Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Brown crazy talk about Bucs Raiders SB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #30 : January 22, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »

they are both disgraces. you played the freaking game guys and you got your ass kicked. plain and simple. callahan didnt throw the game. your the players and you werent the best team on the field.
no team could run or pass on these guys.  they threw the ball 44 times that game only three more than the previous week in the afc championship. they ranked 18th overall that year in rushing and i think 1st in the nfl in passing offense. this is who you guys were....a passing team. and most teams could not run on tampa or pass. we made some great qb's have the worst qb ratings in their primes. you know the defense that crippled the greatest show on turf. you are both bums and for someone like jerry rice who had such a great work ethic to make these comments along with Tim Brown it just makes me wanna spit in his face. because its an insult to this town and our ten year anniversary to even try to discredit a hall of fame defense and a offense that outscored you. we were up by 17 points at half Tim! your gonna throw the ball. go back in your irrelevant hole

exhale, bro!! It's not that serious.

-------------------------------------------------------

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #31 : January 22, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »

We all watched the same game and the Raiders got whipped....period. It was a total beat down. Real simple.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 22, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »

that was a funny show - Chace and Hate come to mind

LMAO....you've saved enough pics of me to know exactly how handsome i am. As for Chace, if you knew anything about him, you'd realize how ridiculous your assumptions are.

I'm sure B Schucher will vouch for that.

LOL! Assumption is beyond ridiculous.

Morgana can relate to "holding men down and taking advantage of their weaknesses"..except she probably injects them with an anesthetic so that she doesn't break a nail during a struggle.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : January 23, 2013, 12:08:47 AM »

they are both disgraces. you played the freaking game guys and you got your ass kicked. plain and simple. callahan didnt throw the game. your the players and you werent the best team on the field.
no team could run or pass on these guys.  they threw the ball 44 times that game only three more than the previous week in the afc championship. they ranked 18th overall that year in rushing and i think 1st in the nfl in passing offense. this is who you guys were....a passing team. and most teams could not run on tampa or pass. we made some great qb's have the worst qb ratings in their primes. you know the defense that crippled the greatest show on turf. you are both bums and for someone like jerry rice who had such a great work ethic to make these comments along with Tim Brown it just makes me wanna spit in his face. because its an insult to this town and our ten year anniversary to even try to discredit a hall of fame defense and a offense that outscored you. we were up by 17 points at half Tim! your gonna throw the ball. go back in your irrelevant hole
+1000
Rice is mad cos this is his lone SB blemish. No Super Joe or Young to throw to him. Brown is mad cause he never won. People always wanted to discredit the Bucs that year. And yet guess what? Oakland beat a beat up Titans team. Philly was better. Green Bay before they got injured was better. It is the height of poor sportsmanship to bring this up now and Brown has just risen to my all time top five hated ex Bucs. Hope he never gets in the Hall.

In Verner We Trust

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #34 : January 23, 2013, 12:10:56 AM »

We all watched the same game and the Raiders got whipped....period. It was a total beat down. Real simple.
that Barrett Robbins went AWOL didn't hurt matters for the Bucs - Just sayin'

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #35 : January 23, 2013, 12:21:56 AM »

Bleep Baskin Robbins and his 31 flavors, Yo. He woulda been UNinSpireD when he ate Rice and got Sapp slapped all day. The Raiders aren't just losers; they're cowards.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #36 : January 23, 2013, 01:21:11 AM »

Well they can whine all they want. The game was played and regardless of what they did or didn't do, they strait up got embarrassed at the big show! Nothing can change that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #37 : January 23, 2013, 01:44:59 AM »

that Barrett Robbins went AWOL didn't hurt matters for the Bucs - Just sayin'

Neither does having their playbook. I've read posts on here about winning with glory and all that BS but neither of those instances diminishes my joy one bit.

-------------------------------------------------------

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #38 : January 23, 2013, 01:50:28 AM »

Amen Hate.

In Verner We Trust

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #39 : January 23, 2013, 07:09:53 AM »

Charlie Garner agrees with Tim Brown, sort of

We may need to put together a scorecard of the former Raiders who disagree and who agree with the suggestion by receiver Tim Brown that former coach Bill Callahan deliberately sabotaged Super Bowl XXXVII by changing the game plan two days before kickoff.

While three teammates who have spoken out so far disagree with Brown (Rich Gannon, Bill Romanowski, Lincoln Kennedy), former Raiders running back Charlie Garner sees a little merit in Brown’s contention.

“There may be something to what Mr. Brown has been saying,” told 97.5 The Fanatic in Philly.  “I really don’t know the validity of which he despised the Raiders but I also know that he didn’t want to be there, too.”

Regardless of the reason, Garner agreed that something happened.  “We came out with another game plan and it just was not what we practiced. . . .  We as an organization and as a team had been through a lot of adversity so we were accustomed to it. Had we just stuck to the original game plan, I believe that we would have been successful.”

If Brown’s goal was to shine a fresh light on a game played a decade ago, Brown has been extremelty successful.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/charlie-garner-agrees-with-tim-brown-sort-of/

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

« #40 : January 23, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »

After the SB we all seen the interviews of Bucs players saying they practiced the Raiders playbook and calling prior to the game. It does seem suspect if a team changes nothing when playing a former coach who knows the in-and-out of their playbook. Edit. Although I am not taking anything back from our win.

blountforcetrauma

Rookie

« #41 : January 23, 2013, 10:20:38 AM »

After the SB we all seen the interviews of Bucs players saying they practiced the Raiders playbook and calling prior to the game. It does seem suspect if a team changes nothing when playing a former coach who knows the in-and-out of their playbook. Edit. Although I am not taking anything back from our win.

The Raiders went into a perfect storm. Monte Kiffen created a defense that is recognized as one of the ten greatest (would be rated higher if it weren't for the fact that Gruden knew the Raiders inside and out. More on this later)
If the Raiders want to lay blame, it's on their arrogance that after they shipped Gruden to us, they never changed word one of their playcalls and offense. Their attitude was that Gruden was so irrevevant they could do it all without him. If they were that ignorant to believe that, when they faced their old coach he wouldn't remember that and coach EVERYTHING about their old team, Gruden couldn't wait to give them an education.
I hope Callahan sues the crap outta Brown and Rice for defamation of character just to make them look more ridiculous.

I\'d rather shower at Penn State than root for Florida State

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #42 : January 23, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »

In the end this is just a bunch of babies playing with what ifs. They can do that all they want but we knocked their teeth in and they got embarrassed in front of everybody. No changing that.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #43 : January 23, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »

When you get behind that badly that quickly of course you have to change your game plan especially if the plan was to run the ball.  I doubt anyone on either side of the ball expected a beat down like that.   I know I didn't.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Brown crazy talk about Bucs Raiders SB « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools