Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jake Long reportedly lowballed by Miami Dolphins « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 24, 2013, 12:21:03 PM

There is a reason they don't want to pay him top Tackle $...cause he isn't a top T. No thanks. Dude will be Doug Free 2.0. Gets a big deal from someone, and then will play average-below average football.

Once again, no thanks.

jake long to doug free?  i dont see that.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 24, 2013, 12:38:54 PM

There is a reason they don't want to pay him top Tackle $...cause he isn't a top T. No thanks. Dude will be Doug Free 2.0. Gets a big deal from someone, and then will play average-below average football.

Once again, no thanks.

jake long to doug free?  i dont see that.
You didn't see him getting beat like a drum this season? Could be injuries but he's been mediocre for the last two seasons. No wonder why the guy that drafted him #1 overall is low balling him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 24, 2013, 01:25:13 PM

You didn't see him getting beat like a drum this season?

nah, but i didnt watch either guy play.  i just find it hard to believe that jake long is on doug free's level.  ill pay attention this coming season.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 24, 2013, 05:23:22 PM

You didn't see him getting beat like a drum this season?

nah, but i didnt watch either guy play.  i just find it hard to believe that jake long is on doug free's level.  ill pay attention this coming season.

Well, I was using Free as an example of an OT who got a fat check and played like sh*t afterward. That's what I see happening with Long...but the difference is, Long isn't playing well prior to his deal...at least Free had a decent season right before his suckage arrived.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : January 24, 2013, 05:39:50 PM

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 24, 2013, 05:58:36 PM

Well, I was using Free as an example of an OT who got a fat check and played like sh*t afterward. That's what I see happening with Long...but the difference is, Long isn't playing well prior to his deal...at least Free had a decent season right before his suckage arrived.

i realize its not everything, but the guy has 4 probowls in 5 years?  3 voted as the starter?  maybe he just had 1 injury plagued season while playing in a new system with a rookie QB?

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 24, 2013, 06:00:40 PM

Living off name? I mean look at maurkice pouncey, he's probably going to go to like 8 straight pro bowls and continued to be overrated.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 24, 2013, 06:02:57 PM

i realize its not everything, but the guy has 4 probowls in 5 years?  3 voted as the starter?  maybe he just had 1 injury plagued season while playing in a new system with a rookie QB?

As an offensive lineman....sometimes reputation can get you voted to the probowl over performance. "Oh, Jake Long was the #1 over pick a few years ago...obvious choice there.."

Prime example of this is our very own Davin Joseph. Dude played like crap last year...and still made the Pro Bowl. I'll give long credit for having a first team All-Pro and second team All-Pro selection since those are harder to come by...but the pro bowls...meh.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 24, 2013, 06:12:11 PM

i just find it difficulty to believe he went from on a the best LT's in the game to very poor this quickly, at his age.  i would think its more injury related if anything.  but maybe something did wash him up.  id love to get him at a solid price.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : January 24, 2013, 06:17:31 PM

Dude had a torn bicep and torn tricep.    I don't see how he can't recover from those and be great again.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jake Long reportedly lowballed by Miami Dolphins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools