Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#180 : March 08, 2013, 01:53:46 PM

Who knows what he means. "elite" is the most over used word in the English language.... And epic. Both words should be banned.

agree on 2 of the 3 points.  doubt holder knows what elite means...i bet he'd write an article how keenan lewis and derek cox are elite.  but i would hate to see the word banned.

epic?  yes, please ban that.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#181 : March 12, 2013, 09:58:20 AM

Well I got 6 hours till FA kicks off, so I'm gonna do one last dream scenario. The Revis deal is dead as far as I am concerned. The fact that the Jets aren't letting Revis and his agent talk directly with teams is a deal breaker for me. If the deal isn't dead, it should be.

Free Agency

Start off by releasing Eric Wright and doing an injury settlement with Quincy Black. This should give us roughly $44M in cap space.

Resign Mike Williams.

Sign Dashon Goldson to be our starting FS.

Sign Brent Grimes and Derek Cox.

Match Greenbay's Tender for Sam Shields. Give up our 2nd round pick and give him a long term deal.

Sign RT Eric Winston to start at RT.

Sign DT Terrence Knighton to start at NT.

Sign Victor Butler to start at Sam.

Sign Dan Conner as depth for all three LB spots.

DRAFT

Trade way back in the first to the very end of the 1st round, or even the out of the 1st round entirely to the top of the 2nd round....gain a second pick in the 2nd round.

Late 1st/Early 2nd Round - DE Tank Carridine - As much as I hate the idea of drafting another defensive lineman with injury issues, I think Tank is worth it. Personally I believe he is the best 4-3 DE in this draft and it's a great pick in the 2nd round. With Bennett leaving, we need another DE.

2nd Round (Original pick) - Given to Greenbay for Sam Shields

2nd Round (Gained from trading back) - TE Gavin Escobar - Tight End is a need and Escobar fits that need as well as BPA at this pick. He is not the greatest blocker, but he isn't horrible at it and had gone on record saying that he is willing and able, just needs more coaching and practice. As a receiver, he rivals Eifert as the best in this class. He's 6'6" with long arms and big hands.

3rd Round - WR Stedman Bailey - Bailey is the ideal slot receiver for us. He is a bit undersized, but he runs crisp routes and has the most natural hands of anyone in this draft. He may only be 5'10" but his hands and arms measured in as some of the largest of all WRs in the draft. His body control is elite. He gets open and doesn't drop balls. Exactly what you need on 3rd and 5 to keep the drive going.

3rd Round - CB Robert Alford or CB Leon McFadden - I really like both of these guys and think they are underrated. I personally think they are better than many guys I see ranked above them and I would be ecstatic to get either one in the 3rd round. I propose we trade our two 4th round picks here to move back up into the 3rd and get one of these fellows. Even though I think we get two CBs in free agency, we can use another. Alford gets a slight edge because he is a good kick returner as well.

5th Round - RB Dennis Johnson or RB Zac Stacey - These two guys are almost identical to me and probably my two favorite RB prospects in the draft. Last year Doug Martin was listed as a 4th round pick until Febuary, then he climbed the boards and the rest is history. I hope at least one of these two guys stays put and is available this late. Both guys are in the mold of Martin. Short, compact, great balance and quickness. Plus they are both all around backs like Martin. Both are proven in pass protection and as receivers. Johnson gets the edge because he is also an outstanding kick returner.

6th Round - WR Mark Harrison - Big target that could be a steal. Plus he is a Rutgers guy. At 6'4" 230lbs he provides good depth on the outside.

7th Round - DE Mike Catapano - Princeton?! Really?! I know....but this guy can play. I think he is at least as good as Teo' Neisam and maybe better. I don't think starter, but very good depth. The guy is strong like bull, plays nasty and is very smart.

Undrafted Free Agents:

TE DC Jefferson
OLB Jayson DiManche
LB Jon Major
CB A.J. Bouye
RB Robbie Rouse

[/quote]

Roster

QB - Josh Freeman, Orvlasky
RB - Doug Martin, Dennis Johnson, Robbie Rouse
FB - Eric Lorig
TE - Gavin Escobar, Luke Stocker, DC Jefferson
WR - Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Stedman Bailey, Mark Harrison
OT - Donald Penn, Eric Winston, Demar Dotson,
OG - Carl Nicks, Davin Jospeh, Desmond Wynn
C - Jeremy Zuttah, Ted Larsen

DT - Gerald McCoy, Terrence Knighton, Gary Gibson, Matthew Massifilo
DE - Adrian Clayborn, DaQuan Bowers, Tank Carradine, Mike Catapano, Daniel Teo Nieshem
WLB - Lavonte David, Jayson DiManche
ILB - Mason Foster, Dan Conner, Adam Hayward
SLB - Victor Butler, Dekoda Watson
CB - Sam Shields, Brent Grimes, Derek Cox, Leon McFadden, Leonard Johnson, Anthony Gaitor
S - Mark Barron, Dashon Goldson, Ahmad Black, Cody Grimm
: March 12, 2013, 10:05:52 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#182 : March 12, 2013, 10:01:14 AM

Pass on Winston and Connor. And we have to spend some of that cap money signing a free agent De or resigning mike Bennett.

Other than that, not bad.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#183 : March 12, 2013, 10:06:56 AM

I have us drafting two DEs and signing a pass rusher SAM in Victor Butler....so I don't think we'd need to sign a FA DE.

Dan Conner is basically an Adam Hayward clone. He's cheap and he is a solid player that can play all three LB spots. Great value there.

Draft Aaron Donald

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#184 : March 12, 2013, 10:12:00 AM

When you have the oppurtunity(cap room/available free agents) to go after an elite pass rusher, it would be a massive failure to not sign one of those guys.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#185 : March 12, 2013, 10:55:50 AM

Not a fan of Victor Butler. I don't see him being any better than Hayward would be.

The CB acquisitions are decent, but not great. I like Goldson, but I have sort of a "be cautious" feeling about him for some reason. 

Honestly, if we are going to give our 2nd for a player who has been tendered the 2nd round pick by their team....I would send our 2nd to Baltimore for Dennis Pitta. Dude was a complete stud last year and could be a top 5 TE going forward.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#186 : March 12, 2013, 10:57:24 AM

Not a fan of Victor Butler. I don't see him being any better than Hayward would be.

The CB acquisitions are decent, but not great. I like Goldson, but I have sort of a "be cautious" feeling about him for some reason. 

Honestly, if we are going to give our 2nd for a player who has been tendered the 2nd round pick by their team....I would send our 2nd to Baltimore for Dennis Pitta. Dude was a complete stud last year and could be a top 5 TE going forward.

Agree completely we should make a play for Pitta

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#187 : March 12, 2013, 10:58:06 AM

I don't see how the money would work.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#188 : March 12, 2013, 11:03:08 AM

I've always been a big fan of Pitta and wouldn't be totally against giving up a second for him....he is 27 though and I really like Eifert, Ertz, Escober, and McDonald. I think I'd rather go with on of the rookie TEs.

Shields just turned 25 and I don't feel any 2nd round CBs are going to be as good as Shields is....so he makes more sense imo.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#189 : March 12, 2013, 11:11:28 AM

Victor Butler has 11 sacks in very limited back up duty over 4 seasons. Hayward has one sack in six years.

Butler is 25. Hayward is about to be 29.

Butler is a young promising guy who has looked very good when he gets to play, but he's stuck behind Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer. He will most likely be very reasonably priced, maybe two or three million per year, he fits a need and is an upgrade as is, and he is only 25 with limited playing time so he has the potential to be something much better. I see Dan Conner as a Hayward clone, and there is nothing wrong with those guys. Great value great depth....but imo Butler is a starter.

Draft Aaron Donald

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#190 : March 12, 2013, 11:12:13 AM

Dan Conner is done, folks.  I said the same thing last year when everybody was clamoring for him, and Dallas found that to be true.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#191 : March 12, 2013, 11:13:55 AM

Conner is the odd man out because the Cowboys have 12 linebackers on the roster....but he is still great depth. Not a starter. Probably never was. But good depth that can play all three spots.

Schefter is reporting Conner is visiting with the Steelers and will likely sign there.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#192 : March 12, 2013, 11:16:37 AM

Victor Butler has 11 sacks in very limited back up duty over 4 seasons. Hayward has one sack in six years.

Butler is 25. Hayward is about to be 29.

Butler is a young promising guy who has looked very good when he gets to play, but he's stuck behind Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer. He will most likely be very reasonably priced, maybe two or three million per year, he fits a need and is an upgrade as is, and he is only 25 with limited playing time so he has the potential to be something much better. I see Dan Conner as a Hayward clone, and there is nothing wrong with those guys. Great value great depth....but imo Butler is a starter.

It's not about stats for me, man. Ive watched a lot of Cows games since he has been there and he doesn't strike me as much of a standout player.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#193 : March 12, 2013, 11:16:39 AM

Conner is the odd man out because the Cowboys have 12 linebackers on the roster.

No, Connor was cut because he wasn't any good in Dallas.  He's done.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#194 : March 12, 2013, 11:17:58 AM

Conner is the odd man out because the Cowboys have 12 linebackers on the roster.

No, Connor was cut because he wasn't any good in Dallas.  He's done.

I'll value the Steelers' organization's opinion over yours. Sorry.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools