Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brady apologizes to Ed Reed......Welker's wife issues apology to Ray Lewis « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 23, 2013, 12:38:15 AM

NFL reviewing Tom Brady slide, Brady apologizes to Ed Reed

Baltimore Ravens free safety Ed Reed got hit by Brady's foot during slide

By Aaron WilsonThe Baltimore Sun
4:32 p.m. EST, January 22, 2013

The NFL is reviewing New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's slide in the AFC championship game Sunday night. The former Super Bowl Most Valuable Player raised his leg and struck Ravens free safety Ed Reed.

The league office routinely reviews plays of that nature to determine if any fine will be issued as punishment. Several other plays from the Ravens' 28-13 victory at Gillette Stadium will be looked at, including several big hits that drew personal fouls and others that didn't trigger penalties during the game. Any fine announcements are typically made by Friday afternoon.

Meanwhile, Brady has been in contact with Reed and apologized for what happened.

"Leg is feeling all right, a little sore right now," Reed told 105.7 The Fan in a radio interview Monday. "A little slide kick, you know what I'm saying. It's a tough spot the quarterback's in. I understand Brady's point, him protecting himself. I know he's a great player. I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he's not a dirty player, and emotions get going in the game.

"We talked actually not too long ago, we talked on the phone. He actually reached out to me, texted me. I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds. So, I had to call him. And he's just apologized and whatnot. I told him, 'It's good, man.'"

Ravens strong safety Bernard Pollard has already expressed his opinion on the matter, stating that he thinks the NFL should fine Brady for lifting his right leg and striking Reed in the leg while sliding. Quarterbacks are protected from being hit under the NFL rule book when they go to the ground and slide.

"When you slide, obviously quarterbacks know when they slide, everything is on the ground," Pollard said Monday. "He knew what he was doing. So, I'm the type of player it has to go both ways. It really does. It has to go both ways. Hopefully, the NFL will do something about it. If they don't, that's fine. If they do, that's fine.

"I think for me as a player we all know emotions are on the field. We're going to say things. We're going to do things, but, when it's all said and done, if you want to keep the game clean, if you want to keep this thing going in the right direction, everybody needs to be penalized for their actions."

Ravens coach John Harbaugh was also asked Monday about Brady's slide.

Harbaugh was irate after the play and complained to officials about the lack of a penalty.

"I saw the same thing you saw," Harbaugh said. "I saw the same thing everybody saw, so that would be in the leagues hands. Its pretty straightforward what happened. Im going to leave it up to you guys to make those evaluations and to the league to make that evaluation."

awilson@baltsun.com

twitter.com/RavensInsider

Wes Welker's wife issues apology to Ray Lewis

New England Patriots wide receiver's wife had ripped Ravens inside linebacker

By Aaron WilsonThe Baltimore Sun
12:19 a.m. EST, January 22, 2013

Less than a day after criticizing retiring Ravens star inside linebacker Ray Lewis via a Facebook post, the wife of New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker has issued an apology.

Anna Burns Welker's mea culpa followed her posting the following rip job regarding the retiring former NFL Defensive Player of the Year: "Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

Lewis has actually never been married, though.

And Welker's wife has since deleted the post.

An award-winning bikini model and former Miss Hooters International winner, Anna Burns Welker released an apology statement through Larry Brown Sports: "I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game. It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

Although Wes Welker caught eight passes for 117 yards and a touchdown during the Ravens' 28-13 AFC championship game win that propelled them to the Super Bowler, Welker also had a huge dropped pass on third down in the third quarter.

The Ravens scored 21 unanswered points in the second half after trailing 13-7 at halftime.

A popular fan favorite, Welker is an unrestricted free agent.

awilson@baltsun.com

twitter.com/RavensInsider

Ravens' Smith says Pats fans harassed him about dead brother

Chris Strauss, USA TODAY Sports

6:19p.m. EST January 22, 2013

It's been a day and a half since the Baltimore Ravens beat the New England Patriots to advance to Super Bowl XLVII, but several Ravens players still seem more focused on the Patriots and their fans than on the San Francisco 49ers.

Baltimore's collective disdain for New England was evident prior to the matchup and immediately afterward. On Monday, safety Bernard Pollard called for Tom Brady to be fined for a slide in Sunday's AFC title game because the Patriots quarterback appeared to kick at approaching defenders.

Now wide receiver Torrey Smith apparently is saying some Patriots fans used their team's loss as a reason to disparage Smith and his younger brother Tevin, who was killed in a motorcycle accident in September.

Via @TorreySmith:

Played a lot of games since my brothers death and I never received as many rude tweets after a win than Sunday...yet NE fans cry about class

The vitriol between the players, fan bases and even players' wives has been more brutal than any playoff rivalry in recent memory. And as heartless and inappropriate as some of the barbs directed at Smith likely were, it doesn't make any sense at this point for the Ravens and their players to devote any more attention to New England until the Patriots come to visit M&T Bank Stadium during the 2013 season.

After the San Francisco 49ers beat the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, all the team's players seemed to immediately focus their attention on the Super Bowl, as opposed to Atlanta. And it's understandable that the Ravens' win was more personal, with the team looking to avenge last year's AFC Championship Game loss and strike down whatever remained of the so-called Patriots dynasty, but the window to dwell on the conference win and its aftershocks should probably be closed by now.

There's still plenty of time for the Ravens to get focused on the 49ers. It'll just be a lot easier when they stop thinking about the Patriots.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : January 23, 2013, 01:08:41 AM

Did that arrogant bastid Belicheck say he was sorry fir dissing Tasker by not giving him an interview?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 23, 2013, 01:21:18 AM

This is Welker's wife.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 23, 2013, 01:27:54 AM

Brady was a big **CENSORED** for kicking while sliding.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 23, 2013, 01:41:21 AM

Why do people not own their words? When you put them out there, stand behind them.... don't apologize because its the politically correct thing to do.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 23, 2013, 03:06:38 AM

Hardly looks accidental.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 23, 2013, 03:50:13 AM

Brady's sliding.   Why does Reed feel the need to even be in the picture?    It's his own fault.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 23, 2013, 06:10:13 AM

Future HoFer Brady learned his sliding techniques from the NYY.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 23, 2013, 12:15:07 PM

Hardly looks accidental.

I didn't expect that type of dirty play from Brady.  Very disappointing.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 23, 2013, 01:33:39 PM

This is Welker's wife.

Yep - won Hooters contest - for reasons that can be discerned in the photo you put up. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 23, 2013, 01:58:47 PM

Exactly Dave, nice swinsuit.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

cryptfiend

Starter

#11 : January 23, 2013, 02:08:59 PM

When the Yankees slide, it is intentional, so as to keep the second basemen from breaking their leg (which happens a surprising amount).  Amazing how a foot in the crotch will protect you like that

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 23, 2013, 03:42:00 PM

Exactly Dave, nice swinsuit.
Color is good on her.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 23, 2013, 04:04:20 PM

Brady's sliding.   Why does Reed feel the need to even be in the picture?    It's his own fault.

Your d-baggery never ceases to amaze me.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 23, 2013, 04:15:34 PM

This is Welker's wife.

He obviously married her for her brains.

And her restraint when dealing with the public.

I'm glad they are at least looking into the Brady thing.  Dirtbag needs to be fined heavily, but I think they can't/won't suspend him.  Still want all this **CENSORED** plastered in the news, let the world see what a scummy place that organization has become.  Maybe they'll cut back oin the special treatment they get.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brady apologizes to Ed Reed......Welker's wife issues apology to Ray Lewis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools