Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: worth a look see? u be the judge.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 29, 2013, 07:55:17 PM

I'm sure Dom has put his feelers out regarding Revis.  Due dilligence demands it.

Not so sure about the asking price, but a first and a fourth, or a first and LGB (seeing as we are not even utilizing the bruiser) wouldn't make me blink.  Revis is a beast mode stud monster.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 29, 2013, 08:52:12 PM

Mah Sourcesss!

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 29, 2013, 10:45:25 PM

If you hear anything else I'm sure you'll let us know. Mah sources, year 2!

Formerly known as Revis Islander

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 29, 2013, 11:07:57 PM

I could see Dominik parting with two second rounders with conditions tied to the second, second round pick in 2014 - that if Revis makes the pro bowl and plays in all 16 games in 2013 that the second rounder in 2014 becomes a first rounder. And, if the Jets are seeking Blount to sweeten the pot, that would not be a problem.

Essentially Dominik would part with 2-second round picks and Blount for Revis - If Revis returns to form and plays all 16-games in 2013 the total trade for Revis is/was a 2nd rounder in 2013, 1st rounder in 2014 and Blount.

If that is the package I'm fine with it as long as Revis is locked up to a reasonable market value deal (averaging 10-13 million per season) over four or five years with the bulk of the money coming in the first two years. This would allow the Bucs who presumably are going to release Wright to take that savings and add an additional 3-6 million a year for Revis.

This would then allow the draft to come to the Bucs or trade down and reacquire a second rounder in 2013 for moving down in the first round this year. The net loss would be either a second rounder or first rounder in 2014 and Blount for Revis.

Just my thoughts on it.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

smithcar

Starter

#19 : January 29, 2013, 11:20:06 PM

Concern over ACL injury makes me hesitant. Not everyone is AP and can comeback like that.  Can we afford two picks for a guy with one year left on his contract and a bad knee? I would rather sign someone and draft someone, we could then have two good CB's

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 29, 2013, 11:21:38 PM

I could see Dominik parting with two second rounders with conditions tied to the second, second round pick in 2014 - that if Revis makes the pro bowl and plays in all 16 games in 2013 that the second rounder in 2014 becomes a first rounder. And, if the Jets are seeking Blount to sweeten the pot, that would not be a problem.

Essentially Dominik would part with 2-second round picks and Blount for Revis - If Revis returns to form and plays all 16-games in 2013 the total trade for Revis is/was a 2nd rounder in 2013, 1st rounder in 2014 and Blount.

If that is the package I'm fine with it as long as Revis is locked up to a reasonable market value deal (averaging 10-13 million per season) over four or five years with the bulk of the money coming in the first two years. This would allow the Bucs who presumably are going to release Wright to take that savings and add an additional 3-6 million a year for Revis.

This would then allow the draft to come to the Bucs or trade down and reacquire a second rounder in 2013 for moving down in the first round this year. The net loss would be either a second rounder or first rounder in 2014 and Blount for Revis.

Just my thoughts on it.

I like it.  The dude is not getting any younger and also coming off an injury.  I would be cautious, and hope to have some guarantees in the contract,  like you mentioned.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 29, 2013, 11:36:55 PM

Just my thoughts on it.

The only problem with this scenario is what if Revis plays great but Freeman sucks and the Bucs have a high pick? IMO the 1st round pick in next years draft is too valuable to give up, because we need it just in case Freeman fails.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 29, 2013, 11:42:55 PM

Just my thoughts on it.

The only problem with this scenario is what if Revis plays great but Freeman sucks and the Bucs have a high pick? IMO the 1st round pick in next years draft is too valuable to give up, because we need it just in case Freeman fails.

Its possible that Freeman will falter. However, the trade is not made based on Freeman not playing up to his potential. Even if Freeman has a similar type of roller coaster season any improved secondary play will keep the Bucs in the middle of the draft. Dominik would have to have conviction in Freeman - that he will reach his potential before a trade like this is made. It would be a very telling sign of what the long term future holds for Freeman if the trade were to be structured this way.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 29, 2013, 11:55:27 PM

Never going to happen like that. Dom won't part with a 1st for another question mark.

Why not?

He signed K2 to a huge contract when the guy had bad knees, drafted clayborn (who had medical issues), vjax was questionable as a "Aged" player, same with barber, Penn was overweight all the time, kept price around when all he could do is fall over grabbing his leg, drafted bowers in the second knowing he was injured. Heck, there was character concerns with MW even.

All I'm saying is, he's taken plenty of chances before. I would not rule Revis out.

Neither the Winslow nor Jackson acquisition required MD to part ways w a 1st round draft choice.

Sure it didn't, it just cost an arm and a leg. Seeing how there are no CB's even close to that talent level in draft, why not "waste" the pick on a guy you really want?

Essentially, what is being asked is if the bucs want to spend a first and very little money for a possible "OK" corner, or a first and a lot of money for a great corner.

If we stay cheap, we'll get just that..cheap production. Really to me, it's all about the money. The first is unimportant this season.

spurzo

Second String

#24 : January 30, 2013, 12:03:52 AM

In my eyes it's all about how much money Revis wants.  There are rumors that he wants 17 million per season... personally I don't think we can afford that with the Freeman contract coming up.  If it is around the 10-12 mil mark then I'm on board, for a first, second and player (Blount)

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 30, 2013, 12:18:54 AM

If we give up a pick, it needs to be this years pick. the draft class this year is very weak in the top half. Millner is no Patrick Peterson....and if he is gone, and the top DL is gone which they will be....i would be happy to give it up, The value of this years pick isnt as valuble as other years.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 30, 2013, 12:57:46 AM

I'm blocked by Bob on Twitter but hes been pretty good with Football news; especially that in the NYC area.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 30, 2013, 01:24:15 AM

If we give up a pick, it needs to be this years pick. the draft class this year is very weak in the top half. Millner is no Patrick Peterson....and if he is gone, and the top DL is gone which they will be....i would be happy to give it up, The value of this years pick isnt as valuble as other years.

All dom needs to do is protect the next first. This years first gets us milliner, banks, Rhodes... or revis.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 30, 2013, 01:32:29 AM

Why are they shopping him?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 30, 2013, 01:37:30 AM

Hi everyone, I just wanted to pass along something I recieved this morning....
@incarceratedbob:
Get the hell out of here!

Obligatory Mah Sources.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: worth a look see? u be the judge.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools