Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper Draft Version 1.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

StashGraham

Rookie
: January 16, 2013, 11:46:39 AM

Bucs select Alec Olgetree, LB from Georgia.

Goodness my thoughts are so scattered on this... We need DB help however LB could be needed if Quicy is let go.

David ---- Foster ---- Olgetree

is pretty attractive

PewterG@tor

Starter
#1 : January 16, 2013, 12:07:17 PM

Ummm....no

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 16, 2013, 12:13:44 PM

any mock that as us selecting anything other than a pass rusher or a corner in the first is absolute garbage IMO.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#3 : January 16, 2013, 12:19:25 PM

any mock that as us selecting anything other than a pass rusher or a corner in the first is absolute garbage IMO.

Agreed.  Cannot get on board with the selection of any LB or TE in round 1.  DT, DE, or CB.  G would be ok but only if it's Chance Warmack

acacius

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 16, 2013, 12:20:00 PM

That's a really interesting mock draft.  I think there's a fair bit of throwing names out to engender discussion while it's still early enough to do so without looking too silly in it.  But things like having Ball and Watson go in the first are still pretty bold selections.

As far as the Bucs' pick goes, yeah that would be a surprise.  But in fairness, Ogletree has some chops as a pass-rushing linebacker.  He could conceivably be the sort of player that Raheem clearly always dreamed that Quincy Black was.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#5 : January 16, 2013, 12:54:14 PM

Ogletree is a very, very talented LB. Fast player that hits hard. Probably has a higher ceiling than T'eo.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 16, 2013, 12:58:53 PM

Love what I've read about his onfield play. Hate what I've read about his off field play. Doubt schiano will be a fan either.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 16, 2013, 01:28:26 PM

Jarvis Jones maybe.. Ogle tree, no. He's a pure LB not a pass rusher.  I mean I'd love to upgrade Foster but that isn't an R1 value upgrade.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 16, 2013, 01:28:26 PM

I say we go BPA if we have another strong FA period. Keep building the talent and depth of the team.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 16, 2013, 01:30:42 PM

That means at least one upper tier corner in FA I hope.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#10 : January 16, 2013, 01:45:46 PM

as much as we need a corner the talent for the first round isn't that good unless your looking at Milliner early or Rhodes or Banks later, unless we trade up for Milliner which is possible or move down for Rhodes or Banks I can see us going with a pass rusher or possibly trade down for a Tight End such as Eifert, corner is very deep and we can get good corners in round 2 such as Ryan, Poyer, and if Rhodes falls along with others

Mateen

Starter

#11 : January 16, 2013, 01:52:55 PM

Lol this is just Mel Kiper trolling us with his first "mock draft"...he will make "improvements" as time goes on this is just to create buzz to get people to subscribe to his insider.

We are not taking Ogletree with our pick. It will be a pass rusher, or Milliner/Banks.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 16, 2013, 01:55:16 PM

For the most part I agree with you. I don't think there's a super stud elite DE or CB in this draft that is a lock for the top 5. Milliner is the closest thing at CB and he's in the 5-10 range. There are a bunch of CBs that fall in the 15-32 and 2nd round range. This draft (while not having many super stud DEs) has a lot of depth and guys that will be available at our pick and in the 2nd round. A lot will depend on free agency too. If the Bucs can land a DE and CB in free agency...then I'd be willing to let us look elsewhere with that first pick...but I'd still want a CB in at least round 2.

With that said...if Milliner slips to us...he has to be the pick. If he's gone...I wouldn't reach for another CB at that pick. I'd either take a DE, best player available, or trade down. Ezekiel Ansah is a DE that intrigues me but he's very much a high ceiling/bust kind of guy. He reminds me of JPP. The other DEs in this 1st round just don't wow me and I don't know if any of them are better than what we got (especially if we resign Bennett).

Bottom line is we need to come out of free agency and the draft with at least 1 CB free agent, 1 DE (free agent or draft), and one drafted CB. I'd also like to see us draft a TE maybe in the 2nd round or trade up for one of the better TEs. If we could get into the late 1st round and get Eifert from ND...that would be amazing (that's assuming we go CB with our first pick). If we don't go CB with the first pick...the 2nd pick has to be a CB.

: January 16, 2013, 02:02:34 PM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 16, 2013, 02:09:48 PM

Love what I've read about his onfield play. Hate what I've read about his off field play. Doubt schiano will be a fan either.

Exactly. This dude will never, ever, ever be a Buccaneer as long as Schiano is head coach. Anybody that has us picking anybody with character issues like that obviously knows nothing about us at this current time. The only player with character issues that I could see us taking a chance on would be MAYBE the Honey Badger. And that's only because his position is a huge need and he could be had a lot later in the draft.

Over the years with Schiano we're probably going to regret not drafting some of these guys with character issues. I already regret not taking a chance on Burfict last year.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 16, 2013, 02:27:41 PM

I'd either take a DE, best player available, or trade down. Ezekiel Ansah is a DE that intrigues me but he's very much a high ceiling/bust kind of guy. He reminds me of JPP. The other DEs in this 1st round just don't wow me and I don't know if any of them are better than what we got (especially if we resign Bennett).

ansah doesnt remind me of JPP at all. tank carradine from FSU is so much like JPP its scary. similar build, similar background, similar playing style minus the knee injury. ansah doesnt really compare to anyone that i can think of which scares me. i dont like him anywhere near eanough to take him in the 1st. hes got a high bust potential, but theres also a high reward potential. i dont like him because hes not a safe pick. hes raw but i dont know if id throw him into the ocean in his first season. im a production guy and he just doesnt have it at this point. somebody will gamble and maybe win big or lose big. i just hope its not us
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper Draft Version 1.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools