Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: January 30, 2013: NFL Reports/Rumour Mill in Tweets « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CanadianBuc

Starter
: January 30, 2013, 07:38:29 PM

REPORT: ALEX SMITH WILL NOT BE ON THE 49ERS NEXT SEASON
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
"Alex Smith will not be a member of #49ers next year. They will try to trade him first. Then if nothing happens, cut him early out of respect"
"Who are interested in Alex Smith? Teams you would think -- Bills, Cardinals, maybe Eagles. Not the Jets, though. At least not yet."
"Chiefs figure to be in mix of teams interested in Alex Smith (along w Bills, Cards, maybe Eagles). Interest will be real for a 1-year rental"

REPORT: VIKINGS INTERESTED IN PACKERS DONALD DRIVER
FOX SPORTS: NFL ‏@NFLONFOX
"SOURCES: #Vikings have interest in #Packers all-time leading receiver and unrestricted free agent WR Donald Driver."  http://bit.ly/Xf2d7l

REPORT: BRIAN URLACHER POSSIBLY COMING BACK TO THE BEARS
SI NFL ‏@si_nfl
"Report: Urlacher eyes return to Bears next year"      http://on.si.com/XJdTOh

RUMOUR: JAGUARS PICKING DAMONTRE MOORE or BJOERN WARNER AT #2 OVERALL
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
"Word from Jacksonville is that team zeroing in on defensive end with No. 2 overall pick. Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore thought to be tops"

RUMOUR: D.J FLUKER WON'T MAKE IT PAST PICK #20
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
"#Alabama tackle D.J. Fluker won't make it past pick No. 20, per a source."

REPORT: BUCS HIRE TONY ODEN AS SECONDARY COACH
Tom Krasniqi ‏@TKras
"#Bucs have hired Tony Oden as their new secondary coach. #Jaguars secondary coach last season..DBs coach with #Saints before that"
"With Oden on board, don't be surprised if the #Bucs to target CB Derek Cox in FA. He played well in 2012 & he's only 26. Good player"

RUMOUR: ED REED PLAYING FOR THE PATRIOTS NEXT SEASON
FOX SPORTS: NFL ‏@NFLONFOX
Ed Reed is a free agent after #SB47 & the #Patriots could top the list. "I could definitely play for coach Belichick."     http://bit.ly/UDRGnS

REPORT: PAT YASKINSKAS WILL BE VOTING FOR WARREN SAPP FOR THE HALL OF FAME
Tom Krasniqi ‏@TKras
Pat Yaskinskas: I'm voting for Warren Sapp for the Hall of Fame

REPORT: BUCS FIRE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH
Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
"Bucs have fired special teams coach Bob Ligashesky after one season."

REPORT: COWBOYS HIRE EX-BUC RICH BISACCHIA
Tampa Bay Buccaneers ‏@bucsbuzztap
Yahoo! Sports >> "Cowboys hire longtime assistant to lead special teams"      http://buzztap.com/-97q4Xf

REPORT: DASHON GOLDSON EXPECTED TO RE-SIGN WITH 49ERS
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg
"Dashon Goldson expects to re-sign with the 49ers"     http://tinyurl.com/bf9pof8  #NFL #49ers

A lot can happen in a day even though it is the off-season for 30 out of 32 teams in the NFL...... Anyways I'll start doing this most days if there is enough information. Let me know what you think about the idea...
: January 31, 2013, 04:02:06 PM BucsFan18

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 30, 2013, 08:49:49 PM

Good stuff, thanks. Keep it up, muchly appreciated.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2 : January 30, 2013, 08:58:53 PM

Everything else tonight will be in tomorrows edition of Reports & Rumours

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#3 : January 30, 2013, 09:03:15 PM

Sweet. Thanks for doing this.

Since Oden was with the Saints, too, does thar mean we may make a run at Tracy Porter as well as Cox?

The quest for .500 begins...

CanadianBuc

Starter
#4 : January 30, 2013, 09:04:18 PM

Not sure... I'll look into it. Let you know soon but isn't Porter a little old for the Bucs?
Again thanks for the props! More then glad to do this again!
: January 30, 2013, 09:06:41 PM BucsFan18

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 30, 2013, 09:13:22 PM

Porter is only 26

CanadianBuc

Starter
#6 : January 30, 2013, 09:16:57 PM

Seems like he has been around a lot longer then that so putting that in perspective would you rather have Porter or Cox they are both the same age. I think Cox is better in Pass Coverage and Porter is better at Run Support so I guess I would take Cox but thats IMO

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#7 : January 30, 2013, 09:19:58 PM

Can we have both? Porter is coming off of an injury, IIRC. Probably could have him for cheap.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#8 : January 30, 2013, 09:27:36 PM

I know for sure that the Bucs are at least looking into Cox but not sure about Porter...... There has been no news articles or even a single tweet involving where Porter could be heading but I'll let you know whenever I find out. Also incase you haven't heard yet 3 teams have already made offers for Darrelle Revis and the Bucs were indeed one of them along with the Colts and Broncos. I still don't know what was offered but they did in fact make one. If we do get Revis the chances of us signing another FA CB are slim. If they fall into that scenario they will most likely draft a CB in either R2 or R3. This move would also allow them to be a little more flexible with their first Round selection if they haven't already traded it away to the Jets

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#9 : January 30, 2013, 09:32:39 PM

Can we have both? Porter is coming off of an injury, IIRC. Probably could have him for cheap.
He had a seizure in pre-season, then had similar symptoms again in October.  He missed 9 games for that, then had a concussion his first game back.  Not sure I would touch him, he's obviously got some issues.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#10 : January 30, 2013, 09:51:03 PM

Oh damn. Do. Not. Want.

For his and his family's sake, I hope he hangs em up.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 30, 2013, 09:56:50 PM

maybe it was just a ryan clark situation?  id fully look into it before declining an adequate CB for a reasonable salary.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CanadianBuc

Starter
#12 : January 31, 2013, 06:54:47 AM

I asked Tom Krasniqi about Tracy Porter and all he said was that it could be possible, the bucs are picking up at least 2 CBs this Off-Season but only for the right price.
Tom Krasniqi ‏@TKras
@TBBucs2002 Sure, its possible. #Bucs need to acquire at least two CBs this offseason. Depends on price tag

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 31, 2013, 08:33:16 AM

I asked Tom Krasniqi about Tracy Porter and all he said was that it could be possible, the bucs are picking up at least 2 CBs this Off-Season but only for the right price.
Tom Krasniqi ‏@TKras
@TBBucs2002 Sure, its possible. #Bucs need to acquire at least two CBs this offseason. Depends on price tag

"Depends on price tag" and an offer for Revis Island is an interesting combo.  Either way it's good to see that Dom is looking in all areas to upgrade our starting CB's.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 31, 2013, 09:25:27 AM

I am 100% certain the Bucs have not made an offer for Revis.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: January 30, 2013: NFL Reports/Rumour Mill in Tweets « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools