Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So how does Small Business feel « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 31, 2013, 03:20:26 PM

Without watching it I can see just from the word Zeitgeist in the title that that video will be fully of inaccuracies and and outright falsehoods.

some of it yes. Most of the early stuff is just a breakdown of how the banking and financial systems work in simple terms. There some stuff that's not 100% accurate or overly simplified, but for the most part pretty accurate.  Once it gets further into it it becomes more about conspiracy and more agenda driven and thats where youll see more falsehoods, or stretching of truths and facts.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 31, 2013, 03:28:01 PM

Okay it only took 8 minutes into that video before my bovine feces detector went off.

The Fed. Reserve has NEVER directly purchased ANY bonds from the Treasury The FRB has ONLY purchased T-bill, notes, and bonds in the open secondary market thru an exchange.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 31, 2013, 04:42:22 PM

One who can't see that social issues have a direct impact on the economy is truly missing the point entirely.

And one who doesn't realize they have to be paid for is a step away from reality.

Putting the merits of the various social and entitlement programs aside, if you run out of funding, the program will die and nobody will get anything.

Obama is implementing policy without much real thought of how it will be paid for. He is leaving that for someone else to figure out down the road.

Kinda like the Bush tax cuts?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 31, 2013, 04:54:02 PM

One who can't see that social issues have a direct impact on the economy is truly missing the point entirely.

And one who doesn't realize they have to be paid for is a step away from reality.

Putting the merits of the various social and entitlement programs aside, if you run out of funding, the program will die and nobody will get anything.

Obama is implementing policy without much real thought of how it will be paid for. He is leaving that for someone else to figure out down the road.

Sort of. Except they cost less over a decade  than Obama's additional annual spending.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : January 31, 2013, 05:16:44 PM

Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_Job_(film)

I'm sure you can find it on YouTube.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 31, 2013, 09:01:19 PM

Sort of. Except they cost less over a decade  than Obama's additional annual spending.

Ah I see, so as long as it costs less than Obama's "additional spending", then you're okay with it. It's not deficits that concern you, just Obama's deficits. Gotcha.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 31, 2013, 09:08:35 PM

Ah, that is not what Spartan said. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 01, 2013, 12:39:37 PM

Ḷotś of us are in business and do what JG did all the time, hell sometimes on napkins. it just shows to go you that we need to put more business types managing our nations finances in place rather than professional politicians who are trained  ex lawyers whose main skill is to argue and constipate a process with no resolution. No lawyer hate here on my side, I work with them all the time, that said, MOST of our politicians do NOT come from entreprenurial backgrounds and simply stated they rely on what they know and do well ,,,,,,,argue a point to death.
Ironically Obama aka, the constitutional lawyer, has financially benefited big cat CEO's more the GWB aka the 'Oil Man'.
Not an endorsement for Obama, just pointing out that a presidents educational/experiences have little to do with social economics

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So how does Small Business feel « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools