Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman, Then and Now « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 17, 2013, 01:21:44 AM

Well....the QB's in the playoffs right now had some rough times in college also.  But now their balllin, so hopefully Freeman takes it up a notch next season.  Although time is running out on him.

It wasn't about the "rough times".  Or the critiques themselves, we've been over those a million times here.  What was interesting is that you could have written the same article about his 4 years as a pro and not changed a damn thing.

This list:

1) Questionable touch on short throws? Check. 
2) Questionable leadership? Check. 
3) Great stats one week then horrific the next? Check. 
4) Good against cupcakes but wilts against competition? Check. 
5) Crappy coaching as possible excuse? Check. 
6) Multiple QB coaches (OC's) as possible excuse? Check. 
7) OL that didn't protect him his first season with the team? Check. 
8 ) Happy feet/panic? Check. 
9) Forcing throws? Check.
10) Late season collapses? Check

Every single one of those things on that list is something we are talking about with the guy right now, and every one of them were being talked about in the article I linked and quoted.   The point isn't that he sucks, it that his college career is freakishly parallel to his pro career.  Not just in details, but in results and in patterns.

Your right, can't argue any of it.  But I will hold out hope the light comes on this offseason, and he reports back to camp a new man.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 17, 2013, 01:28:23 AM

Nice find.

Although he didn't have much of anything to work with at KSU, it is concerning that he is still struggling with the same issues that plagued him in college.

He still can improve, sure....but how much? This really could be a "he is what he is" situation.

Without a doubt, next year he will be working with the most talented offense he has ever worked with. He should also have an improved defense taking the field after one of his boneheaded turnovers...I kid...but seriously, it should be better.

Next year is definitely a put up, or see ya situation

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 17, 2013, 01:30:30 AM

Nice find.

Although he didn't have much of anything to work with at KSU, it is concerning that he is still struggling with the same issues that plagued him in college.

He still can improve, sure....but how much? This really could be a "he is what he is" situation.

Without a doubt, next year he will be working with the most talented offense he has ever worked with. He should also have an improved defense taking the field after one of his boneheaded turnovers...I kid...but seriously, it should be better.

Agree, and I think everyone knows that, including Freeman.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 17, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

Absolutely right. The Bucs should always be developing another QB as back up but also for trade value.  I would not be surprised to see one picked in the draft.

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 17, 2013, 03:41:04 PM

Absolutely right. The Bucs should always be developing another QB as back up but also for trade value.  I would not be surprised to see one picked in the draft.

This is something New England always seems to be doing, constantly trying to find the guy they need for when Brady is out, whether from injury or retirement.  Hopefully Rutgers takes a hint on this one.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 17, 2013, 03:57:20 PM

It sounded like he did when he said he wanted competition for Josh. I expect it to happen. I just hope Free gets going. It would be great for the franchise to have the QB position figured out. We all know their luck at that position.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 17, 2013, 04:38:23 PM

Stick a fork in Tebow.   His NFL career is done.
I agree.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 17, 2013, 04:42:55 PM

I'll say it again, the most important thing a young QB can get in the NFL is stability.  Having an offensive minded head coach is the biggest step in that direction.  It's something this team has failed to do TWICE now and it's going to be a problem going forward.  Let's say that things go well for Freeman and he improves.  Odds are that a big reason will be Sullivan and he most likely will get an HC job after next season.  What also will happen is a new OC and a new system that Freeman will have to learn and boom... we're back to 2011 Josh Freeman again.  As long as Freeman is here, it'll be a roller coaster ride and we'll never be good enough to be contenders.  I'm almost hoping that this team just totally bombs and wins 3 games next year.  Then, everyone... Dominik, Freeman, and Schiano would be gone and we'll get a new regime in here that understands that offense wins games in the NFL right now.  That's why most HC's being hired right now are offensive guys.  Because I can't root for failure, I just hope something really "clicks" and stays on.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 17, 2013, 09:59:52 PM

If Geno Smith somehow falls to us at #13. Wonder would if Schiano would wanna draft him.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 17, 2013, 10:28:55 PM

I agree we'll be drafting or signing a FA QB. Schiano has shown us many times he says exactly what he means, and means exactly what he says.
    If we'd had a QB with a reasonable chance of winning behind Josh, I'm sure he'd have seen action in a few of Josh's clunkers last season. I just don't think Schiano wants to wait yet another whole year for Josh to come around.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 17, 2013, 11:01:59 PM

If Geno Smith somehow falls to us at #13. Wonder would if Schiano would wanna draft him.

He seems like Freeman part II.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 17, 2013, 11:12:35 PM

I'll say it again, the most important thing a young QB can get in the NFL is stability.  Having an offensive minded head coach is the biggest step in that direction.  It's something this team has failed to do TWICE now and it's going to be a problem going forward.  Let's say that things go well for Freeman and he improves.  Odds are that a big reason will be Sullivan and he most likely will get an HC job after next season.  What also will happen is a new OC and a new system that Freeman will have to learn and boom... we're back to 2011 Josh Freeman again.  As long as Freeman is here, it'll be a roller coaster ride and we'll never be good enough to be contenders.  I'm almost hoping that this team just totally bombs and wins 3 games next year.  Then, everyone... Dominik, Freeman, and Schiano would be gone and we'll get a new regime in here that understands that offense wins games in the NFL right now.  That's why most HC's being hired right now are offensive guys.  Because I can't root for failure, I just hope something really "clicks" and stays on.

Wouldn't it be so much better if everybody just improved and the team became awesome! That would be so much quicker than losing 3 games and waiting a whole other year and starting over. But hey if that's what you almost hope happens.  >:(

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : January 18, 2013, 12:41:47 AM

Trade for Tebow.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 18, 2013, 01:11:14 AM

Trade for Tebow.

....If you want a really bad offense.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#29 : January 18, 2013, 01:18:21 AM

Trade for Tebow.

Super Bowl!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman, Then and Now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools