Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What if the Bucs target offense in the first two rounds? « previous next »
Page: 1

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
: January 17, 2013, 09:52:34 PM

Just think about it:
How much pressure will Freeman have on him to preform at an elite level if the Bucs draft TE Tyler Eifert in the 1st round and WR Tavon Austin with their 2nd round draft choice? Or further, how much more desirable of a destination will Tampa Bay be for next year's QB FA class if Freeman does not succeed in 2013?

ufcguy32

Starter

#1 : January 17, 2013, 09:54:23 PM

the same pressure he is gonna feel if they dont.

McCoy93

Starter

#2 : January 17, 2013, 10:01:50 PM

I love this wide out class. A lot of potential #1's in Allen, Patterson, Rodgers, Hunter

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 17, 2013, 10:03:44 PM

We need a slot guy though. I heard Tavon Austin is the best.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 17, 2013, 10:15:12 PM

Depending on what they do to upgrade the roster, we could see Jackson or Williams in the slot too. Schiano does like that versatility thing...

McCoy93

Starter

#5 : January 17, 2013, 10:18:58 PM

Good teams think ahead i wouldn't mind if they grabbed a premier receiver. Jackson is 30 and has already reached his potential, Mike Williams is entering a contract year, and underwood isn't a threatening slot man. 

Psych

Starter

#6 : January 17, 2013, 10:27:58 PM

I wouldn't mind going offense, but it would be stupid, if we weren't major players in Free Agency. Also, I don't think Tavon Austin will be as good as he's talked up to be. I'd rather snag Amendola then spend a high pick on Austin.

crazybucfan67

Rookie
#7 : January 17, 2013, 11:55:21 PM

I think it would be wise of the Bucs to go offense in the first two rounds especially if they used free agent monies on defense. What better way to answer the question "is Freeman the answer at QB?" With Martin, V-Jax, Mike Williams and a playmaker at TE and a slot receiver added to the mix, there would be plenty of weapons to enhance Freeman's choices. If he couldnt get it done with Sullivan's second year at OC and more playmakers, then 2014 would be the year to add a new QB.

This reminds me of the 2001 Colts needing defense to add to the triplets of Manning, Harrison and James and then they go against the grain and drafted Reggie Wayne and although they didnt get to the Super Bowl, Wayne gave Manning that extra weapon that gave defenses trouble for another decade. I think fans here in Tampa are just used to defense being the cornerstone of the franchise and that is changing not only here but leaguewide. Defense wins championships but offense fiils the stadiums.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 18, 2013, 12:05:42 AM

If they are BPA then I'm fine with that

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 18, 2013, 12:23:21 AM

No way should they target any offensive player in the first three rounds. Not unless they want to watch the same exact thing they witnessed this season. (or if high priced FA's already in pocket).

The freeman argument is moot though. He's going to sink or swim depending on what improvements are made. If the offense improves, or defense, josh should have a better chance.

As for me, I feel as if the offense is high-powered enough to get the job done. It's the defense that needs the most attention, and ironically there is plenty of help via draft and FA this go around. If the DB's can at least play respectably I believe Tampa would have a fair shot at playoffs.

At #13 they need a corner. After that, BPA all-day.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 18, 2013, 12:43:45 AM

With Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, and Carl Nicks, and him being a 4th year QB, the pressure to perform at an elite should have already been on him. Granted Nicks got hurt, Time to throw the ball was not his problem.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 18, 2013, 12:49:57 AM

I would be incensed.

One of the first two, I'd just be mad. 

I guess if we got TWO starting CBs in the draft, it could ameliorate my feelings a little bit, but only if we got TWO. 

As for CB first round, I don't know that it is necessary.  I am fine with BPA in round one to avoid a reach, and take the BCBA in round 2.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#12 : January 18, 2013, 12:53:25 AM

I would love to see them target a starting QB in the first round and a backup QB in the 2nd round.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 18, 2013, 12:53:53 AM

With Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, and Carl Nicks, and him being a 4th year QB, the pressure to perform at an elite should have already been on him. Granted Nicks got hurt, Time to throw the ball was not his problem.

Blowing leads was a very big problem.

Hell, the announcers caught schiano dragging his hand across his face during the eagles game. Directly after catching the sight of schiano doing that, they talked about it being "something schiano has seen before" as they started down the field. It says a lot when the announcers are noticing how the opposition is playing "keep-away" with our corners on a constant basis.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What if the Bucs target offense in the first two rounds? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools