Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib will test free agency market this offseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 22, 2013, 03:29:43 PM

Before last year, I would have said Talib will not be in the market for much of a contract. . .then Eric Wright happened.

I thought he was underrated, but yeah... he didn't deserve that type of contract. That much is true.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 22, 2013, 08:50:19 PM

IDK....he didn't exactly sell himself very well up in New England.  He looks like a injury prone player at this point. I believe he will get offers,  but not the megabucks type contract.

I disagree. He played well over there.

When he was on the field.  I was speaking of him being injury prone.  He had at least 2 different injuries up there that cost him game time.  The hip, and the hamstring. You can be the best player in the league but if you can't stay on the field, it doesn't matter.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 22, 2013, 09:05:18 PM

Does anyone remember the Giants game. Nicks and Cruz just killed Talib and Wright for 500 yards. Not 5, not 50 but 500 yards. I dont get the hype on the guy.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 22, 2013, 09:07:50 PM

Does anyone remember the Giants game. Nicks and Cruz just killed Talib and Wright for 500 yards. Not 5, not 50 but 500 yards. I dont get the hype on the guy.

I don't see a huge payday for him.  Too much going on with the injuries, and his history.  And he never was Revis.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : January 22, 2013, 09:21:41 PM

" Talib will test free agency market this offseason "

I think the free agency market is going to test him.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 22, 2013, 09:31:19 PM

I don't see a huge payday for him.  Too much going on with the injuries, and his history.  And he never was Revis.

But is he Eric Wright?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 22, 2013, 11:27:33 PM

I think I see what you did there Hate.  Nice one.  And for the record, yes he is, maybe with a bit more raw talent.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 23, 2013, 02:26:03 AM

I think I see what you did there Hate.  Nice one.  And for the record, yes he is, maybe with a bit more raw talent.

Which means he's gonna get paid. And keep in mind..... it only takes one.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ms Elam

Starter

#23 : January 23, 2013, 06:37:06 AM

IDK....he didn't exactly sell himself very well up in New England.  He looks like a injury prone player at this point. I believe he will get offers,  but not the megabucks type contract.

I disagree. He played well over there.
He can't play 16 games. I used to always say even if we were good, by the time we got to the games that matter he would be on the sideline in gym shorts joking around. And he's really injury prone, like the essence of injury prone, not like some guys who get those inevitable injuries that just happen in football when bodies bang at full speed. His injuries are just like on Sunday when he got hurt, he either falls awkwardly or pulls something while running, and the next thing you know he's out 3 or 4 Weeks.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 23, 2013, 11:56:19 AM

Hate's right, he'll get paid.  He'll probably get E. Wright kind of money, and I wouldn't be surprised if he also has to forfeit some guaranteed jack down the road in a similar fashion as well.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 23, 2013, 02:35:10 PM

I don't think he gets that kind of money from NE but he may get it somewhere.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 23, 2013, 03:49:06 PM

While that is true - the one that paid stupid money for Wright won't be bidding for Talib.  I hope. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 23, 2013, 03:52:34 PM

While that is true - the one that paid stupid money for Wright won't be bidding for Talib.  I hope.
You can say that again.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib will test free agency market this offseason « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools