Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A crazy "what if." « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 22, 2013, 02:15:49 AM

I think Luke McCown is more of a Gruden QB.

McCown said he would refuse to sign again with the Bucs at the end of 2008 if Gruden were still coach.   He wanted to sign with Raheem Morris.   So in reality, McCown was more of a Heemy type of QB.   (Heemy then went on to backstab McCown, but that's another story.)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 22, 2013, 03:43:27 AM

What if Gruden comes back next year to coach in the NFL.  The team he inherits owns a desperate situation at QB.  Freeman leaves for the new Gruden led team, and they win the Superbowl.

If Gruden is really such a great coach, he should take over in NE.
Start your own "what if" man. :P

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 22, 2013, 10:27:05 AM

McCown said he would refuse to sign again with the Bucs at the end of 2008 if Gruden were still coach.   He wanted to sign with Raheem Morris.   So in reality, McCown was more of a Heemy type of QB.   (Heemy then went on to backstab McCown, but that's another story.)

Idk about the other part, but raheem didn't give mccown a realistic chance. That's actually truth.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 22, 2013, 10:36:56 AM

Wouldn't happen. Gruden loves old veteran QBs.

Freeman is an old veteran QB.   He's been a starter for 4 seasons.   That's a veteran.

Uhh, I don't think you can say he's old chief. A veteran? Yes. But old?? The guy just turned 25.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 22, 2013, 10:39:19 AM

mmmh... i would say Gruden was not a McCown HC, or lets say everyone else would be more of a McCown HC than Gruden, even Radio Heemy.

In this case its about who Gruden wants to play for him., not so much about who wants to or  does not wants to play for Gruden. Gruden wanted Plummmer to play for him and he did not want Rodgers to play for him. Rodgers' not a Gruden QB, but Gruden's not a Plummer HC.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 22, 2013, 10:40:42 AM

Start your own "what if" man. :P

This is a Buccaneers message board. Hijacking is our way of life, right? lol

else i'm sorry though...

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 22, 2013, 01:09:10 PM

JMO but Gruden never coaches again in the NFL. He was exposed after his Super Bowl win with the Bucs as a very bad coach. The talking heads bring him up but he has yet to even talk to another team. He likes his talking job and is quite good at it.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 22, 2013, 02:22:32 PM

Nah, Gruden knows QB talent (called Russell Wilson before ANYONE as well as Jimmy Clausen) but he just prefers experience. Though experience, Jon-o would be smart enough to realize he'd never win with Freeman.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 22, 2013, 03:42:01 PM

Nah, Gruden knows QB talent (called Russell Wilson before ANYONE as well as Jimmy Clausen) but he just prefers experience. Though experience, Jon-o would be smart enough to realize he'd never win with Freeman.

ppfft... By the time Gruden comes back into the NFL coaching circle, freeman could possibly be on another team (where Gruden could be). However statistically impossible.

By then, freeman would be five years in, and we could legitimately call him a vet. An older/wiser freeman seems like the makings of a good QB, of course theoretically..

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : January 22, 2013, 05:49:09 PM

If anyone could teach Freeman how to be a real QB, it's Gruden.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 22, 2013, 10:00:33 PM

If anyone could teach Freeman how to be a real QB, it's Gruden.

There are several that could help josh. Sullivan might be able to.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 22, 2013, 10:26:18 PM

Idk about the other part, but raheem didn't give mccown a realistic chance. That's actually truth.
Raheem gave McCown a chance - and by just about every measurable in football McCown won.  So naturally Rah elected to go with the broken down qb Leftwich, but Rah saved embarrassment with the GM trading McCown. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 22, 2013, 11:54:05 PM

McCown > Sandwich. At that point, Byron was blah. It was awful watching him play in Buffalo. Bah!!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A crazy "what if." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools