Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#105 : January 21, 2013, 05:10:39 PM

Throughout his tenure here, he's played more bad than good. What gives you the confidence that he can play above average consistently?

2 good seasons, 1 bad season.

That's more good than bad if you ask me. And that bad season happened when the entire team was in disarray.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#106 : January 21, 2013, 05:12:31 PM

When hes confident he plays well and he had that in 2010 and some of the year. I dont think this confidence is something you lose for good. I think he can regain that with some team success. I think that if he learns from some of his mistakes and he's capable of doing that guys. Then he can be above average. Better than a lot of what were gonna find in QB market if your not picking top 10. He's not that right now but with some time he could be. I just think we need to have some patience.
: January 21, 2013, 05:17:59 PM BucBalla85

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#107 : January 21, 2013, 05:13:44 PM

Well Kaepernick is 25, so it's clearly why he is so good. Now that Freeman is no longer 24....he'll be awesome too! Right?

Seriously though, I'm over Freeman, I'm 100% convinced he sucks and I can't wait to move on....but I know we aren't moving on. At least for this next season, he will be the man. So as a Bucs fan, all I can do is cross my fingers and hope he proves me wrong and gets better. I know we can't win if he doesn't get better, so I cling to the only excuse that holds even an ounce of validity. His age. He has been in the league now for so long it seems like he is as old as a Flacco or Ryan, but those guys are 28 years old. I look at guys like Luck and Wilson, even Cam...and I have to remind myself that Freeman is barely a year older than these kids. Kaepernick is actually a few months older. It's an over used excuse, and I don't personally think he'll grow into anything more than what he currently is...but it's the only lingering excuse I have to grasp onto as a possibility for hope. It's the only thing I have to keep me from being completely negative and uninterested in next season. So here's to one more year of experience suddenly allowing Freeman to snap out of all of his horrible habits that make him suck. Here's to 25!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#108 : January 21, 2013, 05:17:08 PM

It's not so much about age. It's about maturity and the ability to learn from your mistakes. The sooner that he does that the better he is gonna be. He's 6'6 with a huge arm and capable of being mobile. Some of the other stuff can be figured out if they work hard and put all the other stuff together ( team game) as well. Then if the team is winning everybody looks good.
: January 21, 2013, 05:19:57 PM BucBalla85

Hate

Hall of Famer
#109 : January 21, 2013, 05:18:48 PM

Throughout his tenure here, he's played more bad than good. What gives you the confidence that he can play above average consistently?

That's more good than bad if you ask me. And that bad season happened when the entire team was in disarray.

Do you really believe that Freeman has played more good games than bad?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#110 : January 21, 2013, 05:28:56 PM

Do you really believe that Freeman has played more good games than bad?

If you don't count the first 9 starts of his career(does this mean we also shouldn't count the first 9 starts of Kaepernick's career??)...
If you don't count most games against teams with winning records in 2010...
If you don't count 2011 because everyone played bad...so of course Freeman gets a pass...
If you don't count half the games of 2012...

Then yes...more good than bad.

gone

Hall of Famer
#111 : January 21, 2013, 05:31:35 PM

32, 30, 28, 25, 19  <---- Defensive ranking (by QBR) of the teams that Josh had his 100+ QBR games against.

95.5  ---- 73.5     Carolina
115.2 --- 37.5     N.O.
90.4 --- 71.4      Atlanta
Josh's QBR against those teams in the first and second games, respectively.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#112 : January 21, 2013, 05:36:46 PM

Remember that time Freeman had a great game verse a top defense? No? Hmmm.....me neither.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#113 : January 21, 2013, 05:41:26 PM

Here, let me get some of you off the fence:

Freeman is not good. If you have no confidence in his ability to win a big game against a tough team, wtf are you waiting for?  Just say it. He isn't good. His abilities aren't improving. Four years in, and he has major mechanical issues. How commited is he?  Well, we know he is a guy that is trying out a new offense. We know he is eager about his job. But where are the results?  He is not going to beat a tough opponent on the regular. He usually loses.

Time to look at other options. Four years is enough for me to gather evidence to back up my assertion. He seriously would be an awesome backup though.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#114 : January 21, 2013, 05:59:28 PM

Freeman REALLY disappointed me down the stretch last year. I thought he had turned a corner when the Bucs offense was lighting it up for 4-5 weeks.

Still, we're talking about a QB that set the Buc's all time season records for TDs and yards. Just sayin'. He's far from garbage. More of a head case than a guy who can't do it. Which might be the most frustrating part.

Kaepernick may come down to earth. Flacco is peaking. Freeman needs to put it all together next year. I'm cautiously optimistic he will.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#115 : January 21, 2013, 06:22:11 PM

No. He would've been picked off at some really bad time. In 2010, he had a 1,000yd/5ypc back, a jump ball phenom in Mike Williams, and a 70 catch tight end. This year, he had two of the elite jump ball receivers in the NFL who he basically threw baloons to. When defenses added the safety over top, Freeman couldn't adjust and became a turnover machine; the same thing that would've happened against ATL or New England.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#116 : January 21, 2013, 06:31:04 PM

Still, we're talking about a QB that set the Buc's all time season records for TDs and yards.

We aren't exactly talking about a storied franchise with a rich offensive history....those records, when put into perspective with other franchises and the offensive numbers that are put up in today's passing game...they don't mean d*ck.

..but I pretty much agree with the rest of what you posted.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#117 : January 21, 2013, 07:47:31 PM

Still, we're talking about a QB that set the Buc's all time season records for TDs and yards. Just sayin'. He's far from garbage.

So he should be praised for being the best of a mediocre bunch?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#118 : January 21, 2013, 07:59:56 PM

I find it kind of funny that many of you got what you wanted and still aren't happy.  You wanted Gruden gone and a franchise qb and you got it.  I'm sure glad I'm smart enough to not spend money on things I don't like.  I guess the grass isn't always greener.  Are you STHs taking paper bags with you next year in protest? 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#119 : January 21, 2013, 08:06:26 PM

I find it kind of funny that many of you got what you wanted and still aren't happy.  You wanted Gruden gone and a franchise qb and you got it.

well at least you're half right!!

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools