Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib will test free agency market this offseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : January 22, 2013, 12:12:58 AM »

Patriots CB Aqib Talib will test free agency market this offseason

January 21, 2013   ·   

By Eric Schmidt

The New England Patriots traded for Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Aqib Talib just prior to the trade deadline this season in order to try to bolster their secondary. Talib was a rental for the Patriots this year, with his impending free agency. The corner suffered an injury in the AFC Championship game against the Baltimore Ravens, but it appears that Talib is ready to explore free agency.

When asked by reporters, Talib responded about his possible return to the team, “That’s the business side of the business. I definitely enjoyed being a Patriot.”

Head coach Bill Belichick was asked whether or not Talib would be brought back after this season, and declined an answer in typical Jedi fashion.

The Patriots are going to have a lot of questions heading into the offseason. Finishing for the second year in a row at the bottom of ranking in pass defense is going to be one of them.

Talib, a talented corner that could be on the verge of becoming a top corner in the league comes with a lot of baggage. He has a very troubled past. He is highly volatile off the field and he might find that his idea of the interest he might generate in free agency is going to be actually less than his reality. He had no issues that made it to the media while with New England, but his recent track record might prevent him from landing the multi-million dollar long-term situation that he is obviously looking for.

http://www.thepigskinreport.com/2013/01/patriots-cb-aqib-talib-will-test-free-agency-market-this-offseason/

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 22, 2013, 12:14:24 AM »

Talib lol.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 22, 2013, 01:08:51 AM »

Why wouldn't he? Some dumb team would definitely give him more than the Pats usually give to players. It just depends on how much more.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 22, 2013, 01:39:08 AM »

Bengals?  He'd certainly fit the culture there.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 22, 2013, 03:26:56 AM »

IDK....he didn't exactly sell himself very well up in New England.  He looks like a injury prone player at this point. I believe he will get offers,  but not the megabucks type contract.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 22, 2013, 11:24:54 AM »

Bring him back!

Just kidding that would be a hell of a move though. Trade him for a pick and then bring resign him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 22, 2013, 11:32:09 AM »

I seriously doubt the Patriots give him big $$$; they have a history of NOT paying their CB's... Let's see if the Jets or Eagles bite  ;D

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #7 : January 22, 2013, 11:40:39 AM »

I hope somebody bites, and leaves another CB out there for us.  Hopefully dumping him on someone else's door will help limit the landing spots for the FA corners we really do want.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 22, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »

IDK....he didn't exactly sell himself very well up in New England.  He looks like a injury prone player at this point. I believe he will get offers,  but not the megabucks type contract.

The way the media has been hyping the guy, i fully expect him to get PAID!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 22, 2013, 11:54:27 AM »

I disagree. He played well over there.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 22, 2013, 11:55:11 AM »

Unfortunately, in what will most likely be a weak CB free agency, Talib will probably be one of the more talented CB's out there. It's would be hilarious if he resigned with the Bucs with them getting a 4th rounder for him, but I highly doubt Schiano wants to go down that road again.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 22, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »

Talib is better than what we got right now. Sign him until further notice.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

« #12 : January 22, 2013, 12:45:41 PM »

shows that trading him was a good move. He would have done the same with us, at least we get a pick now.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 22, 2013, 01:51:08 PM »

I really, really, really want this to get hyped.

Tampa can get the actual valuable corners for less, or at least gain their interest easier if that happens.

I just wonder what fools will step up to the plate? Someone already said cinci, which is possible.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #14 : January 22, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »

Before last year, I would have said Talib will not be in the market for much of a contract. . .then Eric Wright happened.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib will test free agency market this offseason « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools