good teammate. He is just a big kid who likes attention.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 20, 2013, 08:42:21 PM »

He drops tons of passes

He had 6 drops.  Graham dropped 15, Hernandez dropped 10, Gresham dropped 8, and Gronk dropped 7.  He doesn't drop "a ton" of passes.

Apparently he only drops easy TD passes when I happen to be watching the game . In that case he definitely doesn't want to sign with the Buccaneers.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #35 : January 21, 2013, 01:18:19 AM »

Yea..he's not a locker room cancer. He just did a few childish things while at Dallas and posted a few questionable youtube vids. He would be a good teammate. He is just a big kid who likes attention.

And that was a couple years ago.  People grow, well some people grow, some not.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #36 : January 21, 2013, 11:28:40 AM »

Late in 2012, Greg Schiano starting wearing a black, rubber-looking bracelet with the word “Family” on it, so it seems fitting that a family tie appears to have brought new Bucs wide receivers coach John Garrett from the Cowboys to Tampa Bay.

Charean Williams, of the Fort-Worth Star Telegram, caught up to Garrett, who explained that the leader of the New Schiano Order had a relationship with his dad.

Garrett’s tie to Schiano is his father. Jim Garrett was a long-time NFL scout whose path crossed several times with Schiano while Schiano was in the college ranks.

Interestingly, it seems Vincent Jackson was involved in the interview process.

“Vincent Jackson is a fantastic player and from what I hear and what I saw when I had the interview, he is arguably a better person,” Garrett said. “All the coaches there think he’s an outstanding leader, a fantastic worker. He loves to be coached and loves football. They had a lot of comparisons to this is our [Jason] Witten, how he just loves it and as a star player sets the tone and pace for how to work and prepare. I got a chance to visit with him in the course of the interview and that’s exactly the case. I developed a good rapport, and I’m looking forward to working with such a talented guy.”

Joe’s pleased to read about the budding relationship with Jackson and Garrett, and it was a savvy move by the Bucs to get their $11 million receiver involved early. It’s also pretty damn cool that Jackson was sizing up a potential coach during his time off.
Joe wonders whether Josh Freeman had a similar impact on the John McNulty hire as quarterbacks coach, or whether Freeman learned of the hire like the rest of us.http://www.joebucsfan.com/

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #37 : January 21, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »

They should see if #83 wants to join them in the war room in late April if they decide to take a player who could potentially be throwing the ball his way after next season. His insight would be valuable in that process, as well.
« : January 21, 2013, 11:11:15 PM chace1986 »

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #38 : January 21, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »

They should see if #83 wants to join them in the war room in late April is they decide to take a player who could potentially be throwing the ball his way after next season. His insight would be valuable in that process, as well.

Could be an all defensive draft.   Hopefully.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #39 : January 21, 2013, 09:38:05 PM »

They should see if #83 wants to join them in the war room in late April is they decide to take a player who could potentially be throwing the ball his way after next season. His insight would be valuable in that process, as well.
If only...
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs hire WR Coach: John Garrett « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools