Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper Draft Version 1.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 16, 2013, 02:40:33 PM

To give some perspective...here is Kiper's 1.0 mock from last year.

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck
2. St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon
3. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil
4. Cleveland Browns - RG3
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Trent Richardson
6. Washington Redskins - Morris Claiborne
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quinton Couples
8. Carolina Panthers - Dre Kirkpatrick
9. Miami Dolphins - Riley Reiff
10. Buffalo Bills - Courtney Upshaw
11. Kansas City Chiefs - Devon Still
12. Seattle Seahawks - Melvin Ingram
13. Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Martin
14. Dallas Cowboys - David DeCastro
15. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Kuechly
16. New York Jets - Mark Barron
17. Cincinnati Bengals - Alfonzo Dennard
18. San Diego Chargers - Cordy Glenn
19. Chicago Bears - Michael Floyd
20. Tennessee Titans - Nick Perry
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Lamar Miller
22. Cleveland Browns - Kendall Wright
23. Detroit Lions - Zach Brown
24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dontari Poe
25. Denver Broncos - Fletcher Cox
26. Houston Texans - Mohamed Sanu
27. New England Patriots - Michael Brockers
28. Green Bay Packers - Whitney Mercilus
29. New York Giants - Zerbie Sanders
30. Baltimore Ravens - Vontaze Burfict
31. San Francisco 49ers - Alshon Jeffery
32. New England Patriots - Andre Branch

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 16, 2013, 03:13:46 PM

any mock that as us selecting anything other than a pass rusher or a corner in the first is absolute garbage IMO.

I'd either take a DE, best player available, or trade down. Ezekiel Ansah is a DE that intrigues me but he's very much a high ceiling/bust kind of guy. He reminds me of JPP. The other DEs in this 1st round just don't wow me and I don't know if any of them are better than what we got (especially if we resign Bennett).

ansah doesnt remind me of JPP at all. tank carradine from FSU is so much like JPP its scary. similar build, similar background, similar playing style minus the knee injury. ansah doesnt really compare to anyone that i can think of which scares me. i dont like him anywhere near eanough to take him in the 1st. hes got a high bust potential, but theres also a high reward potential. i dont like him because hes not a safe pick. hes raw but i dont know if id throw him into the ocean in his first season. im a production guy and he just doesnt have it at this point. somebody will gamble and maybe win big or lose big. i just hope its not us

I agree with you actually. I just think most the DEs in this draft have a higher chance for a bust. There's no JJ Watt or Mario Williams this year (granted Williams was taken #1 overall I believe). Most of these DEs all have issues. Ansah intrigues me and I like his upside. Typically I stay away from those that are workout warriors and go with production but there aren't really any DEs that have had great production over more than just 1 year. I guess more info will come out as we get closer but none of the DEs excite me at all.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 16, 2013, 03:20:20 PM

Ogletree is a very, very talented LB. Fast player that hits hard. Probably has a higher ceiling than T'eo.

Unless he can play corner, we can improve our team more other selections.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

McCoy93

Starter

#18 : January 16, 2013, 03:33:35 PM

Its a january mock. Some surprising names on that mock but i assume kiper expect their stock to rise

-ts

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 16, 2013, 05:40:32 PM

I wouldn't take a LB to play strong side before the 4th round. Seeing as they will be on the field maybe 25-35% of the time during defensive snaps.

Even then I think we would be better suited grabbing a cheap vet or just letting Watson and Hayward battle it out.

At least Watson could be used differently and be on the field in nickel and dime packages in different roles.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 16, 2013, 06:10:18 PM

any mock that as us selecting anything other than a pass rusher or a corner in the first is absolute garbage IMO.

LOL what if there isn't a pass rusher or CB worth of being picked 13?

Draft for need!!! SMH

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 16, 2013, 06:15:17 PM

Draft for need!!! SMH

simple, trade back

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#22 : January 16, 2013, 06:17:14 PM

Jarvis Jones maybe.. Ogle tree, no. He's a pure LB not a pass rusher.  I mean I'd love to upgrade Foster but that isn't an R1 value upgrade.
^

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 16, 2013, 06:21:39 PM

Draft for need!!! SMH

simple, trade back

Which makes a lot more sense than to reach for someone just because they are a pass rusher or CB.

McCoy93

Starter

#24 : January 16, 2013, 08:15:32 PM

I hope we don't reach for a corner just to fill a "need". It really hasn't worked out for us in the past. Bucs should fill the corner need through a dual situation free agency and draft.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 16, 2013, 08:37:34 PM

If they drafted tomorrow, i wouldn't even call or consider Rhodes a reach. A lot of people have him ranked in the top 20 in prospect rankings. Just depends on what is there when we pick.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

CptSwaggARR

Second String
#26 : January 16, 2013, 09:56:14 PM

Olgetree would play ilb, Foster to SLB David WLB, I wouldn't have a problem with him at 13 or Mingo or Jordan, 3 play making athletic freaks with huge huge upside..then Rhodes or Logan Ryan in rd 2.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 16, 2013, 10:06:43 PM

Kiper is good for entertainment value.  If he was 100% he would be a GM somewhere.  Even the guys that get big money, the GM's, are not exactly infallible.

I take all the mocks with a grain of salt.  There interesting, but don't amount to a hill of beans until free agency happens on the afternoon of March 12th.   That will change everything.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : January 16, 2013, 10:57:18 PM

Ogletree would be a good upgrade from Foster.     Black-Ogletree-David would be a good set of linebackers.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 16, 2013, 11:23:03 PM

Ogletree would be a good upgrade from Foster.     Black-Ogletree-David would be a good set of linebackers.

We have seen your talent evaluations.  Not good.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper Draft Version 1.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools