Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading Freeman Makes Sense For Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Arizona Cardinals « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

bashear

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 02, 2013, 01:58:21 PM

One of the worst articles I have read this off-season so far. Author is a complete moron.
The compensation for Freeman is a joke. The Bucs should get rid of Freeman now because we don't figure into the NFC South in 2013--do the Cardinals make a run for it in the NFC West in 2013?

"Trading Freeman may be bold, but the line between bold and brilliant is often non-existent." I'd say that the line between bold and stupid is often non-existent.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#31 : February 02, 2013, 01:59:52 PM

Just let him finish his contract out, and if we move on from him just pray for Bridgewater.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 02, 2013, 02:12:27 PM

is there a part 2 to this?  i'm still waiting for the part where it makes sense for the bucs. basically the whole article is about how well he'd fit into their offense.  who would be our qb then?  was this written by a legit writer or someone from a cardinal fan site?

McCoy93

Starter

#33 : February 02, 2013, 02:35:14 PM

The cards have some young attractive pieces especially on D. If they threw in a player like Daryll Washington or a Calias Campbell?
: February 02, 2013, 02:44:52 PM Benn17

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 02, 2013, 02:38:10 PM

Lol. Patrick Peterson and a pick for Freeman.... You are kidding.... Right?

bashear

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 02, 2013, 02:42:07 PM

is there a part 2 to this?  i'm still waiting for the part where it makes sense for the bucs. basically the whole article is about how well he'd fit into their offense.  who would be our qb then?  was this written by a legit writer or someone from a cardinal fan site?
I guess the author felt that by saying the Bucs won't challenge for the NFC South in 2013, the author doesn't need to explain how the Bucs will fix the gaping hole in their offense.

McCoy93

Starter

#36 : February 02, 2013, 02:42:48 PM

idk why i typed that. Peterson is an untouchable. I was thinking calias campbell

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#37 : February 02, 2013, 02:48:23 PM

How about one of their young tackles, Potter or Massie, to at least add depth and competition.  Would still need some high '14 picks, too.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 02, 2013, 02:54:57 PM

If they'd give their 2014 first round pick, I'd do it. I've already given up on freeman though. So it's an easy decision for me. We'd have to attempt to bring in an Orton or someone to make us competitive this coming season... But the plan would be Manziel or Bridgewater next year. Holding on to Freeman if you think he is not the answer, simply because there are no immediate options to replace him, is short sighted. If he's not the guy, then get something for him while you can and think ahead a few steps.
: February 02, 2013, 02:57:10 PM JDouble

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#39 : February 02, 2013, 03:22:27 PM

If they'd give their 2014 first round pick, I'd do it. I've already given up on freeman though. So it's an easy decision for me. We'd have to attempt to bring in an Orton or someone to make us competitive this coming season... But the plan would be Manziel or Bridgewater next year. Holding on to Freeman if you think he is not the answer, simply because there are no immediate options to replace him, is short sighted. If he's not the guy, then get something for him while you can and think ahead a few steps.
Agreed, but I get the feeling that I think Freeman is more valuable than you do.  Gametime's suggestion of a #2 this year, and 1 and 3 next season sounds good.  Throw in Massie, and you've got a great deal.  Send a 5th to Seattle for Flynn and see what he's got for a season.  If he comes in a plays like he did for the couple of games in Green Bay, then we still draft a QB high and it gives us time to develop him.  Upgrade defense in FA (Smith, Dorsey, McKelvin, Durant) this year, and use the draft picks to add some offensive weapons as well as pieces on D (Rhodes, Ertz, Bailey, Swearinger, then 4-7 use for depth at G, RB, and LB).  We'd be a SB contender for the next 10 years if they followed this plan.   

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 02, 2013, 03:34:16 PM

Bridgewater or Manziel....so your plan is to be the worst team in the league next season ?? No thanks.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 02, 2013, 03:40:38 PM

Agreed, but I get the feeling that I think Freeman is more valuable than you do. 

I think I'm just being realistic. Freeman has been unreliable and has ran very hot and cold his entire career. He's never showed up big verse a top team or for a big game. If we are ready to call it quits, some other team that is desperate for a QB will surely see him as an upgrade in a year when there really are no good options....but I don't see anybody giving us anything close to what the Broncos got for Cutler. If a team like the Jags or Cardinals or Chiefs let their desperation level get the better of them, we might be able to get a future 1st....but realistically I see that as the most we could hope to receive.

None of this really matters though, because it is all hypothetical. Freemen isn't going anywhere. Only way we trade him is if he stinks it up early and we trade him mid season before the week eight deadline. Of course in that scenario we won't get much for him.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 02, 2013, 03:40:59 PM

I don't think Free is going to be an elite QB, but he is coming off a career year. Everybody, including the Bucs, would like to see if he can continue to build on that season. Holding on to Freeman for one more year to see what he does is the best move I can see, given the QBs in FA and the draft. Freeman might not be the answer.

Some teams try to solve their lack of a QB for many years, going through option after option while dwelling in the cellar. I'd like the Bucs to avoid that, if possible. A second-round pick doesn't thrill me at all--sure, you can wind up with a Lavonte David, but you can also wind up with a Benn. I can't imagine Dom making the trade the author suggested.

In the end, I see Freeman here next year. After that, who knows?

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#43 : February 02, 2013, 03:55:50 PM

I don't think Free is going to be an elite QB, but he is coming off a career year. Everybody, including the Bucs, would like to see if he can continue to build on that season. Holding on to Freeman for one more year to see what he does is the best move I can see, given the QBs in FA and the draft. Freeman might not be the answer.

Some teams try to solve their lack of a QB for many years, going through option after option while dwelling in the cellar. I'd like the Bucs to avoid that, if possible. A second-round pick doesn't thrill me at all--sure, you can wind up with a Lavonte David, but you can also wind up with a Benn. I can't imagine Dom making the trade the author suggested.

In the end, I see Freeman here next year. After that, who knows?
I can't speak for anyone else, but all I'm saying is that Schiano and Sheridan have seen how Freeman has developed on the practice field, film room, and in competition on the field.  Dom has been around since Free was drafted and heard the evaluations from 2 different coaching staffs.  If they aren't convinced that he's a franchise QB, then now is the time to cut ties.  If we wait until next season and Freeman stinks it up, then his value will drop.  Either he'll walk as a free agent (and we'll get nothing in return), or we'll have to sign him to a guaranteed contract where we'll be stuck with him, or we'll have to tag him and pay him like a top 5 QB in the league.  Maybe the magical light will come on, and he'll become a good QB.  If that's the case, then Schiano and staff should already be seeing signs of this and they should take that chance.  Otherwise, get what you can while it's a horrible FA market and draft class at the position.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#44 : February 02, 2013, 04:07:57 PM

Bridgewater or Manziel....so your plan is to be the worst team in the league next season ?? No thanks.
No the plan would be to have our #1 and someone else's #1 and maneuver up to the top 3 using picks to get one of them.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading Freeman Makes Sense For Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Arizona Cardinals « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools