Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Sean Smith is likely to reach free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 27, 2013, 08:35:46 PM

If we managed to sign Smith and Cason, and a DT..... We would go into the draft with no glaring needs and could truly go BPA with no pressure to reach for any specific position.

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 27, 2013, 08:39:22 PM

If we managed to sign Smith and Cason, and a DT..... We would go into the draft with no glaring needs and could truly go BPA with no pressure to reach for any specific position.

They may need a LB if Black is done.  But I wouldn't call it a glaring need.  Hayward could assume the starting spot.  Maybe pick up a late rounder.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 27, 2013, 08:41:55 PM

i'd sign cason, force wright to take a pay cut and draft a CB early.  Cason, Wright and rookie corner are our top 3 guys.  LJ is our dime.  Gaitor and Biggers fight for 5th spot. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 27, 2013, 08:44:11 PM

i'd sign cason, force wright to take a pay cut and draft a CB early.  Cason, Wright and rookie corner are our top 3 guys.  LJ is our dime.  Gaitor and Biggers fight for 5th spot.

Not a bad plan, but I think Wright has worn out his welcome.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 27, 2013, 08:48:41 PM

Wright needs to go. We can spend that $7+ million on a guy like Sean Smith.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 27, 2013, 08:51:16 PM

They couldn't really "force" him to take a paycut.  They can make an offer, but he seems the type of guy to give Dom a big F-you.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 27, 2013, 08:53:05 PM

I hope Tampa can get Cason or Smith, I want to see Lane Johnson in a Bucs uniform. Trade back into the 1st to get the top corner or sit and wait for a good 2nd rounder.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#52 : January 28, 2013, 12:49:05 AM

I hope Tampa can get Cason or Smith, I want to see Lane Johnson in a Bucs uniform. Trade back into the 1st to get the top corner or sit and wait for a good 2nd rounder.

Cason and Smith have similar measureables.  Age, and height are close.

PFF has Cason rated well below Smith though.   Only Jammer and  Cassious Vaughn are rated lower than Cason.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#53 : January 28, 2013, 05:25:36 AM

They couldn't really "force" him to take a paycut.  They can make an offer, but he seems the type of guy to give Dom a big F-you.

Sure they could. After his adderall suspension if he doesn't we could cut him & not owe a dime.

Go Bucs

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 28, 2013, 08:25:39 AM

Sure they could. After his adderall suspension if he doesn't we could cut him & not owe a dime.

I understand that, but his choice would be sign a lowball offer, or become a free agent again.  And I am saying he most likely becomes a free agent again.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#55 : January 28, 2013, 09:05:54 AM

Everyone realizes we can cut him and not owe him anything. That has nothing to do with making him take a pay cut. The two things are not related in any way.

We don't need to keep that idiot anyways, even if it were at a lower cost.

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 28, 2013, 04:29:44 PM

Everyone realizes we can cut him and not owe him anything. That has nothing to do with making him take a pay cut. The two things are not related in any way.

We don't need to keep that idiot anyways, even if it were at a lower cost.

Agree.  It's not like he is Revis.  Sign a free agent CB, draft one, and have Leonard, Biggers, and Gaiter as backups.  I think Wright is cut loose, and Dom may not even make an offer to resign him at any cost.  He will sign on somewhere for peanuts.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#57 : January 28, 2013, 05:33:43 PM

TE would still be a glaring need.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 28, 2013, 05:55:55 PM

I think we have a good chance to get Bennett's bro here.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#59 : January 28, 2013, 06:10:43 PM

I think we have a good chance to get Bennett's bro here.

Or if you land the corners but can't land the free agent TE , I actually wouldn't mind Tyler Eifert at 13 like Kiper predicted. Eifert is a stud.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Sean Smith is likely to reach free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools