Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This has to just infuriate some of you « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 23, 2013, 05:49:24 PM

I guess people just expect guys taken top three to be amazing.
Go figure ...

Tebow was picked lower and expected to be a starter.

His expectations were made pretty high, and he wasn't picked that early. I think it's safe to say McCoy has expectations to meet, being picked the third overall.

I know watt is a bad comparison, but he was also picked lower.

With your posts in this thread, you've topped the list of the dumbest posters on this forum, over GrimmReaper, the guy who said that Ronde Barber never made a probowl, and that other guy who talks about "mah sources."

It's like saying that Ray Lewis was a bad LB because he only got 1.8 interceptions a year, and if you're a LB picked in the first round, you should be more than run stopper.

Sacks by a DT are as irrelevant as interceptions are for LBs. Sure they're nice to have, but it's worthless to judge them by it. The only time they're truly rushing the QB is on 3rd and long.

Even worse are the idiots who want to replace Roy Miller because he brings nothing as a pass rusher.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 23, 2013, 05:56:02 PM

His expectations were made pretty high, and he wasn't picked that early. I think it's safe to say McCoy has expectations to meet, being picked the third overall.
And the important thing to note is that he had an outstanding season and had now started to meet those expectations.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#47 : January 23, 2013, 07:13:27 PM

If Gmac just stays healthy he's gonna make alot more pro bowls. There's no doubt about it dude is a beast. Watch when we get AC back or teams have to worry about one of our DE's Gmac is gonna put up 10 sacks. He's so quick off the ball it's not even funny. For those that can't see that you must not watch the games much. He also barely ever gets pushed around in the run game.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 23, 2013, 07:17:41 PM

I guess people just expect guys taken top three to be amazing.
Go figure ...

Tebow was picked lower and expected to be a starter.

I know watt is a bad comparison, but he was also picked lower.

With your posts in this thread, you've topped the list of the dumbest posters on this forum, over GrimmReaper, the guy who said that Ronde Barber never made a probowl, and that other guy who talks about "mah sources."

It's like saying that Ray Lewis was a bad LB because he only got 1.8 interceptions a year, and if you're a LB picked in the first round, you should be more than run stopper.

Sacks by a DT are as irrelevant as interceptions are for LBs. Sure they're nice to have, but it's worthless to judge them by it. The only time they're truly rushing the QB is on 3rd and long.

Even worse are the idiots who want to replace Roy Miller because he brings nothing as a pass rusher.

This is wrong. When you are running a 4-3 and draft a pass rushing three technique DT 3rd overall.....he absolutely is expected to get sacks. I like you as a poster, but you saying sacks for a 4-3 three technique DT are irrelivent while calling someone else the dumbest poster on these boards is ironic to say the least.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 23, 2013, 07:44:31 PM

When you are running a 4-3 and draft a pass rushing three technique DT 3rd overall.....he absolutely is expected to get sacks.

Careful. That's what I've been saying and half the board throws a hissy fit.  :)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#50 : January 23, 2013, 07:56:18 PM

He's also expected to collapse the pocket so your DEs get sacks as well, not to mention affect the QB's ability to step up, resulting in more picks.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 23, 2013, 08:51:29 PM

Honestly, I just wanted serious talk as to why McCoy is probowl bound.

Go figure someone would start talking smack. Lol.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This has to just infuriate some of you « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools