Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garrett and Bennett « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 22, 2013, 02:46:46 PM

*update*

Bennett stated that he wanted to leave Dallas so that he could be the no.1 TE elsewhere...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/3/10/2859025/martellus-bennett-dallas-cowboys-jason-witten

That makes sense.  He'd definitely be the #1 TE option in Tampa, and he's a good blocker as well.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 22, 2013, 02:50:24 PM

I love his production from this year and all, I just dont want to over pay him. I think 7-10 is ok. Anything more is a bad deal and one I feel fans would come back and complain about Dom giving a nother bad deal. I hope he doesnt do it this year again.

I certainly wouldn't put it past Dom to give him something ridiculous like a 4 yr - $25mil deal.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 22, 2013, 02:55:51 PM

I like what Bennett did for us this year but I feel like hes gonna cost too much for us. Were gonna have Clayborn back next year and that means Bennett, Bowers, TN will play less than they did this year. I just dont want to pay him like hes a 10 sack guy. I dont think thats what he is. He played great this year but I dont know if he can ever do that again. I want to resign him and all but I feel like his asking price will be too much.

Balla, I am going to have to respectfully disagree.  I think Bennett has more in the tank.  I believe he played probably close to his potential, but with the players around him improving, he should show up a bit more on the stat sheet next year.  Even if he remains a 9 sack, 3FF guy, I'll take it.  I thought he also showed some good leadership through the comments I read throughout the season, and the play and emotion I saw on the field.  I agree we need to not over pay, but he earned a contract here, I believe. 

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 22, 2013, 02:58:02 PM

As for bringing in Brother Bennett, the TE, I think he may be worth a shot.  Sounds like he turned it up a little bit in NY, and with Garrett on board, he should know what kind of worker Bennett is and what kind of potential he has.  If it happens, I will assume it is for the right reasons, and not much of a stretch.  Just don't over pay.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 22, 2013, 02:58:10 PM

I like what Bennett did for us this year but I feel like hes gonna cost too much for us. Were gonna have Clayborn back next year and that means Bennett, Bowers, TN will play less than they did this year. I just dont want to pay him like hes a 10 sack guy. I dont think thats what he is. He played great this year but I dont know if he can ever do that again. I want to resign him and all but I feel like his asking price will be too much.

Balla, I am going to have to respectfully disagree.  I think Bennett has more in the tank.  I believe he played probably close to his potential, but with the players around him improving, he should show up a bit more on the stat sheet next year.  Even if he remains a 9 sack, 3FF guy, I'll take it.  I thought he also showed some good leadership through the comments I read throughout the season, and the play and emotion I saw on the field.  I agree we need to not over pay, but he earned a contract here, I believe.

I just dont want anything crazy. If he goes on the open market I feel teams will over pay.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 22, 2013, 03:17:59 PM

Bennett's problem in Dallas was being stuck behind Witten. I mean really how much PT will you see?  Fans soured on him because he's goofy - a lot of his you tube videos don't look professional but no one ever questioned his work ethic once he got in the building.

He was always a monster blocker. His receiving production in NY is a bit of a surprise.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

meekerbeastman

Starter

#21 : January 22, 2013, 03:44:02 PM

I would take his bro,

He LOVES CAPTN CRUNCH, IT HIS FAVORITE KINDA LUNCH, LOVES CAPTN CRUNCH

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 22, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

I'm not a big fan of him, but we need a TE that can block and catch to make the offense less predictable. To do that would most likely require a 1st or 2nd round draft pick, unless we get really lucky on a mid round prospect, which is a bigger gamble. The Bucs have a lot of cap space, and it's not my money that they're spending, so might as well pick up Bennett.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 22, 2013, 04:12:09 PM

how much do you think we should pay him?

I would ink him to a 5 year $30-35 million deal. Michael that is....
: January 22, 2013, 04:27:20 PM TampaBucks05

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 22, 2013, 04:24:44 PM

I don't hate him or anything, but I don't think he is very good and I'd hate to see us over pay for him. He hasn't earned a big contract.

As far as Michael goes, he has earned it. He started from the bottom, put in the work, and has earned his pay day. He'll get $7M a year, either from us or some other team. I hope it is us.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 22, 2013, 05:30:29 PM

Bucs need to resign and reel in. The Bennett brothers that is.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 22, 2013, 05:48:41 PM

Bennett the DE is not leaving this team, I could see him getting tagged if they cant sign him long term before FA.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 22, 2013, 05:51:27 PM

How much is the franchise tender for DEs?

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 22, 2013, 06:12:24 PM

I have the feeling Martellus and Gerald will become good friends.....the goofiest pair in the nfl.
: January 22, 2013, 06:14:24 PM CaptainStagger

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 22, 2013, 08:37:22 PM

How much is the franchise tender for DEs?

A little north of $13.4mil, IIRC

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garrett and Bennett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools