Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone following the myriad of articles about the Tesla test drive by the NYT? « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: February 16, 2013, 02:38:47 PM

There has to be at last 10 articles, blogs, reports etc etc from the NYT, Tesla Motors, CNN and some reputable car magazine (I forgot the name). Test runs were made in California and by CNN in NY which clearly refutes what the NYT writer wrote and supports the owner, IMO.

In almost all non NYT articles, it would appear to indicate that the NYT writer did not report the true facts but rather slanted them for actual reasons unknown.

I must have read half of them and almost all the comments sections after each. Some people act like ostriches. I don't believe the electric car is a fad. Something is going to replace the gasoline engine soon, why not electric, at least for now.

How can the writer be so stupid to make comments that can or cannot be supported by the data collector in the car.
The NYT lost credibility with this story.

FWIW, the black box, if you will. It's in most new cards now and the the government now wants to capture more data than is presently being recorded and make it mandatory. Supposedly, the box has been in many cars since the 2010 model, some say even before that. Can't you just hear the defendant saying I wasn't speeding, I didn't go thru the red light, I did stop not roll thru that stop sign, my turn signal WAS on, the light must have just burned out, my radio was not loud   etc etc. and the cop just shows the data recorder info. No more traffic court. Just pay the fines.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 16, 2013, 04:59:53 PM

The bastion of reporting has fallen to depths one would have never anticipated Unc.  Whether it is plagiarism or dishonesty they seem to get attention almost daily.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 16, 2013, 11:18:47 PM

Well given that the NYT is leans so far to the left I doubt they're doing it to make the electric car look bad since that is Zoolander's favorte gimmick. One suepects they gave an accurate report but something about their test drive didn't match up with the latter tests.

The problem with the electric car is and will be into any reasonable future the range sucks and the recharge time is unacceptable. I looked at the Leaf before buying a new car but the cost was too high. For me, the electric car would work as I have short commute and just run around town but I need a gasoline car for any trip of any distance. The car I wanted was this: http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/   Liquid fuel so you can still "fill up", you can tap into the existing liquid fuel distribution network (gas stations) and fill up at home. Plus, it doesn't look like a wind up toy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone following the myriad of articles about the Tesla test drive by the NYT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools