Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question re: Schiano's LB Scheme « previous next »
Page: 1

Dy-nasty D

Starter
: January 25, 2013, 09:55:46 AM

Does anybody know enough about Schiano's defensive scheme to know if the Bucs would ever draft a pass rushing SLB high in the draft?

We knew it wasn't going to happen in Kiffin's scheme, so I never even considered those type of LBs getting drafted by the Bucs in the past. There was, however, chatter about that kind of LB during the Raheem years.

Thoughts?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 25, 2013, 10:02:24 AM

Typically those style players are used in a 3-4. We don't use a 3-4 and i'm happy we don't.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 25, 2013, 10:06:38 AM

I would like to see stats on how much we blitz so we can continue to stop the pass rush debate.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 26, 2013, 08:44:31 PM

Remembering back to last pre-season, there was consideration/evaluation going on from Schiano & co as to whether Mason Foster was "their" MLB. After a season in Sheridan's D, they might see a LB in this draft they really like and move Foster to SLB. Not sure who is available, just sayin' it's a possibility... 

Buc45

Starter

#4 : January 26, 2013, 10:31:32 PM

If this was the case, then they need to bounce on Alec Ogletree... Last year I was all over Luke Kuechly and Lavonte David for how great they played on tape...  This year, the same goes for Ogletree. He is 6'3, 240 lbs and is just a freakish athlete that makes plays all over the field.  Too talented to pass up...BPA as #13.  We would end up with eventually the best LB corps in the NFL.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 26, 2013, 11:37:23 PM

I think the only way we ever spend a high pick on a SAM is if there is a Von Miller type freak staring us in the face. The SAM just isn't on the field enough to be important enough for a high pick.

Draft Aaron Donald

Buc45

Starter

#6 : January 27, 2013, 11:06:01 AM

I wouldn't mind picking Ogletree and moving him to MLB and Foster to SLB

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 27, 2013, 11:22:00 AM

Kevin Minter looks like a very good MLB prosect. He might of fell to us in the 2nd round if Teo wasn't such a moron, but now he'll probably be selected in the first round.

I'm not sold on Foster, but I don't think he's bad either. I would think he should get a 3rd year to see what he can be before we consider moving him to Sam and replacing him.

Draft Aaron Donald

Buck N Up

Starter

#8 : January 27, 2013, 11:40:05 AM

Another good prospect is Michael Clay could be had had on day 3 probably.

HolyBuc

Starter
#9 : January 27, 2013, 11:44:38 AM

Dion Jordan at SAM would be very interesting pick.  I want an athletic freak on this team. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 27, 2013, 12:08:37 PM

Buck n up.....I really like Michael Clay. He's projected as a late round prospect but I think it is mostly because he is 5'11". If he was 6'2" he'd be taken in the first couple rounds imo. I'd love to see us pick him up late as long as he is really 5'11". If he's even shorter than that....kinda hard to take him seriously at the next level.

Draft Aaron Donald

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 27, 2013, 12:30:38 PM

Foster is the mlb of this team, is this a routine with you guys, you said the same thing about mike will last year his second year. the guy made rb's pay for coming his way and so has David, neither one was good in coverage.

Buck N Up

Starter

#12 : January 27, 2013, 02:35:48 PM

Buck n up.....I really like Michael Clay. He's projected as a late round prospect but I think it is mostly because he is 5'11". If he was 6'2" he'd be taken in the first couple rounds imo. I'd love to see us pick him up late as long as he is really 5'11". If he's even shorter than that....kinda hard to take him seriously at the next level.

Agreed 100% I didn't see his height till after I watched video of him. He without a shadow of a doubt plays bigger then his size, I saw 1 site saying he can either bulk up another 10-15 pounds & stay at his position or he can be put at FS, which would be a nice little option either way.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question re: Schiano's LB Scheme « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools