Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It’s hard to see the Bucs – or any team –acquiring Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #30 : January 25, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »

Hypothetically, if we traded for Revis and signed him to a long term deal...he, Penn, Nicks, Jospeh, Jackson, and Penn would account for 50% of our entire salary cap. That's six guys taking half of the money...and none of those five guys are a QB. That is a recipe for disaster.

For $12M-$14M we could sign three or four very good players that would significantly help our team, and we wouldn't be giving up a 1st round pick to get them.

joseph and penn probably come off the books soon, and jackson not long after.  might as well make a run for it now.

also, while normally i would agree with the multiple players, i think in this instance revis is just what we need.  team revis with a 2nd round CB and we have our roster pretty complete.

That is just TOO MUCH for this team.
I could see a team that was just a player or two away taking the chance but the Bucs aren't that close.

that is too much for any team...but unfortunately its the direction of the NFL.  and i guess im different...because i think we are only a player or 2 away...with a little scheme tweak.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #31 : January 25, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »

im different...because i think we are only a player or 2 away...with a little scheme tweak.

Man, do I sure hope you are right!
IMO, the arrow is certainly pointing up but there's still significant room to grow.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #32 : January 25, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »

He won't get 14m from anyone. But I would make him the highest paid CB, no doubt. He's more than worth it.

Revis' last contract from four years ago averaged $11.5M.

Nnamdi's contract from three years ago averaged $12M.

Slightly above average guys like Finnegan, Grimes, and Dunta Robinson are averaging over $10M a year now. We gave weak ass Eric Wrong a contract that averages $7.5M just last year and he's not even considered a #1 cornerback!

If you don't believe Revis will demand and get something that averages $13M to $14M a year, you are not being realistic. Salaries go up every year and he isn't going to settle for what he got four years ago or Nnamdi got three years ago.
« : January 25, 2013, 05:34:01 PM JDouble »

Draft Aaron Donald

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #33 : January 25, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »

He won't get 14m from anyone. But I would make him the highest paid CB, no doubt. He's more than worth it.

Revis' last contract from four years ago averaged $11.5M.

Nnamdi's contract from three years ago averaged $12M.

Slightly above average guys like Finnegan, Grimes, and Dunta Robinson are averaging over $10M a year now. We gave weak ass Eric Wrong a contract that averages $7.5M just last year and he's not even considered a #1 cornerback!

If you don't believe Revis will demand and get something that averages $13M to $14M a year, you are not being realistic. Salaries go up every year and he isn't going to settle for what he got four years ago or Nnamdi got three years ago.

He's STILL not gonna get 14mill. He's coming off a major injury, nobody will give him that. He might get more bonuses and stuff based on performances, but he won't get 14 IMO

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #34 : January 25, 2013, 05:41:23 PM »

Nobody is going to trade for him without having a new deal agreed upon, so he'll get exactly what he wants or he will just block the trade from happening by refusing a new deal, stay put, and become a 28 year old free agent in 2014.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #35 : January 25, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »

Either way, he won't get 14 mill per year. Whether now via trade or as a FA in 2014

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #36 : January 25, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »

Ok. I provided facts that say otherwise....but your word is law, so sure.

Draft Aaron Donald

HolyBuc

Starter
« #37 : January 25, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »

28 year old All Pro players are not made available very often. Especially at position the Bucs so desperately need.

Teams always manage the cap. 

Why the rumor of teams lining up for a shot at Revis?  He is a difference maker.  If 7.5 million gets you Eric Wright, then Revis could be worth 15 million. 

Buc fans are going to be shocked at what Talib signs for this off season.   I personally think the Jets will find away to keep him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #38 : January 25, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »

I'd even think long and hard about giving him the 14mill....he's the best corner in the entire game for christsakes....
« : January 25, 2013, 06:57:17 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

HolyBuc

Starter
« #39 : January 25, 2013, 06:16:28 PM »

I truly believe the only way we are getting good FA right now is to over pay.  Nicks and Jackson were overpaid, but Jackson made it worth it.  Hopefully Nicks will do the same this year.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #40 : January 25, 2013, 07:43:54 PM »

Nicks and VJax were not overpaid. Heck I expected both of them to cost a whole lot more.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #41 : January 25, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »

Nicks and VJax were not overpaid. Heck I expected both of them to cost a whole lot more.

They were paid what they deserved , which is what you will have to pay Reavis also if you want him - what he deserves.

I love how frugal some Bucs fans can be with the Glazers' money. Hugh Culverhouse is somewhere smiling up from hell . He trained you well.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #42 : January 25, 2013, 08:04:07 PM »

“ If 7.5 million gets you Eric Wright, then Revis could be worth 15 million. "

And if he was ten times as good, would he be worth 150 million a year? At some point, it stops being about price and starts being about value.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #43 : January 25, 2013, 08:22:37 PM »

At some point, it stops being about price and starts being about value.

good point.  and even at that salary, could revis be value?  he is the best player at our only serious position of need.  he shows the fanbase the glazers want to win, and he should help fill the stadium.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #44 : January 25, 2013, 08:46:57 PM »

You can trot a healthy Reavis out on the field and Julio Jones is done for the day . Fineto. Have a nice day and see you next time.

That's value in my book.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It’s hard to see the Bucs – or any team –acquiring Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools