Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

Hate

Hall of Famer
#90 : January 21, 2013, 03:23:57 PM

I think sometimes confidence and intangibles comes with success. I think if this team gets going this year and starts winning consistently, youll see a lot of confidence and swag with 5 again but not just with him, the entire team.

We were 6-4 and in the playoff hunt....how much more success does he need?

I want to see him and the rest of the team win those close games. They need a taste of playoffs as well. Confidence isnt just about wins but its about how they get them. I think the team that won those 6 games were good enough to win those games and they knew it. What I didnt see was a team that believed they could win these close games or vs teams that meant anything. The ATL game being the exception.

I completely agree.... its time we win a game that means something. And i don't include the Falcon game because they had absolutely nothing to play for.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#91 : January 21, 2013, 03:30:27 PM

We haven't beat a good team or won a big game in four years. I wouldn't expect Freeman to have any confidence. He probably needs a fresh start somewhere else.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#92 : January 21, 2013, 03:31:15 PM

I think sometimes confidence and intangibles comes with success. I think if this team gets going this year and starts winning consistently, youll see a lot of confidence and swag with 5 again but not just with him, the entire team.

We were 6-4 and in the playoff hunt....how much more success does he need?

I want to see him and the rest of the team win those close games. They need a taste of playoffs as well. Confidence isnt just about wins but its about how they get them. I think the team that won those 6 games were good enough to win those games and they knew it. What I didnt see was a team that believed they could win these close games or vs teams that meant anything. The ATL game being the exception.

I completely agree.... its time we win a game that means something. And i don't include the Falcon game because they had absolutely nothing to play for.

I dont expect many fans to. But I do think (for the Buc players) the Bucs going out and winning that last game was a hell of a lot better than losing all those games in a row. They needed that win and the offseason would have felt different with that long losing streak. I think it benefitted our team a little bit.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#93 : January 21, 2013, 03:36:00 PM

If you mean could freeman beat Matt Ryan, yes. He did in week 17.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#94 : January 21, 2013, 03:42:44 PM

He did. This is just my opinion and I hope people dont flip out over this but I think there was enough harsh criticism for fans to dismiss that win because of how much effort and time they put into bashing Freeman. Yes its an ego thing. I think some fans in some way, even if small, hope Freeman fails so that they can say they were right about him. It would be the only way of justifying all the hate, time, and effort they put in to saying he cant do it. I think differently. I think when there is a will theres a way. Flacco proved it. Many people bashed this dude for years saying they wont get to the SB with him and poof now hes there. I think the very same thing can happen with Freeman. Not many really want to believe it now because they dont want to be dissappointed in the end.
: January 21, 2013, 04:28:48 PM BucBalla85

gone

Hall of Famer
#95 : January 21, 2013, 03:58:03 PM

What are the things that can't be taught or measured that Freeman is missing?
Watch the Wizard of Oz and you'll find all three of them.
LOL - cute.  Now back to the topic. 

Sorry, it just popped into my head , kinda like a house falling from the sky.  But to run with it a bit:

Brains -- Don't think he's stupid (although I don't get the impression he's especially intelligent either), but he processes too slowly, and I don't think he can read defenses still.
Heart -- his leadership has been questioned throughout his career, going back to college.  He demonstrates little emotion or intensity.
Courage -- This one is a big question to me.  He panics very quickly and doesn't want to run. He said himself he doesn't want to get hit. 

so, there ya go, a throwaway allusion stretched thin.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#96 : January 21, 2013, 04:25:02 PM

What are the things that can't be taught or measured that Freeman is missing?
Watch the Wizard of Oz and you'll find all three of them.
LOL - cute.  Now back to the topic. 

Sorry, it just popped into my head , kinda like a house falling from the sky.  But to run with it a bit:

Brains -- Don't think he's stupid (although I don't get the impression he's especially intelligent either), but he processes too slowly, and I don't think he can read defenses still.
Heart -- his leadership has been questioned throughout his career, going back to college. He demonstrates little emotion or intensity.
Courage -- This one is a big question to me.  He panics very quickly and doesn't want to run. He said himself he doesn't want to get hit. 

so, there ya go, a throwaway allusion stretched thin.
Sounds a lot like Joe Flacco and P. Manning.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#97 : January 21, 2013, 04:28:11 PM

He did. This is just my opinion and I hope people dont flip out over this but I think there was enough harsh criticism for fans to dismiss that win because of how much effort and time they put into bashing Freeman. Yes its an ego thing. I think a lot of fans in some way, even if small, hope Freeman fails so that they can say they were right about him. It would be the only way of justifying all the hate, time, and effort they put in to saying he cant do it. I think differently. I think when there is a will theres a way. Flacco proved it. Many people bashed this dude for years saying they wont get to the SB with him and poof now hes there. I think the very same thing can happen with Freeman. Not many really want to believe it now because they dont want to be dissappointed in the end.

I complete agree that many would rather be right than the team have success.....this, IMO is azzholery at its finest. As for me, i don't care. Will happily eat crow if Free is our guy for the next 10 yrs. Unfortunately, i just don't see it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#98 : January 21, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

He did. This is just my opinion and I hope people dont flip out over this but I think there was enough harsh criticism for fans to dismiss that win because of how much effort and time they put into bashing Freeman. Yes its an ego thing. I think a lot of fans in some way, even if small, hope Freeman fails so that they can say they were right about him. It would be the only way of justifying all the hate, time, and effort they put in to saying he cant do it. I think differently. I think when there is a will theres a way. Flacco proved it. Many people bashed this dude for years saying they wont get to the SB with him and poof now hes there. I think the very same thing can happen with Freeman. Not many really want to believe it now because they dont want to be dissappointed in the end.

I complete agree that many would rather be right than the team have success.....this, IMO is azzholery at its finest. As for me, i don't care. Will happily eat crow if Free is our guy for the next 10 yrs. Unfortunately, i just don't see it.

I know your not one of them hate. I agree I'm being a bit of an **CENSORED** there but I just feel it sometimes. I could be wrong too.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#99 : January 21, 2013, 04:43:41 PM

I guess what I'm really asking is do some people really feel that he isn't capable of turning this thing around?? Am I just being a bit optimistic??

Hate

Hall of Famer
#100 : January 21, 2013, 04:45:30 PM

I guess what I'm really asking is do some people really feel that he isn't capable of turning this thing around?? Am I just being a bit optimistic??

I feel he's incapable. Too much against him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#101 : January 21, 2013, 04:57:47 PM

I can see why there's doubt. I do. Thing with me is he's shown that he can play before. If he can do it once he should be able to do it again. There's no reason why they can't make him at least more consistent to his better play. If we got that and against good teams we got ourselves a pretty good QB. One that isn't very easy to find. You'll usually get something average or much worse in the big search for qbs. His potential I guess outweighs the rest for me at the moment. If he just crumbles again this year I agree you gotta move on because the fans wouldn't want him back and it would be easy for Schiano to move onto somebody else. I also hope they bring in competition to push or even take Freeman's job if he plays better than him. I just think in the end, Freeman CAN put it together because he's done it before. Just needs to be consistent by knowing what hes done right and learn from everything he's done wrong so far. I mean why can't he do that??
: January 21, 2013, 05:00:11 PM BucBalla85

Hate

Hall of Famer
#102 : January 21, 2013, 05:02:13 PM

Throughout his tenure here, he's played more bad than good. What gives you the confidence that he can play above average consistently?

gone

Hall of Famer
#103 : January 21, 2013, 05:02:32 PM

I can see why there's doubt. I do. Thing with me is he's shown that he can play before. If he can do it once he should be able to do it again. There's no reason why they can't make him at least more consistent to his better play. If we got that and against good teams we got ourselves a pretty good QB. One that isn't very easy to find. You'll usually get something average or much worse in the big search for qbs. His potential I guess outweighs the rest for me at the moment. If he just crumbles again this year I agree you gotta move on because the fans wouldn't want him back and it would be easy for Schiano to move onto somebody else. I also hope they bring in competition to push or even take Freeman's Jon if he plays better than him. I just think in the end, Freeman CAN put it together because he's done it before. Just needs to be consistent by knowing what hes done right and learn from everything he's done wrong so far. I mean why can't he do that??

I don't see him as inconsistent at all.  His results may be inconsistent, but not his play.  He's a one trick pony and if that trick is taken away or his WRs don't bail him out he's completely ineffective.  If that trick isn't taken away, he can make some huge plays now and then during the game.  Teams figured him out in Olson's offense and now they figured him out in Sullivan's. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#104 : January 21, 2013, 05:06:27 PM

Throughout his tenure here, he's played more bad than good. What gives you the confidence that he can play above average consistently?

For some(not saying this bout BB85), ignoring the bad is an easy route to confidence in Freeman. Allows for a more restful sleep, I suppose....even though it's a lie.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools