Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Cowboys « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Gullfer1

Second String
« : January 26, 2013, 08:03:12 AM »

Cowboys hire Rich Bisaccia to coach special teams
Jan
   1/25/2013 5:38:57 PM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore

Rich Bisaccia has officially left Auburn and will become the Cowboys’ new special teams coordinator, the Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News reports.

“Rich had an offer that he felt he could not turn down and we wish him nothing but the best,” Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said Friday in a statement.

The Cowboys had zeroed in on Bisaccia to be their new special teams coordinator but had to deal with a hefty buyout in Bisaccia’s Auburn contract.

Bisaccia, 52, coached the San Diego Chargers special teams the last two seasons after spending the previous nine seasons coaching with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Cowboys also interviewed former Buffalo Bills special teams coordinator Bruce DeHaven and former Tennessee Titans special teams coordinator Alan Lowry for the job. Both had previously coached for the Cowboys.

Bisaccia was hired Jan. 3 to be Auburn’s assistant coach in charge of special teams and running backs

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 26, 2013, 08:10:47 AM »

Jason Garrett has got to be getting nervous about his job and looking over his shoulder.

----------------------------------------

There's a 50/50 chance Jon Gruden is the Cowboys' coach by 2014

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130125-bob-sturm-there-s-a-5050-chance-jon-gruden-is-the-cowboys-coach-by-2014.ece

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #2 : January 26, 2013, 08:37:54 AM »

Jason Garrett has got to be getting nervous about his job and looking over his shoulder.

----------------------------------------

There's a 50/50 chance Jon Gruden is the Cowboys' coach by 2014

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130125-bob-sturm-there-s-a-5050-chance-jon-gruden-is-the-cowboys-coach-by-2014.ece
Who should be nervous are the Cowboy fans.  I was happy when JG came to the Bucs and happier when he got us a ring and even happier when he got canned.  I was so sick of dinking and dunking with 100yr old vets. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 26, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »

I'd like to see Gruden come back and see what he can do w/ an owner willing to spend money.

I'm no big Gruden fan when he was our coach, even less as a broadcaster.  But it would make a decent story if he returns as a HC of America's Team.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 26, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »

"But it would make a decent story if he returns as a HC of America's Team."

Oh, don't worry, it's a story you're going to hear about endlessly. And each mention of Gruden and the Cowboys will be repeated here by people claiming they don't want to hear about it, yet remain glued to the set for every SportsCenter, and comb the net for every crumb they can find on He Who They Do Not Wish To Hear About. There will be stories of media conspiracy and rumours of media conspiracy. And each retelling shall be accompanied by a pitiful wailing, a furious gnashing of teeth, and a dramatic rending of garments. And through each Gruden and the Cowboys thread will ride the fifth horseman of the apocalypse, Java.

You're gonna love it.

« : January 26, 2013, 12:40:23 PM Illuminator »

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 26, 2013, 12:46:46 PM »

I liked Gruden while he was in Tampa but was not sad to see him leave.  It was time for a change.
IMO, there was a difference of opinion regarding the future of the franchise and the decision was made to move on.

Personally, I'd like to see Gruden back in the game as a coach.  I think that's where he belongs.
I'd be most curious to see how he handles his next team.  Did he learn any lessons from his current job and his time away from the sidelines?

I think Dallas would be a good fit for him.  With the Cowboys, Gruden would have a familiar staff in place and would likely be able to win quickly.
I do agree with those above who mentioned the seemingly endless stream of "Gruden-watch" segments that would be produced by media outlets.
It would be nauseating but I stopped watching shows like that years ago so it wouldn't bother me as much.

Turn the page.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 26, 2013, 01:00:17 PM »

PR ought to do themselves a favor and just start a Gruden and the Cowboys forum as soon as the news is announced.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 26, 2013, 01:01:09 PM »

I don't think its JG that Garrett should be worried about. To me this is setting up perfectly for Lovie Smith to take over that job next year if Jason struggles again.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 26, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »

I liked Gruden while he was in Tampa but was not sad to see him leave.  It was time for a change.

I think most of the fanbase was in that boat, with a small percentage in the fringe hater/lover of Gruden.
« : January 26, 2013, 01:04:43 PM Biggs3535 »

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 26, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »

Dallas should have hired Gruden the day after the Glazers fired him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 26, 2013, 01:10:53 PM »

Tampa West

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

HolyBuc

Starter
« #11 : January 26, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »

PR ought to do themselves a favor and just start a Gruden and the Cowboys forum as soon as the news is announced.

Best idea I have heard in a long time.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 26, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

I'd like to see Gruden come back and see what he can do w/ an owner willing to spend money.

What an absolutely absurd statement. We spent the maximum cap every year while Gruden was here. We just spent it all on washed up vets.

Draft Aaron Donald

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 26, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »

What an absolutely absurd statement. We spent the maximum cap every year while Gruden was here. We just spent it all on washed up vets.

Gruden was GONE at the end of the 2004 season???
ManU purchased in 2005, no OUTSIDE spending 'til 2012

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 26, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »

You still yapping, little dog? Run along and fetch your master.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Cowboys « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools