Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone think Joe Flacco is worth 20 million a year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 28, 2013, 08:41:14 PM

It blows my mind that some people here still think winning in the playoffs and just games in general, all falls in the hands of the QB.

The Falcons' shortcomings in the postseason fall directly in the lap of Ryan. Shut out vs the Giants and shut out in the second half last week....and turning the ball over twice in the process. Have you not watched him play?

Tony Romo has shown you its not all about regular season stats.

I've watched him play. He put up 396 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT against one of the best defenses in the league. And you think it's his fault they lost the game? Unreal.

The guy scored ZERO points in the second half....at home, turning the ball over twice in the process. Exactly who should take the 'credit' for that??

The defense for blowing the lead and the running game for not getting anything going the whole game? Ryan put up 24 points against one of the best defenses in the league without the running game doing anything. Putting that loss on him is laughable.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 28, 2013, 08:43:49 PM

Hate, by your criteria, Tebow is as good as Ryan, Sanchez is better than Ryan, and Dilfer is better than Marino and Kelly.

Flacco has been unbelievable and he is going to get a lot of money, but I still think Ryan is a little better. Hate, obviously we all hate the Falcons, but it is ridiculous when you say Ryan sucks. He's pretty damn good.

Was just about to post this.

It blows my mind that some people here still think winning in the playoffs and just games in general, all falls in the hands of the QB.

You both seem to fail to understand what Hate was pointing out.  It's not just about wins.  Flacco has played well in the playoffs.  Ryan chokes.

And like it or not, the QB is the most important guy on the field.  And he only becomes more important in the playoffs.

Flacco has completed 54.8% of his passes in this playoff run. The same exact percentage Freeman had this year, yet you **CENSORED** about him sucking nonstop.

Flacco wouldn't even be in the Superbowl if Rahim Moore wasn't such a dumbass.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 28, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

The Falcons' shortcomings in the postseason fall directly in the lap of Ryan. Shut out vs the Giants and shut out in the second half last week....and turning the ball over twice in the process. Have you not watched him play?

I've watched him play. He put up 396 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT against one of the best defenses in the league. And you think it's his fault they lost the game? Unreal.

The guy scored ZERO points in the second half....at home, turning the ball over twice in the process. Exactly who should take the 'credit' for that??

The defense for blowing the lead and the running game for not getting anything going the whole game? Ryan put up 24 points against one of the best defenses in the league without the running game doing anything. Putting that loss on him is laughable.

That 'best defense in the league' had been giving up 30 pts per game for weeks. 31, 13, 42 and 41 to be specific.
: January 28, 2013, 08:47:10 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

TheQ

Starter

#33 : January 28, 2013, 08:46:06 PM

No, is the answer to whether he deserses $20 million. Not even close to  it.
It would also blow up the Ravens salary cap and they would lose a lot of players to pay him that much.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 28, 2013, 08:52:06 PM

I don't think their defense is as good as it was last year but they are still pretty damn good. They are just a more complete team. Offense picked up some slack and defense didn't have to be as good. It all works together. I'm hoping we can have a similar transformation with our defense as we add more talent. It would be nice to see the days of tough defense again. Then we won't expect Freeman to do as much. I've always though of Freeman as more of a game manager but able to make plays as well, so just above a game manager but when he pulls away from that and tries more he fails. Maybe that gets better with time and experience but as some have said he's been in the league for a while now so you never know. He's also had some crappy coaching too so I don't know what we can really say what's what. All I hope is that next year the man finally breaks out and can be what he can be. I mean he's 6'6 with a big arm. He's got potential. I'd love to see him maximize that here. Not anywhere else. Here.

HolyBuc

Starter
#35 : January 28, 2013, 09:13:03 PM

No, is the answer to whether he deserses $20 million. Not even close to  it.
It would also blow up the Ravens salary cap and they would lose a lot of players to pay him that much.

Exactly, so they will have to franchise tag him (15 mil?) which is probably going to cost them some players. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 28, 2013, 09:18:39 PM

Hate, by your criteria, Tebow is as good as Ryan, Sanchez is better than Ryan, and Dilfer is better than Marino and Kelly.

Flacco has been unbelievable and he is going to get a lot of money, but I still think Ryan is a little better. Hate, obviously we all hate the Falcons, but it is ridiculous when you say Ryan sucks. He's pretty damn good.

Was just about to post this.

You both seem to fail to understand what Hate was pointing out.  It's not just about wins.  Flacco has played well in the playoffs.  Ryan chokes.

And like it or not, the QB is the most important guy on the field.  And he only becomes more important in the playoffs.

Flacco has completed 54.8% of his passes in this playoff run. The same exact percentage Freeman had this year, yet you **CENSORED** about him sucking nonstop.

Flacco wouldn't even be in the Superbowl if Rahim Moore wasn't such a dumbass.
He might have made it (last season) if Lee Evans didn't have greasy gloves on in the fourth quarter.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#37 : January 28, 2013, 09:38:23 PM

Flacco has played at least as good as Ryan, IMO.  Ryan has much better weapons at WR, and Flacco has a better back.  Flacco A) Plays well enough to get his team to the playoffs, and B) Wins games in the playoffs.  Ryan A) Plays well enough to get his team to the playoffs as a #1 or 2 seed, and B) has won 1 home game in the playoffs.  Flacco and Ryan are about in the same class to me, but Flacco's playoff performances (especially with a good showing in the SB) will and should put him ahead of Ryan, I think.  If he is SB MVP he definitely deserves as much as Rogers or the other Elites I think. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 28, 2013, 09:45:36 PM

He will come close to it.  He deserves it, regardless of outcome of this upcoming game, IMO.

It would help, though, for him to win (duh).

He has brought his team into the playoffs, and the last two, he has been as steady and reliable as you could ask for, IMO.  Lee Evans doesn't have his teflon gloves on, and they are in...

Flacco has more reliable games, than crappy ones.  He is the Versa-Visa of Josh Freeman.
For the season he was good at home, and on the road they were testing him for whatever he was on that wrecked his play.

I don't see the consistency during the regular season, and he should be very thankful to have the quality of the Ravens D.

If you tried to make a case the Ravens D carried him - but for the Pats game - it wouldn't be that difficult to show Freeman is Flacco, and vice versa. 

;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 28, 2013, 09:46:13 PM

matty Icccccceeeeee !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 28, 2013, 09:48:30 PM

matty Icccccceeeeee !!

Haha..... some would want you to believe that the Falcons' D is to be blamed for that fumble.

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 28, 2013, 09:50:20 PM

matty Icccccceeeeee !!

Haha..... some would want you to believe that the Falcons' D is to be blamed for that fumble.

If you look close, you can see Abraham blast through and knock it loose...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 28, 2013, 09:52:50 PM

matty Icccccceeeeee !!

If you look close, you can see Abraham blast through and knock it loose...

Perhaps it was the ghost of Ray Edwards, ticked off about being cut.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 28, 2013, 09:55:10 PM

Ignoring Ryan's late game collapse is far more laughable.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 28, 2013, 09:56:30 PM

To the overall question of the thread...No, he isn't worth $20mil...I think he will probably get between $15-17mil per.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone think Joe Flacco is worth 20 million a year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools