Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Women in combat? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 28, 2013, 10:25:54 AM

If any group of women can qualify for special forces...then put these qualified women together in their own special forces group...separate from a men's special forces group....and send them into harms way. 

Like I said, send only women and gays to finish up the war in Iraq.   That will really piss off those towel heads.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 28, 2013, 10:29:59 AM

I don't agree with it until I look at the big picture. Men around are not rushing into the armed services to be in infantry. Most go for support. For those who sign up for infantry there are some who don't make it. If the standards are not changed I don't have a problem with it. If they do change the standards that is a cause for concern. I don't see a lot women beating down the door to be infantry.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 28, 2013, 10:44:50 AM

" It's a privacy issue...relieving one's self in front of your comrades...personal hygiene...etc."

I would much rather relieve myself in front of a women than I would another man.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 28, 2013, 12:36:45 PM

I don't agree with it until I look at the big picture. Men around are not rushing into the armed services to be in infantry. Most go for support. For those who sign up for infantry there are some who don't make it. If the standards are not changed I don't have a problem with it. If they do change the standards that is a cause for concern. I don't see a lot women beating down the door to be infantry.

It is not if, but when. The standards have already been dropped for non combat roles, what makes you think this will be any different?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 29, 2013, 12:34:22 AM

" It's a privacy issue...relieving one's self in front of your comrades...personal hygiene...etc."

I would much rather relieve myself in front of a women than I would another man.

Golden Shower?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 29, 2013, 09:10:01 AM

"In front of" is not "on."

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 29, 2013, 01:44:45 PM

So, does this mean women will be able to attempt Ranger school? And, if so, will they have to meet the same 90% PT standards (like 65 p/u's, 75 s/u's, 13 min 2mile run) like incoming males have to, to even enter Ranger school?

Now, if the women are given a more leniant guideline for attending/completing Ranger school, shlt will hit the fan.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 29, 2013, 02:15:17 PM

So, does this mean women will be able to attempt Ranger school? And, if so, will they have to meet the same 90% PT standards (like 65 p/u's, 75 s/u's, 13 min 2mile run) like incoming males have to, to even enter Ranger school?

Now, if the women are given a more leniant guideline for attending/completing Ranger school, shlt will hit the fan.

They may have the same standards to begin with. But when some Congressman presents a report that only 3% or whatever women pass the selection process, and there are only 1% of women in the Ranger Battalions, I am sure steps will be taken to have a more balanced dynamic as it pertains to how the genders are representative of the country at large. It doesn't take Albert Einstein to figure out what those steps will be.
: January 29, 2013, 02:27:06 PM spartan

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 29, 2013, 06:25:51 PM

Why will it hit the fan?    Our country already has laws that give more lenient guidelines for certain individuals.   It's called Affirmative Action.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 30, 2013, 02:55:26 PM

Well I see the IDF has had women fully integrated into combat roles for a few decades and I don't recall Israel losing any wars

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 30, 2013, 08:26:23 PM

I don't recall Israel losing any wars

Who have they ever fought that was a worthy opponent?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 30, 2013, 08:48:03 PM

The Phillistines ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 30, 2013, 09:01:23 PM

The Egypt - Israeli was thought to be such a conflict.  While the outcome was found in 6 days - much of that was due to Israeli decision making.  Fact is the Israeli armed forces are formidable when unrestrained. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 30, 2013, 09:15:35 PM

What are we building the Roman Legions here? If they can aim and fire a rifle straight then what does strength matter?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 31, 2013, 01:20:09 AM

What are we building the Roman Legions here? If they can aim and fire a rifle straight then what does strength matter?

There are other more important things they should be doing.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Women in combat? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools