Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Reach for a Corner? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 31, 2013, 12:50:49 PM

Dominik has done nothing for the OL in the draft since he became GM.

I'd prefer he sign bonafide players in FA personally, over a crapshoot draft choice any day of the week. He gets a pass from me when he signs an All Pro to sure up the line. We need to add some youth, but there are more glaring needs all across the defensive side of the ball.

+1

Said it 100 times, Dom has not and will not draft OL early at all....He is even on record saying so.
3 pro bowl players on the line, just need them healthy.  Go grab Loadholt in FA.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 31, 2013, 02:18:49 PM

If the Bucs take Rhodes with the 13th overall pick, they won't be reaching because he is the best CB prospect in this draft. Milliner would also be a solid pick at 13.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 31, 2013, 08:41:34 PM

If the Bucs take Rhodes with the 13th overall pick, they won't be reaching because he is the best CB prospect in this draft. Milliner would also be a solid pick at 13.

If there is a run on QB's early, those guys could probably be had a little later.  It would benifit the Bucs, if Geno, and the other QB prospects really light up the combine.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Jutt

Starter
#18 : January 31, 2013, 08:51:47 PM

Dominik has done nothing for the OL in the draft since he became GM. In order for Doug to thrive and Josh to survive, now is the time to snag an impact player for 2013 and beyond. Address CB in free agency and later in the draft. If not OL then an impact DT to pair up with McCoy.

I'd replace Q. Black with Watson. We don't need to draft a LB or a DE. We need to resign Bennett and get Clayborn and Bowers more experience.

An average FA CB will upgrade our defensive backfield. We can't depend on rookies completely. Talent alone won't get the job done. Wright is likely gone, but he shouldn't be that hard to replace. Revis would be great but too costly.

We had a scrapped together line this season and Doug seemed to fare pretty well. I think we'll be okay for this season on the OL, next year depending on the play we can take a look at upgrading RT, but we have other GLARING needs that have to be addressed before the OL.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Reach for a Corner? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools