Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seahawks GM says team open to offers for backup QB Matt Flynn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 18, 2013, 06:42:22 PM

If they are going to add a QB, this is not the way to go. If they are really serious about it, they just need to go ahead and use the 2nd rounder on one of the 3-4 guys that are not named Geno Smith or Matt Barkley.

If it's just coach speak, then they stand pat with the 2 QBs on the roster and they resign can Freeman if the light kicks on, or draft a top prospect a little over a year from now.

I will be very disappointed if they make a dumb trade like this.
: January 18, 2013, 06:46:16 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 18, 2013, 10:28:13 PM

Not interested.

I just feel like he is a career backup.

Lotta people felt that way about Schaub.  Not that he's all that, but he's no Orlovsky either.

Hate is right though.  He's going somewhere to start, not to sit.

He doesn't have much choice in the matter if its a trade.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 18, 2013, 11:07:01 PM

Not interested.

Lotta people felt that way about Schaub.  Not that he's all that, but he's no Orlovsky either.

Well, now that is something you don't see very often.... ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#33 : January 18, 2013, 11:15:15 PM

It really all depends on how Schiano and Sheridan really feel Freeman has developed.  They've seen him in practice and the film room.  Maybe they secretly know that he hasn't shown any signs of improvement in his accuracy, decision making, and consistency.  If they've actually seen the development that they claim, then bringing Flynn in wouldn't make sense.  If they've just been blowing smoke, then it's a good move.  Trade Freeman to the highest bidder (Denver got 2 1st's and a 3rd for Cutler and a 5th. Freeman is younger, has more starts, and similar TD-INT numbers than Cutler did when he was traded).  Trade a 4th for Flynn, give him a chance.  If he sucks, then we'll hopefully have extra picks next year from the Freeman trade to move up to get Bridgewater, Manziel, or whoever else rises to the top.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 19, 2013, 09:52:25 PM

It really all depends on how Schiano and Sheridan really feel Freeman has developed.  They've seen him in practice and the film room.  Maybe they secretly know that he hasn't shown any signs of improvement in his accuracy, decision making, and consistency.  If they've actually seen the development that they claim, then bringing Flynn in wouldn't make sense.  If they've just been blowing smoke, then it's a good move.  Trade Freeman to the highest bidder (Denver got 2 1st's and a 3rd for Cutler and a 5th. Freeman is younger, has more starts, and similar TD-INT numbers than Cutler did when he was traded).  Trade a 4th for Flynn, give him a chance.  If he sucks, then we'll hopefully have extra picks next year from the Freeman trade to move up to get Bridgewater, Manziel, or whoever else rises to the top.

If Flynn came cheap, I would pick him up,  just as an insurance policy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 19, 2013, 09:56:52 PM

Not interested.

Who's gonna trade for a backup making $7.5mil?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 19, 2013, 10:01:56 PM

Not interested.

That would have to be renegotiated.  Or Seattle picks up part of it. Or they may end up releasing him, if no one bites on the trade offer.   I doubt that is guaranteed money he has coming.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 19, 2013, 10:49:37 PM

I think he is probably Kevin Kolb 2.0 but nobody really knows. He'll get a shot somewhere this year and we'll all find out.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 19, 2013, 10:56:42 PM

Not interested.

That would have to be renegotiated.  Or Seattle picks up part of it. Or they may end up releasing him, if no one bites on the trade offer.   I doubt that is guaranteed money he has coming.

Its only renegotiated should he choose to do so which translates to he has some say as to where he's traded.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#39 : January 19, 2013, 10:59:58 PM

Not interested.

The Bucs pay Freeman more than that.   He's no better than a backup.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 19, 2013, 11:40:16 PM

Not interested.

Its only renegotiated should he choose to do so which translates to he has some say as to where he's traded.

True.

I don't see anyone trading for him really.  Wait until he gets released.  And if the Seahawks want to pay him to hold the clipboard for 7.5 mil, more power to them.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 19, 2013, 11:41:37 PM

I think the jags end up trading for him.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 29, 2013, 10:25:34 PM

Seattle is shopping Flynn - Freeman would panic having that kind of competition, wouldn't he?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 30, 2013, 07:37:36 AM

No. Flynn couldn't beat him out in a million years.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 30, 2013, 08:11:00 AM

You know this because?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seahawks GM says team open to offers for backup QB Matt Flynn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools