Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Downs Allowed Cornerbacks « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 31, 2013, 08:04:14 AM

Smith has great measurable but he's inconsistent and has never really put it all together

Sounds like Eric Wright

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 31, 2013, 09:07:27 AM

I would guess it would take more than that for Revis.  Unfortunately

probably.  each GM needs to assess revis by his teams situation.  id love to have revis, but i wouldnt but the franchise in a rough spot for one guy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 31, 2013, 09:27:18 AM

I would guess it would take more than that for Revis.  Unfortunately

probably.  each GM needs to assess revis by his teams situation.  id love to have revis, but i wouldnt but the franchise in a rough spot for one guy.

...The whole team lost a chance at playoffs because of two guys on defense. They're already in a rough spot.

Just saying.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 31, 2013, 09:52:39 AM

...The whole team lost a chance at playoffs because of two guys on defense. They're already in a rough spot.

Just saying.

i dont buy that at all.  the whole team lost a chance at the playoffs because of the whole team.  injuries, inconsistent play, dropped balls, missed assignments, misreads, talent and scheme.  i also dont believe the Bucs are in a rough spot, i think they are in a great spot.   but my glass is half full as opposed to many here.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 31, 2013, 10:31:29 AM

So you think with the same CB core and no injuries, the Bucs will make playoffs?

Certainly the "missed assignments, and scheme" would be cleared up some in year 2 right?

No, if they don't bring in actual talent at that position, the whole team will still be weak. Remember, a team is only as strong as it's weakest link, and it's corners have obviously been horrid.

We can directly blame the corners for several of those last minute loses. I'd say that's more than enough of an argument to solidify my argument.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 31, 2013, 11:30:06 AM

So you think with the same CB core and no injuries, the Bucs will make playoffs?
Certainly the "missed assignments, and scheme" would be cleared up some in year 2 right?
No, if they don't bring in actual talent at that position, the whole team will still be weak. Remember, a team is only as strong as it's weakest link, and it's corners have obviously been horrid.
We can directly blame the corners for several of those last minute loses. I'd say that's more than enough of an argument to solidify my argument.

with no major team injuries, i certainly think we can make the playoffs if the players play as they should.
i am assuming that our pass coverages will be tweaked this offseason.
i definitely  agree we need CB/S upgrades.
for every blame we assess or the corners in the last minute, we can find issues with the rest of the team earlier in the game.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 31, 2013, 11:33:25 AM

Hmmmm. Don't know how many each of our CBs played, but we had such a revolving lineup going all season, individually our guys may not have made the cut due to insufficient snaps. We all know we gave up a TON of first downs via the pass... Or aybe there were more 1st & 2nd down passes than 3rd down passes resulting in 1st downs?

They do it for the season as well as on a per-pass basis. So it should capture almost all of our corners (I'm assuming there's a minimum passes faced to count). Only Myron Lewis and Lequan Lewis played fewer than 122 snaps.

We were near the top in passing touchdowns conceded and first downs via the pass, so maybe we just spread it out all over the place.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 31, 2013, 11:36:43 AM

One thing about these stats and whether we should grab a free agent or not...

It would be worth looking at more than just a years' worth of data to say yay or nay. Some times guys will grade out well one year, not so well the next. Terence Newman had a very good year based on PFF's number this year, but he was awful the year before - which one is the real player?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 31, 2013, 03:07:20 PM

They need a talent upgrade at the CB position.  Free agent or draft or both.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 31, 2013, 03:33:47 PM

One thing about these stats and whether we should grab a free agent or not...

It would be worth looking at more than just a years' worth of data to say yay or nay. Some times guys will grade out well one year, not so well the next. Terence Newman had a very good year based on PFF's number this year, but he was awful the year before - which one is the real player?

Yeah, and that's the issue with most players - especially the vast majority of players that go to Free Agency.  Their performance bounces all over the place.  Only the best of the best are consistently good every year, and even that doesn't always hold up - see Jake Long.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 31, 2013, 09:22:05 PM

Smith has great measurable but he's inconsistent and has never really put it all together

Sounds like Eric Wright

Eric is only 5-10 or so.  That Sean Smith goes  6-3.   Both are about 200 plus.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

spurzo

Second String

#26 : January 31, 2013, 11:13:37 PM

Revis is rumored to want around 17 mil a season...so if you think Tampa is in a rough spot now, consider putting together a roster with a DB being paid 6 million dollars more than any DB has ever been paid

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 31, 2013, 11:21:03 PM

Revis is rumored to want around 17 mil a season...so if you think Tampa is in a rough spot now, consider putting together a roster with a DB being paid 6 million dollars more than any DB has ever been paid

Eric made close to 8mil last season.  So if they cut him, they are halfway there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Downs Allowed Cornerbacks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools