Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 37

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 28, 2013, 10:46:07 PM

To each his own ts, but we had one of the worst 3rd down conversion rates in the league. A really good slot has tons of value Imo.

The Bailey pick isn't a bad one. I don't see how he falls out of the 2nd round and he is an incredible talent. I would honestly want him over Tavon Austin.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 28, 2013, 11:08:58 PM

How can anyone not like what the see from Bailey? Dude is Steve Smith and Wes Welker combined! Lol I kid.... Kinda. ;)
He looks intriguing, for sure. I don't watch college ball, but I've done the basic web research, and I wonder if you think Stedman is value where the Bucs pick in the second. Most of the sites I've looked at have him ranked somewhere between the 8th and the 10th best WR in the draft. Is he a system WR who might not be able to get off the line in the NFL?

I like the player, but not sure I like him in the top half of the second round.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 28, 2013, 11:14:14 PM

Well he plays outside against top CBs in college, but for the Bucs he would be our slot guy....so he'd be going against #3 CBs, safeties, and sometimes even linebackers. So I don't think he'd have any trouble getting off the line. He is quick and shifty and he is surprisingly physical for a guy his size. I'm sure there are other WRs that would help us too, but for me Stedman Bailey is the perfect fit for this team.

Jackson, Williams, Bailey, and Martin....and hopefully a stud tight end.....wow. That would be very hard to defend, assuming Freeman can make his reads and throw the ball accurately.  ::) ::)

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 29, 2013, 07:37:59 AM

The Bailey pick  in round 2 is god awful . Jdouble should be banned for even suggesting it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 29, 2013, 08:01:13 AM

You should be banned for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation in your last 4000 posts.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 29, 2013, 08:33:06 AM

too funny jdub

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 29, 2013, 09:50:09 AM

Personally I think the Bucs are going to address the CB position in Free Agency. Probably with Keenan Lewis and Sean Smith. Especially if they part way with Eric Wright. I seriously think the Bucs are going to target the OL or DL IF they stay at #13. I'm more in favor of going OL in the first. Penn isn't getting any younger and might be a better fit at RT now for the Bucs.

JMO but I don't see the Buccaneers bringing in a rookie CB to an already horrendous Secondary.

El Diablo

Starter

#37 : January 29, 2013, 10:09:44 AM

Personally I think the Bucs are going to address the CB position in Free Agency. Probably with Keenan Lewis and Sean Smith. Especially if they part way with Eric Wright. I seriously think the Bucs are going to target the OL or DL IF they stay at #13. I'm more in favor of going OL in the first. Penn isn't getting any younger and might be a better fit at RT now for the Bucs.

JMO but I don't see the Buccaneers bringing in a rookie CB to an already horrendous Secondary.

I think you are right on with that. If they keep Wright and get another CB in FA would be a much quicker fix than getting a rookie CB at 13. I do like Rhodes too but it's just too high a pick to draft to need unless Milliner is there which is a long shot. Maybe they trade up and get Werner or Muffintop? Love those guys.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 29, 2013, 12:49:04 PM

Bailey adds a suddenness to the underneath game, as well being a cat quick type the Bucs sorely need. Problem is, will Freeman be able to put the ball between the #'s and into a spot where a guy like Bailey will be able to utilize his talents?  Methinks not consistently, and with an inability to make reads and being awful when facing quick pressure, it almost seems like folly. Bucs need a big tight end with solid receiving skill to compliment Free. A guy who can go up and outmuscle defenders.

A lot is going to change between now and then. Don't jump the gun too early. But I am over taking X with the 13...but a monster combine changes a lot...

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 29, 2013, 02:53:50 PM

You are right Boid - apparently it took a super human like Preston Parker to be able to be among the league leaders in YAC in 2011.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 29, 2013, 04:35:11 PM

You are right Boid - apparently it took a super human like Preston Parker to be able to be among the league leaders in YAC in 2011.
First off, he also led the league in fumbles, or was dang close to it.

Second, let us never get me confused with a crowd that didn't say Parker was a shifty little WR, hell I even said in New England he might put up some great numbers.  Called him "Welkerish".  But those fumbles were his bane, and cost him his job in Tampa.  He was warned beforehand, and failed.

Third, Bailey is a highly touted prospect with great ability.

We do not really have a shifty threat like Bailey.  Not saying go crazy over the guy, but he is an option to consider.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 29, 2013, 04:40:40 PM

Bailey has shown the ability to line up outside and run every route. He routinely catches the deep ball against taller CBs. His catching ability is ridiculous. While he'd be our slot right away, he'd also provide some depth in case of injury to Jackson or Williams. If one of those two go down, we are screwed. We have nothing.  A solid 3rd wide receiver is a much bigger need than people seem to realize.

HolyBuc

Starter
#42 : January 29, 2013, 04:45:19 PM

Robert Woods could also be their if Baily isn't.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#43 : January 29, 2013, 04:46:15 PM

I would actually be pretty disappointed if we drafted this way.......
Is it Realistic? 6/10 - The chances we draft a Slot WR in the 2nd Round is almost 0% and Stedman Bailey is OK but he is absolutely not worth a second round pick of course depending on who is still on the board.
Does it Cover our Needs? 8/10 - It covers most of our need... it doesn't cover FS or DE but that can vary depending on what we do in FA.
Is the Draft Appealing to Bucs Fans? 5/10 - Again this would be pretty disappointing but again any draft can be disappointing considering what we did last year.

It covers all of our needs but not with the right players and where we would draft each one is a little messed up but it isn't that terrible, just disappointing........

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 29, 2013, 04:52:13 PM

DE is not a need. We have Bennett and two young guys that have shown lots of potential. Can Bowers and Clayborn get a 3rd year before we replace them? Damn man.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 37
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools