Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cornerback is no slam dunk for Bucs' first-round pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 17, 2013, 03:07:30 AM

A lot of things will change between now and April. What is considered a reach now, may not be considered a reach then. Since Kiper is quoted here, when looking at his 1.0 last year...there were 11 players that were first round picks that were not even on Kiper's initial list. Of the ones on the list, Dennard was a 7th rounder and Burfict went undrafted. Poe, Cox, and Brockers were projected in the mid-late 20's and all 3 went  between 11-14. Kuechly, Barron, and Floyd were all drafted at least 6 spots higher than originally projected.

I hear ya man, I view Kiper as entertainment value.  But  IMO,  I don't view Rhodes as good value at #13.  Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I think Dom could trade back a bit and score him later. Then  pick up a couple picks for the trade back.

Oh yea. He is definitely there for entertainment, and the draft has turned into a huge event. Hell, more people watch the 1st round of the draft than watch the World Series and NBA Finals combined(average ratings of entire series). People who watch the NFL eat, drink, and sleep it. Right now, fans of 28 teams are tuned into their teams potential moves, just as much as they are to the remaining games. Most of ESPN insider subscriptions are sold to those wanting to see the Scouts Inc./Kiper/McShay info as well as various NFL rumors and draft coverage. I also believe that if NFL GMs wrote down a mock draft in January and also updated it 3-4 times before April, that it probably wouldn't be much more accurate than Kiper's. Kiper is definitely not 100%, but neither are NFL GMs/draft teams.

A friend of mine is from Seattle and a big Seahawks fan.  After that heartbreaker Sunday, he said he is done with football until next training camp.   But not me, I still love the playoffs and the draft and free agency period.   Can't get enough.  We have had some really good games this year too, in the playoffs.   Hopefully the Super Bowl is not a snoozefest.

Radio stations here were hammering the move of bringing in Kiffin...but a lot of my friends were actually fine with it an were interested to see if it will work. I texted a buddy and said that I smell a Gruden/Kiffin reunion brewing in Dallas. Response: "That would be so awesome". Other than Cowboys stuff, people are hammering Schaub and Texans fans, for the most part, are done with him. It's actually a lot more prevalent than the frustration with Freeman and Bucs fans. Texans fans know that Kubiak is going to be stubborn with holding onto Schaub for a few more years based upon his recent comments.  At least our coach is showing some hesitation when addressing whether or not Freeman is the long term answer.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 17, 2013, 03:25:19 AM

I don't get the Schaub love.  They remind me of the old time Bucs, great defense and game manager type QB.  Maybe they make a play for Alex Smith or Flynn or someone.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 17, 2013, 03:28:52 AM

I don't get the Schaub love.  They remind me of the old time Bucs, great defense and game manager type QB.  Maybe they make a play for Alex Smith or Flynn or someone.

Possibly. There will probably be 7-8 QBs taken in the first 2 rounds...they could grab one of those guys.

Also, their defense while good, was definitely not as good as that '11 squad.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 17, 2013, 03:30:40 AM

Possibly. There will probably be 7-8 QBs taken in the first 2 rounds...they could grab one of those guys.

Also, their defense while good, was definitely not as good as that '11 squad.

In that case, maybe they would like to part with JJ Watt ?     [j/k]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 17, 2013, 03:51:50 AM

Not. A. Chance.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 17, 2013, 12:04:32 PM

is it me or is there not much buzz with the draft thus year?  I love the draft and usually follow it closely but I dont see much to get excited about, despite the fact that we are picking relatively high.  that isnt to say that there arent any good players but where are the great prospects?  no big time QBs or explosive skill position guys on offense.  the best DE in the country isnt even eligible to be drafted in this class(Clowney). 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 17, 2013, 12:27:46 PM

Yea, a lot of the top prospects in the draft are guys who play in the trenches. That's a good thing for the teams themselves, but not so good for selling draft hype to football fans.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 17, 2013, 12:30:21 PM

Its just one of those years. I actually dont mind being middle of the pack. I think its a great spot to draft BPA. I dont think you want to draft for need in a draft like this. Get the needs out of the way in FA and then draft BPA and depth.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 17, 2013, 08:28:51 PM

BCA

Best Corner Available

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 17, 2013, 08:44:46 PM

although there isn't many top shutdown corners in the draft it is very deep, besides Milliner, I am high on Rhodes, Banks i'm not sold on yet, need to see the senior bowl practices and combine, both other than those three I am very high on Logan Ryan, very physical and is always around the ball. Jordan Poyer is another I am high on, a sleeper that keeps rising is WIll Davis from Ut St, they been saying he has been rising up to almost the second round lately

I think Milliner is overrated.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 17, 2013, 09:02:49 PM

Matt Schaub is far from a game manager. He's more of a gun slinger if anything.

He always has a high YPA.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 18, 2013, 01:15:48 AM

BCA

Best Corner Available

BCA then BPA.  :D

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cornerback is no slam dunk for Bucs' first-round pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools