Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Help Me Find An Old Story? « previous next »
Page: 1

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

: January 29, 2013, 02:05:47 PM

I remember reading this story several years back. It had the different NFL teams personified and they were all in a bar discussing their Super Bowl wins. It ended with a discussion between the Packers person and the Steelers person.

Does anyone here have any clue what I'm talking about? I've been searching for it for several years, but I can never find it.

Oh, I should add, from what I remember, the Buccaneer persona in it played a somewhat prominent role, but that could just be my memory going bad...

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 29, 2013, 03:08:40 PM

Local or national piece? Can you remember a single line or string of words to google?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : January 29, 2013, 04:36:17 PM

In a school just outside Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher Explained to her class that she is a Steelers Fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they are Steelers fans too. Not really knowing what a Steelers fan is, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all fly into the air with one exception. A little boy named Timmy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks him why he has decided to be different. "Because I am not a Steelers fan." says Timmy. The teacher asks "Then what are you?" Timmy says "I am a proud Green Bay Packers fan!" The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Timmy why he is a Packers fan. "Well, my Mom and Dad are Packers fans so I'm a Packers fan, too." Timmy responds. The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your Mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot? Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steelers fan."

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

#3 : January 29, 2013, 05:14:22 PM

"And if you and your whole family was completely retarded?"
"Then I would think Tim Tebow was an NFL quarterback and Gerald McCoy was a bust of a draft pick"

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 29, 2013, 05:43:27 PM

"Then I would think Tim Tebow was an NFL quarterback and Gerald McCoy was a bust of a draft pick"

What was the point of that?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : January 29, 2013, 06:20:15 PM

What was the point of that?

I'm starting to think someone slipped something in his tea.   

nitey

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 29, 2013, 08:00:05 PM

I think I remember the article you are thinking about. It was after the Bucs won the superbowl and there was a local article in either the times or the tribune where the reporter asked Johnson about being part of superbowl history. Brad told a story of all the superbowl quarterbacks coming into a bar and the guys with only 1 superbowl win were snubbed, but those with 2 or more were acknowledged as great quarterbacks. Ultimately it came down to the who was the best of the bunch and Green Bay, San Fran and Pittsburgh were the last quarterbacks sitting at the bar because of their multiple wins. I don't remember how it turned out, but I remember Brad saying that he wanted to be in that conversation.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

jcaulfield8

Second String

#7 : January 29, 2013, 08:18:38 PM

There was another article about a letter that Steve Mariucci wrote to his son ( i believe it was the day he got cut from his high school or college team-maybe).
ive been looknig for it for a few months and cant find it. does anyone have a recollection of this story

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 31, 2013, 08:09:59 AM

In a school just outside Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher Explained to her class that she is a Steelers Fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they are Steelers fans too. Not really knowing what a Steelers fan is, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all fly into the air with one exception. A little boy named Timmy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks him why he has decided to be different. "Because I am not a Steelers fan." says Timmy. The teacher asks "Then what are you?" Timmy says "I am a proud Green Bay Packers fan!" The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Timmy why he is a Packers fan. "Well, my Mom and Dad are Packers fans so I'm a Packers fan, too." Timmy responds. The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your Mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot? Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steelers fan."

LMAO!!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 31, 2013, 11:30:11 AM

Looked for it, but no dice.
    Here's a few interesting tidbits I'd not seen comparing Brad with other QBs of greater national fame.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/were-wrong-former-nfl-qb-190606727--nfl.html

moose40

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 31, 2013, 01:39:19 PM

Looked for it, but no dice.
    Here's a few interesting tidbits I'd not seen comparing Brad with other QBs of greater national fame.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/were-wrong-former-nfl-qb-190606727--nfl.html

Interesting to read that he was the 2nd qb for the Redskins to throw 4,000 yards, (Jay Schroeder being the first). That's a lot of years with good qb's that didn't hit the 4,000 mark, like Jurgensen, Theisman, and Rypien.

Thanks for the link.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 31, 2013, 05:23:04 PM

I think I remember the article you are thinking about. It was after the Bucs won the superbowl and there was a local article in either the times or the tribune where the reporter asked Johnson about being part of superbowl history. Brad told a story of all the superbowl quarterbacks coming into a bar and the guys with only 1 superbowl win were snubbed, but those with 2 or more were acknowledged as great quarterbacks. Ultimately it came down to the who was the best of the bunch and Green Bay, San Fran and Pittsburgh were the last quarterbacks sitting at the bar because of their multiple wins. I don't remember how it turned out, but I remember Brad saying that he wanted to be in that conversation.

This might have been it, yeah. I think about that story all the time and I'd love to find/read it again.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Help Me Find An Old Story? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools