Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the Falcons in the NFC Championship game... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

: January 16, 2013, 04:54:02 PM

It got me to thinking, how far is this Bucs team from being in that same position? I am really down having to watch those clowns win.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : January 16, 2013, 04:55:46 PM

I think we're very far off that level (NFC Conference Championship).

We're close to being at the Bengals/Vikings (first round loss) level.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 16, 2013, 05:01:15 PM

I dont think were that far off. They do need to get that challenge/experience of getting in first and winning that first game before we can really say how close they are. I do think they can do it if they have a strong offseason (FA/Draft) and fix their mistakes from last season. Lets take it one step at a time though.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 16, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

I think we're very far off that level (NFC Conference Championship).

We're close to being at the Bengals/Vikings (first round loss) level.

right now id take that level. gotta get to the 1 and done, aka the Falcons level, before you can get to the NFC champ level.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 16, 2013, 09:04:58 PM

The Falcons are a perennial playoff team since hiring Mike Smith.    Smith made the playoffs his first season after the team was horrible the year before.    Schiano didn't sniff the playoffs with more talent than Smith had his first season.   then again, the Falcons do have a franchise QB...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 16, 2013, 09:10:31 PM

The Falcons are a perennial playoff team since hiring Mike Smith.    Smith made the playoffs his first season after the team was horrible the year before.    Schiano didn't sniff the playoffs with more talent than Smith had his first season.   then again, the Falcons do have a franchise QB...

You must have missed the Seattle/ Atlanta playoff game last week.   Smith did everything but gift wrap the game for Seattle.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 16, 2013, 09:15:43 PM

I watched the Falcons victory at the North Tampa Hooters.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 16, 2013, 09:17:06 PM

What's that got to do with Mike Smith trying to give the game away.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 16, 2013, 09:18:50 PM

You must have missed the Seattle/ Atlanta playoff game last week.   

wrong, my son

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 16, 2013, 09:19:57 PM

You must have missed the Seattle/ Atlanta playoff game last week.   

wrong, my son

If you watched it you wouldn't be giving Mike Smith props.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 16, 2013, 09:23:56 PM

Were you wearing your Ruud jersey or your Tebow jersey?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 16, 2013, 09:24:27 PM

Smith is a genius for bringing Ryan to the Falcons.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 16, 2013, 09:25:04 PM

Were you wearing your Ruud jersey or your Tebow jersey?

Matty Ice.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 16, 2013, 09:32:27 PM

Falcons are good. They deserve to be there, to be where they are. I have always said, "Better lucky than good."

They are lucky. Flat out.

But they are good as well. Their wideouts are flat out animals. White is one of the toughest WRs in the league. Jones is just a freak. Good team.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them win the Superbowl. Would upset me, for gambling reasons, but not surprise me.
: January 16, 2013, 09:34:05 PM Boid Fink

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 16, 2013, 09:42:29 PM

Then Gruden did a lousy job not beating them!
If Smith is better than Schiano and early Smith beat Gruden, it doesn't say much about Gruden.
Or........You are wrong.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the Falcons in the NFC Championship game... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools