Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Operation Northwoods « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« : January 31, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »

I just recently became aware of this and I believe now more than ever that 9/11 COULD have been planned. It also makes the Kennedy assassinations seem even more shady. For those who don't know, Operation Northwoods was a plan straight from the pentagon to commit acts of terrorism against Americans and blame it on Castro. They wanted to invade Cuba and needed to stage an event to convince Americans it was necessary. The plan didn't move forward because JFK didn't allow it to.

Here's a general story about it:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662&page=1

Here are some details, straight from the actual document that can be read here:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf

A series of well coordinated incidents will be planned to take place in and around Guantanamo to give genuine appearance of being done by hostile Cuban forces.

a. Incidents to establish a credible attack (not in chronological order):

Start rumors (many). Use clandestine radio.
        Land friendly Cubans in uniform "over-the-fence" to stage attack on base.
        Capture Cuban (friendly) saboteurs inside the base.
        Start riots near the base main gate (friendly Cubans).[13]
        Blow up ammunition inside the base; start fires.
        Burn aircraft on air base (sabotage).
        Lob mortar shells from outside of base into base. Some damage to installations.
        Capture assault teams approaching from the sea or vicinity of Guantanamo City.
        Capture militia group which storms the base.
        Sabotage ship in harbor; large fires—naphthalene.
        Sink ship near harbor entrance. Conduct funerals for mock-victims (may be in lieu of (10)).

b. United States would respond by executing offensive operations to secure water and power supplies, destroying artillery and mortar emplacements which threaten the base.
    c. Commence large scale United States military operations.

A "Remember the Maine" incident could be arranged in several forms:

a. We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba.
    b. We could blow up a drone (unmanned) vessel anywhere in the Cuban waters. We could arrange to cause such incident in the vicinity of Havana or Santiago as a spectacular result of Cuban attack from the air or sea, or both. The presence of Cuban planes or ships merely investigating the intent of the vessel could be fairly compelling evidence that the ship was taken under attack. The nearness to Havana or Santiago would add credibility especially to those people that might have heard the blast or have seen the fire. The United States could follow up with an air/sea rescue operation covered by U.S. fighters to "evacuate" remaining members of the non-existent crew. Casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation.

We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington.[14]
The terror campaign could be pointed at refugees seeking haven in the United States. We could sink a boatload of Cubans en route to Florida (real or simulated). We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States even to the extent of wounding in instances to be widely publicized. Exploding a few plastic bombs in carefully chosen spots, the arrest of Cuban agents and the release of prepared documents substantiating Cuban involvement, also would be helpful in projecting the idea of an irresponsible government.

Having read about this I'm not sure how anyone can say there's no chance 9/11 could have been planned. This situation is identical to what many feel 9/11 was all about. A false flag event designed to brainwash the public into thinking we needed to invade a foreign country.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 31, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »

The argument isn't that it couldn't have been planned, it's that it couldn't have been carried out clandestinely. Any argument that it could have must encompass extreme levels of absurdity.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 31, 2013, 12:14:13 PM »

Sure it could, but I'm not going to argue something that neither of us could prove. My point in posting that was to show people that our government would in fact do such a thing if given the chance.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 31, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »

"Sure it could, but I'm not going to argue something that neither of us could prove."

That's good, because everyone who tries ends up looking like a fool.

" My point in posting that was to show people that our government would in fact do such a thing if given the chance."

Governments are composed of people. People sometimes do shady things. Perhaps this isn't the ground breaking revelation you seem to think it is.
« : January 31, 2013, 12:22:24 PM Illuminator »

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 31, 2013, 12:21:16 PM »

You included if you believe you know of every major, or even minor, secret operation this country has carried out.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 31, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »

I don't recall including that, and I don't see it in any of my posts. Care to rephrase?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 31, 2013, 12:24:36 PM »

"Sure it could, but I'm not going to argue something that neither of us could prove."

That's good, because everyone who tries ends up looking like a fool.

" My point in posting that was to show people that our government would in fact do such a thing if given the chance."

Governments are composed of people sometimes do shady things. Perhaps this isn't the ground breaking revelation you seem to think it is.

Ground breaking? This has been known for quite a long time, I just only recently stumbled onto it. You're living in the dark if you don't believe there are literally tens of millions of people who would argue to the point of starting a riot over whether our government would even consider doing something like this. You're attempting to come off as this cool customer, phased by nothing. When in reality your take on this matter, if even genuine, would be in the extreme minority.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 31, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »

I don't recall including that, and I don't see it in any of my posts. Care to rephrase?

How do you know if other secret operations, some maybe bigger, haven't been pulled off in the past? To say a 9/11 plan couldn't have remained secret is to say that you know of every secret operation this country has ever organized, and the level of secrecy it was able to maintain.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 31, 2013, 12:30:17 PM »

" whether our government would even consider doing something like this."

You're not catching on. Whether they would consider it or not is immaterial. I would strongly consider jumping over the moon. That doesn't mean I'm capable of successfully performing that act.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 31, 2013, 12:34:39 PM »

And again, you haven't the slightest clue as to what has or hasn't been pulled off in this nations history. I'm catching on just fine.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 31, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »

I would strongly consider jumping over the moon.

See! See! He considered doing it once! This is strong evidence that he probably did do it!

Total logic fail.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 31, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »

I would strongly consider jumping over the moon.

See! See! He considered doing it once! This is strong evidence that he probably did do it!

I know nothing of the operations this country has ever carried out, yet I'm going to claim to know what is and isn't possible.

Cool.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 31, 2013, 12:53:12 PM »

And again, you haven't the slightest clue as to what has or hasn't been pulled off in this nations history. I'm catching on just fine.

In order to know if this is a conspiracy or not, I must have inside knowledge of every single conspiracy in the history of this country? Gee, I can't imagine why I ever thought there were flaws in your logic.

I have one for you, though. I believe that you're not a person at all, but an experiment by Boid the mad scientist to see if he could create a turd with eyes. Please do not bother trying to contest this theory, unless you can definitively prove that you know about every other conspiracy in the history of mad scientists.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 31, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »

Yes, you must know of every conspiracy. How else would you have anything to base your assumptions on? You believe 9/11 was impossible to plan and implement in secrecy, but for all you know there have been other plans just as, sensitive, that were pulled off without a hitch. Are you not willing to admit that?

What I think this boils down to is that you weren't aware of Operation Northwoods so your ego is causing you to shift the conversation to something else more familiar to you, which of course is the theory you pulled out of your ass that states you know for certain what this country is capable of doing.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 31, 2013, 01:18:55 PM »

What I think this boils down to is that you weren't aware of Operation Northwoods

Maybe it's time you left the thinking to those better suited for it.

Operation Northwoods... a plan that was rejected, for obvious reasons. If you plan to build a case with this as the foundation, don't be surprised when reasoning people don't buy it.

Why don't we just cut to the chase here and you break out your 'teapot orbiting the sun' theory, where you try to shift the burden onto me to disprove your loony theories? We both know that's where this is headed.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Operation Northwoods « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools