Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jordan Reed Dumb? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #15 : January 31, 2013, 06:41:55 PM »

Is Gronk a member of MENSA?  As long as he's smart enough to run the routes and catch the ball, I'm OK with him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 31, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1V1y5AmfKk

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 31, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »

Is Gronk a member of MENSA?  As long as he's smart enough to run the routes and catch the ball, I'm OK with him.

Good example, cause Gronk is a flippin moron!  ;D

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 31, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »

I like the guy, but I don't think he fits what we are doing. We seem to only be interested in mature leaders. This kid has so much physical talent though, it's hard to pass up.

I have to think that after a few years of drafting leaders, and signing FA leaders, you would have the ability to draft a kid like Reed and rely on the locker room to keep them in line. Hand cuff him to Dallas Clark for a year and he will be just fine.

zsmith22

Starter

« #19 : January 31, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »

In my mind, We need Reed or Martellus Bennett in here next year. Tight end was basically a dead position for us this past year, and Freeman needs that extra option.

spurzo

Second String

« #20 : January 31, 2013, 07:46:12 PM »

I'd hope a guy this talented isn't entirely off the draft board, but it's all about value.  In my eyes he's not great value in the 2nd round, decent value in the 3rd, awesome value in the 4th.  I'm sure that Schiano wouldn't have been dying to pick Mike Williams in the 4th round but he's glad to have him now.  I think the locker room is getting strong enough to handle to some characters.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #21 : January 31, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »

In my mind, We need Reed or Martellus Bennett in here next year. Tight end was basically a dead position for us this past year, and Freeman needs that extra option.
I honestly would love to get both.  I really think that could create some great mismatches and would push our offense to the next level.  And with Freeman's accuracy, having a couple of bigger receivers would be more beneficial than a small slot WR in the middle of the field.  Think about VJax and MW on the outside, Bennett and Reed working the middle, and Martin coming out of the backfield.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #22 : January 31, 2013, 08:09:11 PM »

That's some terrible blocking.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 31, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »

Can't imagine him blocking too many guys at the next level.  Seems very athletic.  Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez.
Is that an accurate comparison?  I don't really know the player.

Turn the page.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #24 : January 31, 2013, 09:11:50 PM »

Can't imagine him blocking too many guys at the next level.  Seems very athletic.  Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez.
Is that an accurate comparison?  I don't really know the player.

I remember Hernandez being a much more physical player than Jordan Reed, and Hernandez is already squarely in the "receiving TE" category.

IMO, we can shore up TE in free agency with this year's crop, without burning draft picks on the position.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #25 : January 31, 2013, 10:52:48 PM »

To me, and this is of course just an opinion.....this is the deepest draft for TEs that I can remember. We should definitely draft a TE this year. You have to draft to the strength of the draft. With so many good tight end prospects, we should be able to get a good one in the 3rd round. That said, I don't think taking another over sized wide receiver with questionable maturity is a good idea. We did that with Winslow already. There are too many well rounded stud TE in this draft to take Reed. And this is coming from a guy who originally like him. I even included him in my first mock last month, but after digging a little deeper....I just don't think he's a good fit. There are literally 6 or 7 tight ends I'd draft before Reed.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #26 : January 31, 2013, 11:43:34 PM »

There's a difference between immaturity and character concerns.  It depends on the interview process.  If Schiano and Dom feel he is a character concern, then they should take him off their board.  If it's simply an immaturity issue it shouldn't be a big deal.  After all, Schiano was a college coach.  He should be more experienced at dealing with immaturity than any other NFL head coach.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #27 : October 21, 2013, 08:20:02 AM »

9 catches for 134 yards and a TD yesterday

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #28 : October 21, 2013, 08:30:59 AM »

Gator Bait .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #29 : October 21, 2013, 10:04:56 AM »

Meh. If we are going to talk about TEs we should have drafted, I'd still take Julius Thomas or Dennis Pitta.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jordan Reed Dumb? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools