Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wonder how the Glazers feel « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #15 : May 10, 2014, 06:04:03 PM »

I'll tell you how they feel...GREAT!!!!!

So do I.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Diabolitio

Rookie

« #16 : May 10, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »

Manziel (and Bridgewater) will be on a "where are they now" list 5 years from now. Bortles and Carr are the only ones taken in the first 2 rounds that "look the part" of franchise NFL QBs, and to be honest....I'm not sold on their long term success either. Our franchise made the right decision passing on the QBs in this draft class.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #17 : May 10, 2014, 07:00:56 PM »

that is true UFO - I sometimes wonder if anyone knows how players will turn out

Any football evaluator is going to struggle figuring out if some players will be successful.  Manziel is not one of them.  He is going to be horrible from the jump and those that dont see it should agree to quietly bow out of the evaluation game once he's done in 18 mod or so.

BP1

Pro Bowler

« #18 : May 10, 2014, 07:09:30 PM »

If the Glazers only cared about ticket sales they would have signed Tim Tebow. All the local Gators fans would have bought lots of tickets.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #19 : May 10, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »

I didn't care about Manziel, and still don't have an opinion about him as I haven't seen him play enough to have formed one.  But truly 10lbass - I hope he succeeds beyond his wildest dreams just so you can talk about him less. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #20 : May 10, 2014, 07:16:54 PM »

I didn't care about Manziel, and still don't have an opinion about him as I haven't seen him play enough to have formed one.  But truly 10lbass - I hope he succeeds beyond his wildest dreams just so you can talk about him less.

He's the perfect example of a great college player that has no business in the pros.  I'm sorry you can't see it.  Anytime I hear Casserly, Cossel or Peter King say something to the effect ".........he's going to be an exciting player but the offense is going to have to be tweaked and tailored to his game." That's when you know you have a player that has no chance.  Defense is too quick and DC's are too crafty for his amateur ways. 

SoDakBuc

Starter

« #21 : May 10, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »

Manziel (and Bridgewater) will be on a "where are they now" list 5 years from now. Bortles and Carr are the only ones taken in the first 2 rounds that "look the part" of franchise NFL QBs, and to be honest....I'm not sold on their long term success either. Our franchise made the right decision passing on the QBs in this draft class.

Bridgewater will have success, simply because of the scheme. Norv Turner likes the dink and dunk. That and Adrian Peterson? I think he'll be okay for a couple of years at least.

As far as the rest go, Bortles is the only QB that is NFL ready. Hopefully, Jacksonville can amount to something for a change.

I still believe that McCarron will do well when given the opportunity.

“The difference between a successful team and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : May 10, 2014, 07:19:09 PM »

He's the perfect example of a great college player that has no business in the pros.  I'm sorry you can't see it.  Anytime I hear Casserly, Cossel or Peter King say something to the effect ".........he's going to be an exciting player but the offense is going to have to be tweaked and tailored to his game." That's when you know you have a player that has no chance.  Defense is too quick and DC's are too crafty for his amateur ways.
That's some of what you have repeated over and over. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #23 : May 10, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »

YOU KILLED CHACE!!!!  :o

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 10, 2014, 07:21:31 PM »

YOU KILLED CHACE!!!!  :o

He'll be back in 3 months.  Good on his bet!

SoDakBuc

Starter

« #25 : May 10, 2014, 07:21:41 PM »

Talking heads in the media are idiots. Any good coach will tweak their gameplan to fit their player's strengths. BUT I agree, one good pop and he's as good as done. He won't be able to run around like that in the NFL. Vick is the only player like that who has had any success. Manziel is no Vick.

“The difference between a successful team and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #26 : May 10, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »

If you recall.  The Derrick Brooks led Bucs figured out Vick and he's had marginal success since. 
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wonder how the Glazers feel « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools