Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dumb Glazers -- Bleeding the Bucs Dry . . . « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 28, 2013, 09:42:18 PM

the glazers have been spending the last couple years.  but you guys are holding onto this like a teenager.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 28, 2013, 09:51:25 PM

I still contend that when you have no players to sign to 2nd contracts, your spending will be minimal. Dan Snyder has shown all of us that trying to buy a playoff team doesn't work.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 28, 2013, 09:54:48 PM

We had playoff teams under Gru/Allen  ......

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 28, 2013, 10:02:31 PM

you're correct.....the NFC south was a lil different then.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 28, 2013, 10:05:45 PM

I still contend that when you have no players to sign to 2nd contracts, your spending will be minimal. Dan Snyder has shown all of us that trying to buy a playoff team doesn't work.

A valid point that goes in one ear an out the other...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 28, 2013, 10:06:21 PM

LOL - wasn't there free agency during the time of Gruden/Allen and Morris/Dominick - I forget.... And Dan Snyder has shown immediate results when your team starts at suck is damned hard to find.  Belichick has shown use of picks to trade for pros, and FA are very useful tools in filling a roster.  New Orleans has shown that FA for QB is possible.  Arizona has shown that hoping a guy steps up wastes a year.  What else can we contend...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 28, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

how many FAs did we sign/trades made in the years leading up to our Super Bowl win?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 28, 2013, 10:10:13 PM

huh?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 28, 2013, 10:17:48 PM

how many FAs did we sign/trades made in the years leading up to our Super Bowl win?

FAs were acquired to supplement the core.... not create one.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 28, 2013, 10:18:56 PM

huh?

Lets just say it'd be impossible to win the division with a 9-7 record these days.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 28, 2013, 10:21:13 PM

Ummm -not the offense.  D was mostly home grown, O was mostly FAs.  And it was the offense that was missing as you know.  And it was the defense where almost 2/3s of the money was committed iirc.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 28, 2013, 10:22:16 PM

huh?

Lets just say it'd be impossible to win the division with a 9-7 record these days.
Hasn't been possible to win the south with 9-7, that number gets you a wild card chance... not assured.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 28, 2013, 10:24:30 PM

Ummm -not the offense.  D was mostly home grown, O was mostly FAs.  And it was the offense that was missing as you know.  And it was the defense where almost 2/3s of the money was committed iirc.

This and most logical fans haven't ask to buy a core .... that's just a convenient reply to the fact that the Glazers/Bucs neglected to try and field the best team possible for a few years ... quite a few

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 28, 2013, 10:28:27 PM

huh?

Hasn't been possible to win the south with 9-7, that number gets you a wild card chance... not assured.

In 07, we won the division with a 9-7 record.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 28, 2013, 10:29:38 PM

in 2002 we were 12-4 and 2005 11-5 ........
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dumb Glazers -- Bleeding the Bucs Dry . . . « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools