Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#60 : January 21, 2013, 01:27:50 PM

QB is a big part in all of this but honestly I think its bigger that the rest of the team step up and play great than just the QB. QB has to limit mistakes but guess what so does the rest of the team. I just think guys get sucked into this fantasy of having the perfect QB. When he doesnt exist. Our next guy is more likely to be like Freeman than Rodgers or Brady. And then when the next guy is like that, the fans complain and complain some more that he didnt over come the defense ability to keep the other team out of the end zone. Basically the fans will never be happy unless they get this guy thats perfect. Need proof? Look at every GDT. Most of the blame goes to the QB when its a god damn team game. Brady has been exceptional the last few years but even he cant get to the big game. I wonder why? Oh its a team game. I just hope everybody on this team including Freeman buys into Schianos philosophy of accountability because this is a team game. Freeman needs to work his ass off. The GM need to bring is some corners. Schiano needs to figure out what the **CENSORED** went wrong with the defense and game management. And figure all this **CENSORED** out. They can do it. But they gotta do it together. When we won our SB we did it together. We know we couldnt do it with just defense.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#61 : January 21, 2013, 01:29:15 PM

What are the things that can't be taught or measured that Freeman is missing?

Confidence, leadership, mental toughness
And what praytell, gives us the insight as to young Freeman not having these intangibles.  Noting his teammates and coaches have stated he has these intangibles.  I personally find something far more measurable to be his biggest issue - that being from time to time he goes through stretches where he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a football.  But I remain curious as to how the immeasurable and unteachable can now to be added to my list of one. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#62 : January 21, 2013, 01:30:19 PM

I am just wondering if those intangibles - which can't be taught or measured - can be indentified - lol

I don't think its hard to identify in those that possess them. Leaving out the obvious in Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Manning, Russell Wilson oozes all three as does Kap, 9 games in.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#63 : January 21, 2013, 01:33:54 PM

Sorry - I just deleted the post you quoted - as it was out of order with your earlier post.  I am looking for the absence of the qualities in Freeman.  How do you qualify that and in conflict with what his teammates and coaches report?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#64 : January 21, 2013, 01:38:32 PM

I know what you mean hate. I think thats something he can get with more success. He needs to start winning and doing it consistently. I think its been a rocky ride for him since hes been in. Lets be honest here the whole team hasnt been the greatest for a while. We have had some of the worst defenses in the last decade since Morris came in. We have had injuries hit this team left and right. Im not making excuses but these are REAL THINGS. Lets get this team feeling good about themselves again and start winning consistently. When that happens I think we will see the whole team play with more confidence, leadership, and mental toughness. These tough times are big tests though. They either go with the bad times or push back to learn from their mistakes and improve as a team. I think they got the capability to but they gotta put it together and quick. Patience is hard to come by in this league. From owners and fans. 

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 21, 2013, 01:40:37 PM

Absolutely, and he could do it with the offense we have now. Not sure he could do it with this defense just yet......but soon. Our pass defense sucked for 14 games. Freeman sucked in 3 and was streaky in half the others. He beat the fowlgoons. It's ridiculous to say he can't. Flacco has been streaky too, and he's not changing systems and coaches every year. 2013 is going to be a great year for Freeman and the Bucs.
Wreck Ship approves this message. +1

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#66 : January 21, 2013, 01:45:56 PM

I'd like too see what Freeman could do under a true QB guru in Jim Harbough

Well , supposedly our last QB coach, Ron Turner, was the best in the business and he is now gone.  I'd say McNulty has his hands full. To answer the question...NO WAY IN HELL ( he does what those two guys did lastnite).  I just can't figure this guy out.  I really... if I think about it... have never seen an NFL QB look so good for a stretch and then sooooo bad.  Sure there are guys that get hot and cold but not on fire and them sub zero to the point where it looks like he doesn't belong in the NFL ( at times ).  The easy answer to this would be don't resign him. There are always those Buccaneer QB ghosts of the past where getting rid of him means he will win a SB somewhere else...I still don't know what they should do with him and wish someone had the answer.  Let's hope that when they do decide what they will do it is clearly the best decision.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#67 : January 21, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

Sorry - I just deleted the post you quoted - as it was out of order with your earlier post.  I am looking for the absence of the qualities in Freeman.  How do you qualify that and in conflict with what his teammates and coaches report?

I haven't heard the quote referring to Freeman's mental toughness, confidence, & leadership, but teammates and coaches are almost always going to say the right things about their QB.  Coach-speak

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#68 : January 21, 2013, 01:53:28 PM

I am just wondering if those intangibles - which can't be taught or measured - can be indentified - lol

I don't think its hard to identify in those that possess them. Leaving out the obvious in Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Manning, Russell Wilson oozes all three as does Kap, 9 games in.
The other potential category is winner.  For some reason - some guys just win way more than their share.  Folks have looked for the characteristics that those guys have in common - and to my knowledge never found measurable standards, correlations, or commonalities, if you will.  The guy that leads his and beats yours, and then take yours and beats his..  Going back to college Freeman hasn't done either of these.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#69 : January 21, 2013, 01:56:27 PM

I know what you mean hate.

Thnx.....didn't think it was that difficult. When comparing him to the way other QBs that have found success carry themselves, for me, its pretty obvious.

I am looking for the absence of the qualities in Freeman.  How do you qualify that and in conflict with what his teammates and coaches report?

See above.

And I qualify my stance by stating that our coach made it very clear that he's not all in with Free and to me that speaks volumes.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#70 : January 21, 2013, 01:59:11 PM

I know what you mean hate.

Thnx.....didn't think it was that difficult. When comparing him to the way other QBs that have found success carry themselves, for me, its pretty obvious.

I am looking for the absence of the qualities in Freeman.  How do you qualify that and in conflict with what his teammates and coaches report?

See above.

And I qualify my stance by stating that our coach made it very clear that he's not all in with Free and to me that speaks volumes.

This is the biggest problem I have with Freeman. His confidence looked completely shot for a 3 or 4 week stretch.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#71 : January 21, 2013, 02:07:10 PM

When - with the competition statement? - hmmm - maybe but I don't think so.  And over Freeman's first 3 years there was nothing but accolades and love between Free and the entire organization.  And with his weight loss last offseason he was showered with the "leadership" comments. 

We will see, it would be weird to see him re-signed this offseason.  I get the ticked concession at the skyway... lol

Hate

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 21, 2013, 02:10:07 PM

When - with the competition statement? - hmmm - maybe but I don't think so.  And over Freeman's first 3 years there was nothing but accolades and love between Free and the entire organization.  And with his weight loss last offseason he was showered with the "leadership" comments. 

We will see, it would be weird to see him re-signed this offseason.  I get the ticked concession at the skyway... lol

I believe his exact quote was....... "how can i be all in with Free when i'm not all in with myself?" That was from his season ending presser. Link soon to follow.....for the second time.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#73 : January 21, 2013, 02:12:59 PM

I believe his exact quote was....... "how can i be all in with Free when i'm not all in with myself?" That was from his season ending presser. Link soon to follow.....for the second time.

Freeman said that??

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#74 : January 21, 2013, 02:19:38 PM

This season? I doubt it. In a year or two? NO doubt he could be the next Flacco. The skill is there, and I think the coaching is too. I see Martin as being very similar to Gore, and a healthy Nicks will make our run game lethal.
    And, I thought the 49er strategy of STAYING with the run was a key to their victory; by the 4th quarter no Falcon wanted to take on Gore...
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools