Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman near the bottom of the list for 3rd down Conversion Rate « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 17, 2013, 03:58:12 PM

Freepologists factor them in.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 17, 2013, 03:59:36 PM

What about the  passes that clark and underwood dropped on third down, do they factor those in as well?

Sure they do but there were many where he missed guys too. If both do it then we dont complain or hear complaining about it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 17, 2013, 04:02:58 PM

What about the  passes that clark and underwood dropped on third down, do they factor those in as well?

If they do don't they do don't for all QBs. Unless Freeman had a wildly unusually high drop rate then the fact that w/o drops his rate would be 4% higher doesn't matter because so would everyone else's

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 17, 2013, 04:05:09 PM

I agree, it's not fair, Josh is the only QB who's receivers ever drop passes.  It's all a plot to bash poor Josh!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 17, 2013, 04:48:23 PM

Do you think that Clark and Underwood dropped a substantially higher amount of catch-able 3rd down balls than receivers on the  other 31 teams in the league? Why would we figure in drops for Freeman, but nobody else?

Draft Aaron Donald

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 17, 2013, 04:57:19 PM

Do you think that Clark and Underwood dropped a substantially higher amount of catch-able 3rd down balls than receivers on the  other 31 teams in the league? Why would we figure in drops for Freeman, but nobody else?

Because.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 17, 2013, 05:17:51 PM

An error in execution, like a pass that's off the mark, or even a dropped pass here and there, I don't sweat. Every QB has them, and I don't think we were that bad, although IMO Mike Williams dropped a few too many easy ones for a starter. It's Josh not taking what's right in front of him for the taking on 3rd down that's downright embarrassingly dumb :-[. How can he NOT see that?? >:(

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 17, 2013, 05:44:48 PM

Damn it was just a question. Jeez.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 17, 2013, 05:49:13 PM

Careful dude, you don't give Freeman any blame then your a "freepologist". Don't want that do you??

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 17, 2013, 05:52:50 PM

Careful dude, you don't give Freeman any blame then your a "freepologist". Don't want that do you??
not at all.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 17, 2013, 06:06:20 PM

Dudes sucks. There are no better options right now. He'll get next year and he'll likely do just enough to get an extension. Pretty much sums the whole situation. The end.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 17, 2013, 06:13:06 PM

Dudes sucks. There are no better options right now. He'll get next year and he'll likely do just enough to get an extension. Pretty much sums the whole situation. The end.

Yup. See sig line below by JBF.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 17, 2013, 07:38:04 PM

I know my taste in QB prospects is different then most, and everyone hates all the QBs I like....but I'd trade something decent for Tyrod Taylor. I always liked him coming out and after sitting and learning for a few years, he could be a valid starter if given the chance. I'm just saying if we are serious about bringing in competition, we might need to be creative.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 17, 2013, 08:30:01 PM

I know my taste in QB prospects is different then most, and everyone hates all the QBs I like....but I'd trade something decent for Tyrod Taylor. I always liked him coming out and after sitting and learning for a few years, he could be a valid starter if given the chance. I'm just saying if we are serious about bringing in competition, we might need to be creative.

You might be alone there. Taylor is a career backup, IMO. If coach S is serious about getting a QB this draft then he might as well not wait around too long and just use the 2nd rounder to grab one of the guys that could be available there in Nassib/Glennon/Wilson/Dysert. Hope they do their homework and hit a homerun with one of those guys.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 17, 2013, 10:31:09 PM

That is the worse case scenario IMO.  If he is great and consistant, easy decision.  If he is terrible and regresses even more, easy decision.

Its that in between area that is the problem.  Say he has another year like 2012. Do they extend him.  Or go to plan B.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman near the bottom of the list for 3rd down Conversion Rate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools